Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

[CAMP] Blood On The Sand

It's hard to say at the moment. ;)

moar mishuns k thx bai and no txt "voices" this time you slacktard. :plain: :b: :619: :protest:

I started your campaign last night, and I really enjoyed it. I can say that it's the first time I've enjoyed a campaign in ArmA. It's faster paced, well thought, not much boring walking around but just straight business :) The story is a bit typical though.

Now some feedback:

I laughed my ass off in the first mission, that rookie local was hilarious. The ambush mission was great, it really caught me off guard and an excellent cutscene with RPG guy blowing off the APC.

The high-point was the airfield infiltrate one though, excellent atmosphere and the mission really punishes player if he fucks up. I was spotted by the helicopter in the end, and literally had to run like hell with an army chasing me :D I couldn't rescue the "Guerilla Leader" though, nothing happened as I killed the guys beside him and no action menu options as well. Probably it was because I used ACE.

Consant music is a good thought, it makes the gaps between actions less boring.

I've still not finished your campaign, hopefully the rest of the mission are as good as the first. One request though, can you make the Airfield mission a standalone coop? Maybe with a bit higher difficulty. That would rock!

Keep up the good work, this campaign is your best one yet! :)

About Guerilla Leader, you have to go behind him and look at his hands to get the actionmenu entry

First off, I'm loving this campaign. :D

But, I have come across a problem.

When I try to start the 6th mission (Combined Arms) it crashes on the loading screen, everytime. Any idea why? D:

@xBrutallus

Give us more info you lunch this campaign with other mods maybe? Or with clean arma 2 co, what patch version you have etc.

I play this campaign with patch 1.59 and jsrs sound mod and i have no crashes or errors

Great campaign!!

Question/observation regarding Premtive Strike

After liberating the guerilla leader, I destroyed the Shilka, retreated to stay undetected from the investigating patrols and swept back to the east for the other objectives. But at one point in my maneuver, the completed objective regarding the guerilla leader passed from completed to failed even if it was a while ago since he got off. Where is he got off actually? Is is possible that he got killed in a distant village or something?

Thanks!!

Hey, first of all thanks for the great campaign, best one i've played so far.

Anyways, I have a problem with Combined Arms, the mission is completely broke. Everything has worked as a charm so far, so I don't really get it.

First of all, all objective locations or whatever you want to call it are located Southeast of hill 2661 (relatively close to Landay), so whatever task i choose as the current task, it tells me to go to somewhere that is 10km away. All the references to places in the briefing doesn't work either. Objectives doesn't finish either, and the "support" when attacking the village just camps outside while the enemy pwns the shit out of you.

I'm using Steam if that's a help, also I'm not using combined operations, but have each game seperatly.

I'm stuck, so it would be great if someone could help me fix it.

Thanks.

The campaign is only for Combined Operations. That will be the source of your problems. If you have both, you should be able to right click your Operation Arrowhead entry in your Steam games menu and select "Start ARMA 2: Combined Operations", or something to that effect.

A new version is coming soon, so keep your eyes open. :cool:

I can't disable the IED on combined arms. If I send unit 5 he just stands around the IED like an idiot, if i approach the IED to see if I can get a message to tell me to disarm the IED it blows up on me >.>

PhantomSix,

I'm probably insulting your intelligence here (hope not!) - have you selected your team-IED-defuser, gone to his action menu (press 6) and selected 'defuse IED' from there? Works for me.

Brilliant campaign, by the way - even an old duffer like me can enjoy some beautifully-put-together missions that are every bit as good as the original OFP stuff. Many thanks.

I selected 5 and pressed 6 but I don't see the defuse IED option on him. I just tried manually running the IED over with a car to get rid of it because I can't order my unit 5 to defuse the bomb, and after I took Anar, the mission black out but will never end.

Ahhh great... I have version 1.10....

Edited by Phantom Six

need help. on the mission with the shilkas, i cant seem to place satchesl, i use ACE. Is there a different way to use it?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

nevermind, its an Ace thing. I manage it now.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

i cant seem to fin the interaction controls, i did open the first one with windos right button. But the real interaction is with control APP Menu ??

Reporting problems that have nothing to do with the campaign is not what this thread is for.

sorry, i didnt notice at first it was an Ace issue. Jesus...

Always start playing these games in vanilla form. Only move onto ACE when you know the vanilla workings well enough. Stops troubles like these from occurring. ;)

Thanks for an excellent campaign Zipper!!

I didnt have any bugs or problems except this one, this isnt a bug. Its a feature of ACE itself. Took a while before i figured it out.

I selected 5 and pressed 6 but...

When I played the campaign it was unit no 6 which is capable of defusing the IED. :)

Great work Zipper, the story is interesting to follow and I can't remember when I've got to play such well made big battles since OFP. Most custom missions nowadays are about special forces doing on their own.

Though I've to report some bugs:

In the mission with the task to defuse an IED, I did defuse it with soldier 6 and the objective ticked off. When soldier 6 was killed later on, the objective changed from "done" to "failed".

In Aziz' compound the objective to clear the compound, had problems with the guarding UAZ. When it started driving big circles around the compound (~500m) to get a clear shot on me, the objective was done. Still the UAZ drove near and far guarding Aziz, it didn't flee.

This campaign and the forerunner campaign "Cobalt" are just great. It's been a while since I enjoyed playing such a cinematic campaign with so much atmosphere and a good story. Thumbs up! :)

Excellent campaign! I just finished it with Revenge and Regret.

Too bad I wasnt allowed to get a shot off and take at least one of my "fellow" soldiers out with me, I didn't like that after doing the right thing and killing Aziz that I have to get wacked. I after all believe in what I know to be correct and if my fellow soldiers turn on me then they are on the wrong side.

Shame the world works so politically correct and a man with the character of Aziz would receive any kind of leniency. The world would be better off without men like that around!

Hum... I don't think Stephen want to kill his fellow comrades. He just aim them so the CDF soldier will kill him because they will think he is going to shoot. He wanted to die because of what he done.

Me, I won the 4 endings : They are all bad, except if you decide to forget and let Aziz get in prison

Excellent campaign. Some comments and observations:

- Armaholic still has 1.10, not 1.20 for download, as realised when I looked here to investigate some bugs.

- In Combined Arms, the enemy don't seem to use the machine-gun equipped jeeps in the first and second outposts. I found the mission quite a bit easier when I used them myself though.

- Any tips on clearing Aziz' compound? I've tried from every approach and eventually get flanked... the geography makes it difficult to pick them off one by one

Excellent campaign so far, like Operation Cobalt! I have two problems, though.

-Sometimes I get a glitch, both in OC and in BOTS; after loading a savegame, my character can no longer move, not even changing stance. I can make micromovements by double tapping the "forward" key, but this doesn't fix it. The only way I found to get around it is to exit and restart the game.

-In Combined Arms, in unit 6's actions menu there is no way to order him to disarm that garbage IED.

Edited by folgore_airborne