Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis

Namalsk Crisis

version v1.15.2

(Update 2.2)

namalsk_pathfinder_2.2.jpg

This update is for users, who owns Namalsk Crisis Update 2

This update is focused on improving the gameplay experience of Namalsk Crisis mod, one of the bigger changes are fundamental changes in the core scripts, which allows better performance and more functionality in multiplayer situations. And as a bonus, when we have xmas coming up shortly, you can make better winter atmosphere on Namalsk using new scripts! Check more about it on the main website.

This update is also improving several things around Namalsk island and Namalsk Crisis campaign.

I would like to thank you guys here again for your feedback and reports! :)

Changelog:

Added: Several detailed objects
Added: C130J wreck site on the western mountain ridge
Added: snowfall function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_snowfall' (requires function manager module)
Added: breath fog function for Namalsk - 'dzn_fnc_breathfog' (requires function manager module)
Improved: Mutant scripts for multiplayer (multiplayer requires functions manager)
Improved: Blowout module behaviour and code (you can now take cover against blowout in buildings)
Improved: Mutants should not have problems with hitting you (tweaked min attack range)
Improved: Namalsk Crisis campaign, mission #12, mission now waits a bit longer for players to run take the cover in Sebjan mine
Improved: Namalsk Crisis campaign, mission #07, task return to base radar can be now completed (had no impact on the gameplay)
Changed: Lowered a bit volume of the ambient sounds on Namalsk (please note that there is still bug present in arma II, which changes the sound volume randomly when doing alt+tab)
Changed: Object AII & Object AI names changed to Object A2 & Object A1 (so we dont hear people saying object everyone/everything)
Changed: Several variable types, names and dependencies (find more about it on [url="http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php?menu=en_son_moduly"]here[/url])
Fixed: Several objects collisions and terrain spikes on Namalsk
+ contains changes from [url="http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2247823&viewfull=1#post2247823"]Update 2.1[/url]

List of files:

namalsk.pbo
namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_missions.pbo
ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_modules.pbo
ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign

Installation:

This update is for Namalsk Crisis v1.15 (Update 2 aka "Pathfinder").

Extract content of the downloaded archive nc_pathfinder_u2.7z, extract it into @NC\Addons\ and confirm the file overwrite.

Download:

Namalsk Crisis, Update 2.2 [v1.15 to v1.15.2 or v1.15.1 to v1.15.2], 87MB, 7z archive

This is not the newest update, please refer to this - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118731-Arma-2-Namalsk-Crisis&p=2266622&viewfull=1#post2266622

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak@nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

http://www.xfire.com/profile/sumr4k/

Edited by Sumrak

Just to be sure, does this patch replace 1.15.1? Or should users first apply patch 1.15.1 and than this one (1.15.2)? Your directions added above are a bit unclear to me.

I just want to make 100% sure I update our pages correctly :)

Thanks for the update Sumrak!! The MP related fixes are most appreciated!!!

Question: can mutants be played by humans in a PvP setting? I've never tried it....

Just to be sure, does this patch replace 1.15.1? Or should users first apply patch 1.15.1 and than this one (1.15.2)? Your directions added above are a bit unclear to me.

I just want to make 100% sure I update our pages correctly :)

Yeah, sorry, you can apply this patch to both 1.15.1 or 1.15, it will do the same job - updating it to 1.15.2 (this update pretty much replaces the previous update 2.1(1.15.1), so you can edit the 2.1 page and replace it with this 2.2(1.15.2)). Thanks btw! :)

Thanks for the update Sumrak!! The MP related fixes are most appreciated!!!

Question: can mutants be played by humans in a PvP setting? I've never tried it....

You cannot play for the mutant side, although it could be pretty interesting! ;) Nice suggestion :cool:

Thanks Sumrak!

Updates up on SIX Updater Network.

Any news on DayZ 1.7.4.4 support?

Thanks guys!

Any news on DayZ 1.7.4.4 support?

Hopefully today too :)

So, how would i enable snowfall? I tried placinf a functions module on the map and place "this call dzn_fnc_snowfall; this call dzn_fnc_breathfog" in the .INIT line of it. Also tried with placing these lines in the init.sqf. - No effect. How would i use it properly so it actually snows in my mission?

So, how would i enable snowfall? I tried placinf a functions module on the map and place "this call dzn_fnc_snowfall; this call dzn_fnc_breathfog" in the .INIT line of it. Also tried with placing these lines in the init.sqf. - No effect. How would i use it properly so it actually snows in my mission?

Sorry, forgot one detail - to commit changes to the module & functions manual on the main site, so here you go - http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php?menu=en_son_moduly , you need to compile one function before using the snow itself. ;)

How does the mutant module work? It seems like it spawns zombies and bloodsuckers close to the player and they instantly knowsaboit his position, is there anyway to adjust spawn distances, intensity and disable knowsabout player so that it can be more of a random experience with the ability to observe or ignore them.

Also is it possible to have the bloodsuckers not invisible or become visible at a bit more of a distance so that the player has an opportunity to ignore or runaway from them if he spots it in time.

These questions are in regard to my own missions, I love using them but it becomes tiresome and or predictable as you know the routine each time.

Currently I use DAC to spawn them for a more random encounter, works on except DAC runs on groups.

Lastly :) is it possible to spawn them on only a certain time, like night only for example.

Sorry unable to access documentation th the moment.

Anyway great update, love the new sounds... always nice to come back to Namalsk!

Sorry, forgot one detail - to commit changes to the module & functions manual on the main site, so here you go - http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php?menu=en_son_moduly , you need to compile one function before using the snow itself. ;)

Would you be able to upaod an example/template mission where it snows and breathfog is enabled for all units? I can#t seem to get it to work and this would be faster than any trial-and-error long-range error snapping session ;)

How does the mutant module work? It seems like it spawns zombies and bloodsuckers close to the player and they instantly knowsaboit his position, is there anyway to adjust spawn distances, intensity and disable knowsabout player so that it can be more of a random experience with the ability to observe or ignore them.

Also is it possible to have the bloodsuckers not invisible or become visible at a bit more of a distance so that the player has an opportunity to ignore or runaway from them if he spots it in time.

These questions are in regard to my own missions, I love using them but it becomes tiresome and or predictable as you know the routine each time.

Currently I use DAC to spawn them for a more random encounter, works on except DAC runs on groups.

Lastly :) is it possible to spawn them on only a certain time, like night only for example.

Sorry unable to access documentation th the moment.

Anyway great update, love the new sounds... always nice to come back to Namalsk!

The looking range for target (500 meters) is hard-coded in control script, same as the invisibility / visibility range. So the only way is changing the script itself. (nst\ns_modules\mutants\script\)

Mutant module should do more things than currently :D So I am afraid, you will need to script these things (it is not that hard though).

I would probably create much more effective scripts in these days, but it is really hard to find proper time for something like that in these days, I was mainly focused in this update to improve the functionality of the current scripts. So they work fine in multiplayer.

Would you be able to upaod an example/template mission where it snows and breathfog is enabled for all units? I can#t seem to get it to work and this would be faster than any trial-and-error long-range error snapping session ;)

http://download.nightstalkers.cz/arma2/nc22_features.namalsk.7z

No worries!

I just try not to panic each time i hear bloodsucker coming for me :D

You cannot play for the mutant side, although it could be pretty interesting! ;) Nice suggestion :cool:

Well I just realized, why it shouldn't work :D Just tried it and you can control bloodsucker pretty much except you don't have that good skills at finding enemies :p And it is pretty confusing when you cant see your body :D

No worries!

I just try not to panic each time i hear bloodsucker coming for me :D

;)

Thank you for the Sample mission. It seems to work in triggers, it did not in my init.sqf however.

2 Questions.

a) For the 'time' parameter in the snowfall, what does it do? Specifi the time how long it snows until it stops to snow again? And if so, is it seconds, minutes, hours? Also, is there a way to make it snow all the time, so without specifying a parameter for time, BUT setting intensity to 1?

b) Do i have to call the breathfog script for every unit i want particulary, or is there a possibility to call it so it works for all spawned units automatically?

Thank you for the Sample mission. It seems to work in triggers, it did not in my init.sqf however.

2 Questions.

a) For the 'time' parameter in the snowfall, what does it do? Specifi the time how long it snows until it stops to snow again? And if so, is it seconds, minutes, hours? Also, is there a way to make it snow all the time, so without specifying a parameter for time, BUT setting intensity to 1?

b) Do i have to call the breathfog script for every unit i want particulary, or is there a possibility to call it so it works for all spawned units automatically?

Be sure you have waitUntil{!isNil "bis_fnc_init"}; in init before calling / spawning any functions. (bis_fnc_init is functions manager init)

a) Time is in seconds, it means for how long snow will fall with the specified density, if you don't specify time, it will use default like 3 seconds I believe

b) You have to call breathfog script on every unit you want, you can do it for all units like if you want

{[_x] spawn dzn_fnc_breathfog;} foreach AllUnits

(should work somehow, but I just noticed there is a small mistake, so you may see dead bodies still with breath fog, damn :o :D). This will be fixed next time, if you would find this game breaking, I can provide you details / fixed code (basically variable change from player to _unit on two places).

Almost all the trees disappeared from campaign. The place where Alex gets ambushed by NAC soldiers and BTR rolls in, the trees are gone ... I am also getting error messages that some buildings/objects are missing

Hello, I'm playing with the latest 2.2 update. First 4 or 5 missions have error: "Mission 'NR xxxxxx XX' contains bad link to a statik object. Open it in the editor and save it again".

Mission "06 Awakening in hell" seems to be impossible to find information (secondary objective). I found working NVGs, but not the information. I found laptop computers at the radar instalation, but no command or option to examine them is given. I searched for about 1 hour all the area and found nothing. Can you give a tip? Is it the notebooks or something else?

Thanks for this campaign and island, they're very well made even with the bugs. I also like to play dayz in it.

Almost all the trees disappeared from campaign. The place where Alex gets ambushed by NAC soldiers and BTR rolls in, the trees are gone ... I am also getting error messages that some buildings/objects are missing

Can you please check, if you have all the needed pbo files (reinstall the mod)? Also, do you have Arma 2 standalone, because since Namalsk Crisis Pathfinder (Update 2.0), only Arma 2 Combined Operations is supported.

Hello, I'm playing with the latest 2.2 update. First 4 or 5 missions have error: "Mission 'NR xxxxxx XX' contains bad link to a statik object. Open it in the editor and save it again".

Mission "06 Awakening in hell" seems to be impossible to find information (secondary objective). I found working NVGs, but not the information. I found laptop computers at the radar instalation, but no command or option to examine them is given. I searched for about 1 hour all the area and found nothing. Can you give a tip? Is it the notebooks or something else?

Thanks for this campaign and island, they're very well made even with the bugs. I also like to play dayz in it.

Hey,

MP or SP version?

Information are there, but you don't have to find them :P (if you set that task as an active one, you will receive a little help on map too).

SP version, I set it as a task, and the place on the map marked has only a water weel and one of those bells on the midle of nothing. Around that area are places with boxes of weapons and ammo and the NVG and many places with high radiation. Close by is the radar instalation. The 'information' task never checked the green box. I went to the transmition spot and got the end with the information task failed.

SP version, I set it as a task, and the place on the map marked has only a water weel and one of those bells on the midle of nothing. Around that area are places with boxes of weapons and ammo and the NVG and many places with high radiation. Close by is the radar instalation. The 'information' task never checked the green box. I went to the transmition spot and got the end with the information task failed.

Yeah, but you can still continue with the next mission, failing secondary task does not means you have to revert the current mission.

Information task is completable, location with documents exists :p

Sumrak, I deleted EVERYTHING from my @NC folder with your campaign. Then I went to your website and red this:

[Arma II Combined Operations users]

If you don't own Namalsk Crisis at all, proceed with the download of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder full package and then patch this installation with the newest update 2.2.

So I followed the instructions and put three things in my folder:

1. File nc_v1.10

2. File nc_pathfinder_u1

3. File nc_pathfinder_u2

(just like what your website is telling me to use)

When I start the game i get error messages that addon Namalsk needs addon NS, needs addon NS_plants, etc. WTF am I doing wrong?!?!?!? Please help! Give clear instructions which addons do I need to play your latest campaign, because there are so many of these f***g Namalsk addons out there I am going absolutely crazy right now!!!

Hey Sumrak and thnaks for the help for now. I have one more request in terms of ambient weather.

In the Menu Cutscene showing the most southern Army Base on top of the Mountain (the one with the massive antenna and the helipad next to it), there is some kind of snowstorm-effect. Also, due to a bug i had once while my arma was lagging, i noticed it tried to load a script like blizzard.sqm or something similar. Such a weather effect would be great with my missions and i wanted to ask you how i could archieve this snow storm, and whats the script to create it?