Sign in to follow this  
Choki

Iron Front - Liberation 1944, new WW2 game on A2:OA engine

That looks definitely like ww2 online with new graphics, behold the new king of ww2 fps simulation game.:yay:

The makers of ww2 online are actually working on a new project, but I guess that is better suited for a new thread.

Well from that last video I'll give them 1 thing, they have taken the game engine places I didnt think was possible, that BIS haven't even done.

eg moving sights and vehicle desrtruction/disassembly to name just a few.

Some impressive attention to detail in there

Love the bulky rushed welds on the armor plate, the pitted castings and detailed side mounted tools. I was almost expecting the tow rings on the front to pivot in their mounts. I wonder if they've change the German salute at all?

I wonder if they've change the German salute at all?

I don't know if that's a joke, so I'll respond seriously. No, because the German government doesn't recognise video games as an art form. Dickbags.

Gnat;2145187']Well from that last video I'll give them 1 thing' date=' they have taken the game engine places I didnt think was possible, that BIS haven't even done.

eg moving sights and vehicle desrtruction/disassembly to name just a few.

Some impressive attention to detail in there[/quote']

What has been seen can not be unseen. BIS we expect the same level of detail and fidelity in Arma 3.

Let be Arma 3, it would come out in late december or even 2013, long time for now.

What has been seen can not be unseen. BIS we expect the same level of detail and fidelity in Arma 3.

I expect at least the damage model on vehicles now. It was nice to see the shells bouncing off that KT, would have been nice to see that in Arma 2 (Shells from t34 or t55 should bounce off the M1A1)

Dan;2145410']I expect at least the damage model on vehicles now. It was nice to see the shells bouncing off that KT' date=' would have been nice to see that in Arma 2 (Shells from t34 or t55 should bounce off the M1A1)[/quote']

That was scripted by the Liberation mod back in old OFP days so... If you didn't see it in ARMA 1, the most probably thing is that you won't see it in ARMA 3

This game is obviously a second life for ArmA2 engine. I'm eager to know what system is used for this disassembly of vehicle parts, attachto or some newer tricks.

This game is obviously a second life for ArmA2 engine. I'm eager to know what system is used for this disassembly of vehicle parts, attachto or some newer tricks.

What do you mean with it ? Actually Arma 2 engine is very advanced at all, its pretty understaffed from stock by Bohemia in matter of marketing...

Well, just watching the videos shows how different this game will be from vanilla ArmA2, on several major areas.

It looks that it will be very different. :) Plus some patches, DLC`s...:rolleyes:

Another one:

They have added subtitles to the video now. But it was very informative even without them.

Preview infos http://simhq.com/_land3/land_127a.html

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

That was scripted by the Liberation mod back in old OFP days so... If you didn't see it in ARMA 1, the most probably thing is that you won't see it in ARMA 3

You can`t compare 11 years old engine with engine of Arma 2:OA

Somewhere in BI Wiki site it clearly typed that (Arma 2:OA engine) already has armor penetration under angle modeling.

In all cases you don`t even need a script to penetrate 150 mm thick steel plate under 40 degrees from horizontal angle...

http://www.panzerworld.net/armourcalculator

Edited by raptor90

Am I the only who is afraid that Liberation MP gameplay is going to be similar to A2 MP gameplay?

Aka 90% of the servers look like this;

- Tombraider players driving mario kart tanks and infantry shooting with crosshairs a bunch of dumb bots in a scenario called whatnot Domination, Evolution, Life or Warfare crap with tons of Addons and mods and ppl using TS instead of the build-in VON...

Am I the only who is afraid that Liberation MP gameplay is going to be similar to A2 MP gameplay?

Aka 90% of the servers look like this;

- Tombraider players driving mario kart tanks and infantry shooting with crosshairs a bunch of dumb bots in a scenario called whatnot Domination, Evolution, Life or Warfare crap with tons of Addons and mods and ppl using TS instead of the build-in VON...

Just because you don't like COOP, doesn't mean that it crap. Afterall PR has a lot of people who do the same thing, and just like the other servers also has people playing as a team.

Personally I cant wait for this game and to play MP, will be interesting since very few people will have scopes, as well as the new armor modelling to make armor more useful.

Some people refuse to acknowledge that its up to the server admins to select the settings/missions and other needed/required stuff. He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Some people refuse to acknowledge that its up to the server admins to select the settings/missions and other needed/required stuff. He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

This. People will play what they want and/or what they feel there is a demand for. If you don't like their choice then well...tough.

Don't get me wrong, I like coop :) I play DayZ all the time... but when it comes to WW2 game like Ironfront, I am hoping the gameplay would be immersive and larger scale, a bit like RO1 upgraded but even larger and more immersive (cos RO2 failed miserably).

Indeed server owners will most likely run their servers with the lowest common nominator, alas all the GPS, crosshairs and whatnot enabled. I suppose they don't want to limit their possible player base to the ones that like most immersion. And indeed it is their right to do it so, they after all pay for the server.

I am just hoping that we will see some server with PR type gameplay and settings. I suppose i am alone with my opinion here...

Don't get me wrong, I like coop :) I play DayZ all the time... but when it comes to WW2 game like Ironfront, I am hoping the gameplay would be immersive and larger scale, a bit like RO1 upgraded but even larger and more immersive (cos RO2 failed miserably).

Indeed server owners will most likely run their servers with the lowest common nominator, alas all the GPS, crosshairs and whatnot enabled. I suppose they don't want to limit their possible player base to the ones that like most immersion. And indeed it is their right to do it so, they after all pay for the server.

I am just hoping that we will see some server with PR type gameplay and settings. I suppose i am alone with my opinion here...

Nope, I would like to play on servers with the hardest difficulty settings on (I do in A2, and dislike servers that don't, but I can put up with them as lnog as they don't have crosshairs on). I think a few others in this thread would probably agree with me as well.

It's looking rather good I think and the price is very reasonable.

I'm getting it for sure.

Fingers crossed for some epic Tank Battles.

Did someone played Theatre of War 2: Kursk ? This game looks exactly like that but in fps mode and better graphics. :yay:

It's looking rather good I think and the price is very reasonable.

I'm getting it for sure.

Fingers crossed for some epic Tank Battles.

I ensure you, the tank battles are really epic, by my opinion. I play with tanks every day, and never got bored yet, although I am developer.