Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Just Curious About Something Silly

Why does ArmA 2 show up twice in "expansions" but then only once on the right side of my screen in the main menu?

Capture.jpg?t=1304428234

Do you have an arma2 folder inside the main arm2 directory?

same place you have your mods?

It happens the same to me, no other add-ons installed, just ArmA 2 and OA from Steam

If it dont effect your game as makes it not playable then i wouldn't worry about it.

Sometimes, my user campaigns list gets doubled-up (each campaign shows up twice). To fix this, I

- shut down Arma2

- rename the Campaigns folder temp-Campaigns

- create a file called Campaigns

- Start Arma2

- Check that only official campaigns appear

- shut down Arma2

- delete the empty Campaigns folder

- rename temp-Campaigns back to Campaigns

- Start Arma2, and all my Campaigns are listed only once again

I have the same when launching mods through alpinestars... its nothing to worry about...

Sometimes, my user campaigns list gets doubled-up (each campaign shows up twice). To fix this, I

- shut down Arma2

- rename the Campaigns folder temp-Campaigns

- create a file called Campaigns

- Start Arma2

- Check that only official campaigns appear

- shut down Arma2

- delete the empty Campaigns folder

- rename temp-Campaigns back to Campaigns

- Start Arma2, and all my Campaigns are listed only once again

That doesn't seem necessary to me. Why wouldn't you just leave it? It doesn't seem to effect anything I wouldn't think.

That doesn't seem necessary to me. Why wouldn't you just leave it? It doesn't seem to effect anything I wouldn't think.

I have about user 20 Campaigns which I like to play periodically, it is pretty annoying to have to scroll down all those multiple items. Its only happened 2 or 3 times in the last 6 or 7 months. It may have something to do with the number of files I have in my Missions, MPMissions and Campaign folders - over 500 in total. I'm a Mission hoarder!

could you please recommend the best of those campaigns and missions?

I have about user 20 Campaigns which I like to play periodically, it is pretty annoying to have to scroll down all those multiple items. Its only happened 2 or 3 times in the last 6 or 7 months. It may have something to do with the number of files I have in my Missions, MPMissions and Campaign folders - over 500 in total. I'm a Mission hoarder!

That makes sense then. I didn't realize there were so many campaigns made for this game.

I get the same, but I don't have that much Missions and Campaigns

I got 50 campaigns

and ~500 sp\coop

missions and dont have this problem . In missions folder i make missionpack1, missionpack2 etc folder and put ther ~30-50 missions

It happens to me as well, I do actually know Dwarden did make a post in a topic where the issue was fixed. I tried to search it a while back but could not find it.

Anyone with enough free time could see if he can find that specific thread and share it with us :)

Combining Arma 2 with OA gave me the same symptom, and also wondered about this, anyways I was told not to worry about it... "it's not broken, don't fix it"(I love that quote).

I suspect (this is a wild guess) some of these entries are hardcoded in the exe, and if proper recognition of the mod occurs (in this case the actual vanilla Arma 2) they don't duplicate, otherwise they do despite of having no undesired consequence. In fact the exe should be able to find duplicates of pbos after going through the directory tree in this specific scenarion, hence the duplicate entries... I really don't know, and don't worry about, having no trouble joining servers depending on required mods.