Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

And the end to one of the best/most popular topics on the forum. Shame it had to end with bickering and whining.

The ARG was excellent, thanks BIS!

Why is anyone doubting ArmA 3??? It will obviously be amazing

True i only hope im able to upgrade, but i'm not planning to upgrade my rig to soon. I think i better wait before the actual release date and upgrade like 1 and a have mont before. Otherwise my rig will already be out dated again when A3 comes out :D

I know what takistan looks like, I play MP on it every week, multiple times a week. Yes the screens look similar but the island on the shots is not on Takistan. Sorry :)

True, maybe if they looked past the foreground and past the Comanche they could see the windfarm in the background, not seen many of those in Takistan.

The ARG was excellent, thanks BIS!

Most definately, thanks BIS, you guys are bloody legen-

...wait for it...

-DARY!

However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

I'm sure my fears will be unfounded but please don't tell me this means COD like Lone Wolf aspects of the game...

DUDE he is in a guile suite with a snpz0r rif3el and upber cool roxxor t3hrmal vis0n guggelz.

No of corse not! He will sneak on the belly 5 hours long to move 500 meters to evade search party's of the enemy, marking enemy strong points and def positions so high alt bombers and cruise missiles strike the target that you wont see because you moved 5 days long to the next spot, and if you use only one time your weapon your have lost the campaign because the russkis chinis Iranians did find you.

Tzzzz do you really think ppl buy BI games because they think they are real and challenging?

No Snipz0r lone wolf th3rmal, no sells.

Yep, it'll be lone wolf to start with. No need to bring CoD into the equation.

I know what takistan looks like, I play MP on it every week, multiple times a week. Yes the screens look similar but the island on the shots is not on Takistan. Sorry :)

Okay, I see what youre saying. Just especially the elevation, roads, and vegetation looked like that of Takistan.

Okay, I see what youre saying. Just especially the elevation, roads, and vegetation looked like that of Takistan.

Err... we all know it's based on the Greek island of Lemnos, right?

This last semester will be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG for sure.

Waiting til 2012...

The campaign sounds awesome. I remember that one mission in opf when you were alone in the forest, that was uber, uber epic.

So where does this put upcoming A2 mods in the scheme of things?

Funnily enough the storylines I've read so far remind me so much of Flashpoint (ours not some derpy shit using the name) & Resistance type storylines it almost gave me goosebumps!

True, that is a reassurance. Hopefully it will be like the James Gastovski missions in OFP (the real one) where you crawl through hedges terrified of being found by Ruskie patrol and feeling your world has come to an end when a tank appears.

Not thinking: "Oh no, a tank, hope I have enough grenades!"

That was about time to use min DirectX 10 and Physx :)

and finally we can kill the AA bug aka White lines :P

Err... we all know it's based on the Greek island of Lemnos, right?

Yeah. It's just that the screenshot I was talking about looks similar to Takistan, closer to it than to pictures of Lemnos. That's all. I was mistaken.

Oh you sure did! But you still gotta wait till 2012 like the rest of us.

i made a small video and collected the available screens

but nothing new

i think a small teaser is not too far away

and at the E3 we will get a lot more infos

Oh man, is there a trailer or something?

The ArmA 3 Channel recently became active on YouTube so hopefully we'll see a trailer or teaser soon.

To sum up people reaction towards ArmA3, I have created this.

Why does it look like there is a Comanche?

Weren't those cancelled back in 2004?

Why does it look like there is a Comanche?

Weren't those cancelled back in 2004?

Darn ur right, turns out Chernarus is also not a real country and russian soldiers dont use AK107 by default! FUUUUUUUUU....

However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

I'm sure my fears will be unfounded but please don't tell me this means COD like Lone Wolf aspects of the game...

Sounds like Operation Flashpoint... Hardly No Resources at Disposale Fighting with the people to survive.. :yay: