Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Getting ai squad mates to fire mortars

I'm trying to command ai squad mates in a mortar to "fire at position". But for some reason I can't get them to fire more than eight shots. after that they say "cannot execute, adjust coordinates." They have more than enough ammunition. Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? thanks in advance.

So mortars only fire 8 shots and then they are useless? Is there any way to reload them. And why is it that I can shoot more than eight shots of when I'm firing the mortar myself? Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Perhaps try putting an ammo truck next to them or an ammo crate. I'm not sure which is required.

Put a US Vehicle Ammo crate next to them. This supplies all static weapons.

Wish they can fire positions and support ammos like what the game blitzkrieg does.

I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one, there's no way I can make a mortar reload after firing its 8 shots despite placing ammo crates and trucks near it, there don't seem to be any extra rounds in any of them.

PS Coulum asked- "why is it that I can shoot more than eight shots of when I'm firing the mortar myself?"

Firstly, why would you want to fire it yourself, it can't be aimed because all you see are crosshairs pointing at the sky?

I tried it just for the record and I still only got 8 shots.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

you can aim it with the artillery computer....

you can aim it with the artillery computer....

Too complicated for me, I only play AA2 at the most simple basic caveman level because life's so much simpler that way..:)

Too complicated for me, I only play AA2 at the most simple basic caveman level because life's so much simpler that way..:)

The "Artillery Computer" is actually just a map where you click what you want blown up.

....is actually just a map where you click what you want blown up.

The quote of the week !

-

I tried using addmagazine in the mortar init to give it more rounds. This allows me to fire more than 8 shots when I'm operating it but the ai still doesn't't seem to shoot more than eight. O'well, guess I'll have to make my shots count.

You could just put down a whole bunch of mortars and have the whole battery fire 1 round per mission.

My 'Truck Shoot' singleplayer mission acts as a small fun mortar tutorial if anybody wants to check it out, you get 3 mortars (total 24 shots) in your rear area and must drive down the road to spot for them and call in bombardments on a big juicy truck park-

TRUCK SHOOT- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?5618-PoorOldSpike-Truck-Shoot

If you park an ammo truck really close to it, it should keep auto reload by itself. At least for as much ammo that the truck carries. That's how I use the m252 in warfare games.

Edited by Perineum

The quote of the week !

-

2x (minimum letters required)

Wow this is funny, its simply place a US Ammo truck near the mortar after you have fired your 8 shots from the arty computer disembark the mortar and as long as the truck is close enough you should see a reload rounds in the scroll menu. Very simple stuff...

AddMagazine works for me? You have to use the correct magazine though - search my posts on the Editing Section. I have a Radio trigger option that spawns a mortar within 10m of you, command the AI to get in it and select targets when they appear on the map. Command your AI to fire at target:

Put this in the on act of the radio trigger.

mortar1 = createVehicle ["M252_US_EP1", position player, [], 10, "NONE"];

{mortar1 addmagazine "8Rnd_81mmHE_M252"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8];