Sign in to follow this  
domokun

More dynamic, co-op?

Our small (3-6) team really enjoys Insurgency because it offers dynamic co-op.

So we were wondering if someone could recommend dynamic missions in co-op? Particularly if they're BAF flavoured

As a starter, I'd shortlisted the following coop missions because they're either good/popular and don't require addons. Are any of them dynamic?

A2 COOP

CO08 Terror from the Seas

CO12 Eve of Destruction

CO13 Red Mercury

CO14 Hunt Waldo

CO10 Cipher

CO10 Insurgent Airfield

CO04 Airport Sabotage

CO06 Behind Enemy Lines

CO COOP

CO06 Operation Falcon

CO10 Garden of Eden

CO06 Call to Glory

CO06 Cat and Mouse

CO08 =RTY= Immediate Action

CO08 =RTY= Delta Force 2

CO10 =RTY= Martyrs Brigade

CO10 Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

CO04 Hornet's Nest

CO04 Just a patrol

CO04 Attack The Outpost!

[CAMP] Delta Force 1 (CO12, CO12, CO12, CO12, CO08, CO04 + req Lingor island & units)

[CAMP] Ghost Recon - Island Thunder (CO07, 8 missions + req Lingor island & units)

[CAMP] Operation Dutch (CO02, 5 missions)

BAF COOP

CO20 Takistan Force

CO10 Sharpur Push

CO12 Coastal Raid

CO23 Cor Blimey

CO04 A Day In The Life

CO07 Battle of Zargabad

CO05 =RTY= BAF Commandos (req Lingor island & units)

Edited by domokun
typos

That my Battle of Zargabad have some randomness at least . Location from where enemy groups come are picked randomly usually from 1-7 positions. The enemy unit/vehicle classes are random. Houses that enemy soldiers use are also random. Few target spawn positions are also random. So its slightly a dynamic/random mission. Not as much as Cipher, but little. :)

Tasks spawn on fly so they are basically dynamic, but they come always in same order and to same places.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13571

Edited by SaOk

jonneymendoza: most, if not all of those missions, are available from Armaholic or other such sites (Armed Assault). If not, I'll zip em, upload and flick on the URL

SaOk: good to hear it because I gave it a try and it was very intense! Plus I've read so much good feedback on your missions :o

Thanks. would be grateful if you can zip them for me.

Are they good coop missions for around 5-20 people playing online?

I'd appreciate an upload of all these scenarios - love playing coop @ dynamic missions.

Takistan/Chernarus Force is a GREAT coop mission which is completely dynamic. It's on all three major maps as well. It's one of the easiest missions I know to add content to and modify to your own tastes. It supports A2 (I think), CO, OA, and ACE2. There are also BAF versions where you have BAF gear, troops, and vehicles.

LINK TO MISSION

If you want my custom version of the mission please let me know. Lots of stuff added. :)

jonneymendoza: np, you'll find these coop missions and dozens of others via my site here (32M)

For missions suited to 5-20p simply look at the name of the mission. If it has been named accordingly to the community's accepted syntax the number of maximum number of players that it supports is indicated in the name, e.g. CO16 Insurgency that the game is CO-OP and supports up to 16 players. Obviously the closer you are to the maximum number the more likely you are to enjoy the mission, i.e. 2p playing CO23 Cor Blimey are likely to have a hard time

Velocity: np mate those missions are available here but bear in mind that I don't know how many of them are dynamic. From what I've seen and what others have said, only a small minority are dynamic, e.g. CO16 Insurgency, CO07 Battle of Zargabad, CO20 Takistan Force, CO10 Cipher, CO10 Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

JuggernautOfWar: I'm very interested in your custom version of Takistan/Chernarus Force, particularly if you've been tweaking the BAF versions. Mind sending me a copy of you work?

Great idea domokun,

This is the kinda of thing I like Compiling ;)

What would make this list ausome is if you had tested each mission to know which ones were dynamic excluding the

ones already known and then link each mission for download, it would cut down the search time for folks wanting them.

I'd be up for the task.

Tupolov: thx for that but how exactly does MSO work? Is it a framework for mission designers? If so, does it simply (not derogatory) allow missions to be persistent, i.e. players can pick up where they left off? (syncronisation of weather/units/player state/civilians, etc.) Or is there more to it?

Dude,

Its a completely live map.

You have enemy population on map, convoys, terrorists, ambushes etc

Grab some friends and go on patrol, you will some find plenty of action.

MSO is a tool to create dynamic missions. You need to search for or download MSO missions.

Infact, can anyone recomend me a good MSO mission that can be played with a relatively small group of people on a game server hosted on my pc?

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

jonneymendoza: np, you'll find these coop missions and dozens of others via my site here (32M)

For missions suited to 5-20p simply look at the name of the mission. If it has been named accordingly to the community's accepted syntax the number of maximum number of players that it supports is indicated in the name, e.g. CO16 Insurgency that the game is CO-OP and supports up to 16 players. Obviously the closer you are to the maximum number the more likely you are to enjoy the mission, i.e. 2p playing CO23 Cor Blimey are likely to have a hard time

Velocity: np mate those missions are available here but bear in mind that I don't know how many of them are dynamic. From what I've seen and what others have said, only a small minority are dynamic, e.g. CO16 Insurgency, CO07 Battle of Zargabad, CO20 Takistan Force, CO10 Cipher, CO10 Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

JuggernautOfWar: I'm very interested in your custom version of Takistan/Chernarus Force, particularly if you've been tweaking the BAF versions. Mind sending me a copy of you work?

cheers pal i quite like the insurgancy coop missions. they really are dynamic and work great with just 4 people

Np mate. The great thing about Insurgency is that since the latest version the code has cleaned-up so its MUCH easier to edit the mission to fit your style.

We too have a very small clan (3-6p) so we immediately reduced the number of caches from 11(?) to 2. That allows us a fair chance of completing the mission within our weekly 2-hour slot. Last week for example was the first time ever that we actually got all (both) weapon caches!