Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

Fix fuzzy grass and trees with AtoC?

After this patch I realized that the grass looks fuzzy and trees from a certain distance look like a there's a webbing on it (can't really explan the look). I heard to fix this is to turn off AtoC. Now where do I find this AtoC option? In the directory? Also does anyone else have this problem and did it work for you?

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Also I play on combined ops so would I change AtoC for both A2 and OA or just one of them?

Ive got the same problem... they looked webbed and out of context since later versions.

Id be happy to know of a fix too if there is one?

In Windows 7 the directory you will find the config file is:

"C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\ArmA 2"

Look for "ArmA2OA.cfg" aand open it with notepad. Change "AToC=7;" to "AToC=0;"

I have no idea what the other switches do ie: AToC settings 1-6...

it's described in the BIKI page about config (above languages) which ^ posted PVPscene

unfortunately AToC on some cards may look worse than on others

that's why there is really lot of options (next to disabling it)

If I may, this AToC option seems to generating an awful lot of questions.

I'm not saying that it is bad per se, just that its implementation leaves a little to be desired.

IMHO these 2 suggestions would go a LONG way to reducing such queries

a) Leave AToC disabled by default

b) Add an option to enable/disable AToC in the Video Settings menu (I know where & how to edit it but most users don't)

What about white spots on trees that blink on off in different locations?

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS.

What about white spots on trees that blink on off in different locations?

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS.

This problem, for me, appeared before the patch that contained ATOC. Maybe in november 2010 if I well remember.

I am using AMD HD5850 and "white sparkles" in trees keep disturbing me whatever 3D driver version I use...:(

I too have been getting white speckles, only on OA Takistan though (Chernarus is fine), for as long as I can remember with Operation Arrowhead. I'm guessing its a error with some of the foliage models.

It appears with any level of AA I select and the only way to "fix" it is turn on Super Sampling, which is not an option due to the FPS hit that cause's.

I can no-longer stand it and have switched AA off and increased my Render Resolution by one level to help with the "jaggies".

I would really like to use AA again so I hope it can be fixed, although I'm not holding my breath at this stage.

Here is the Dev-heaven bug report if your interested:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668

I too have been getting white speckles, only on OA Takistan though (Chernarus is fine), for as long as I can remember with Operation Arrowhead. I'm guessing its a error with some of the foliage models.http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668

In my case, it happens on every map and the most noticeable is on pine trees in Chernarus (which are dark trees and the white dots are then more distinct).

Here is the Dev-heaven bug report if your interested:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668

Thanks, already voted.