Suggestion

What is your opinion?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• Yes, I agree, ideas are good
    • This is rubbish !
    • Ehrm, I dont know...

Hello,

I got a small (or perhaps big) suggestions here. Its only my idea or opinion, so I can directly say, there is no need for negative argue (swearing or such...)

Mainly, I wonder if you guys at Bohemia could make it possible to play "Chernarus" map for standalone ArmA:OA players and "Takistan" map for the players that play ArmA:2 (That means, neither CO or OA). My idea is mainly that you could sell the maps for players that have standalone ArmA:OA, if they want they can buy Chernarus, and at the same the players that have normal ArmA:2 could buy the Takistan map. (Ofcourse you could than sell Zagrabad, Sharpur or even prooving grounds).

Second suggestion,

I wonder if Bohemia could perhaps (as support for the comunity) organize different events or battles (missions, or team based games, tournaments) Where there would be several BLUFOR, OPFOR units to suscribe and than join the battles, (for exaple at the weekend evenings etc, etc.) with different prizes, for example weapons pack (totally new weapons or veichles unlocked) for the winning team or for the players that had best survive ratio. That would make comunity more social and perhaps proove the lack of teamwork and teamplay in the comunity (atleast as I felt it off).

That was my suggestions, feel free to add constructive comment !

So to sum it up, you're suggesting:

1: Maps should be sold individually.

2: Community events to be organized by BIS.

Right?

1: I think it's possible to find the games cheap enough now so that purchasing them simply for the maps represents good value for money still. Plus look at all the free stuff you get with it :D

However, I would pay money for a Sahrani ArmA2 release.

2: I'm pretty ambivalent on the subject of BIS organised events. It might be nice for them to try one out as an experiment, even if it's only a very small one suitable for people who just bought the game, and have that server hard-wired into the browser.

Edited by DMarkwick

1. why would BIS sell maps separately from their products? I really see no advantage since most servers are running CO and missions that use content from both games. SO the segregation between people with only one product and ones with the CO will still be there..

2. BIS involvement in the way their game is played has been minimal. I personally would like it to stay that way. There are many communities, there is plenty of tournaments with different scopes, from PvP to huge TvT to coop campaign. What would be the advantage for BIS or the community of their direct involvement? I really fail to see such a move beneficial for either. Just because there is lack of teamplay on most public servers doesn't mean this game is played exclusively that way. Remember that public servers are only part of the MP experience (there are plenty of private or hidden servers out there)

3. I believe the suggestion about maps beeing sold individually has to do with the segregation between A2 players, OA players and the majority with both. Well, any prize in form of game content given to a single player, or a even a limited group of players wouldn't just accentuate this? I mean what is the point of having some leet content BIS provied if i am the ONLY one with it?

1. Don't be a tightass :D. OA / A2 / BAF / PMC are tremendous value for money. BIS has already offered a great deal with the "lite" versions of their DLC (I couldn't envision any other studio being so generous with free content / missions). I see no reason why they should to go to the trouble of selling maps individually.

2. I like the idea of BIS sponsored-tournaments. A regional warfare tournament would be great. However, the big problem would be with convincing people to compete in un-modded vanilla missions, as most serious clans are used to playing heavily modified versions of Vanilla (such as ACE etc)

In short; would be awesome but very difficult to pull off. If I were them I would use a tournament as a marketing instrument to promote the release of new DLC (hint hint)

Edited by MartyC

Chernarus and Takistan are useless without their respective units that come with their respective games.

While I'm not against official or semiofficial competitions, giving out vehicles and weapons that nobody else can use as prizes is detrimental, not to mention nearly impossible to implement, to the open-ended concept of this game.

It would be awesome, if BIS would add Chernarus map and units at free patch (with low detailed textures of course).

But i already know that it is impossible, and no sense, cause it cheaper to buy original game. Dont know why i just writing it. lol

So to sum it up, you're suggesting:

1: Maps should be sold individually.

2: Community events to be organized by BIS.

Right?

haha, nice.

then you should add:

"3. BIS developers should had enough free time to play with consumers in Arma2 online ;)"

Forum Rules:

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.