Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 79321

@Warpo

ArmA II is not like other games, it stresses the CPU more than the average game out there and it will eat all CPU power it can get while your GPU cools down due to boredeom.

This is a typical simulation game behaviour because there are calculations done for things you do not even see on screen. Playing suchs games on notebooks is a no go, you wil kill it sooner or later.

Sorry, now I try to write in English.

Yes, exactly.

I have a laptop high performance, but it warms up. In Arma 2 fps decreases. While in other games then my fps does not drop.

Grab a cooling pad, it is way cheaper buying a whole desktop. I have a 220 fan zalman pad which does wonders.

Also, if you haven a monitor, i suggest you plug your laptop into that, as well as a mouse and keyboard, and use the laptop with the lid closed, that would bring your temp down even more.

Last but not least, all laptops need to be cleaned regularly (just like PCs), as a think dust film forms around and between the fan and the outer copper plate(and since the airflow for most laptops is relatively poor since thre is just one air output and one input). You'll be amazed what you'll find there ;)

Come on BIS, time to release 1.59 final, wanna play online again :p

Thank you all for your answers.;)

I have a Cooling pad. So still thoroughly cleaned my notebook. :)

ArmA II is not like other games, it stresses the CPU more than the average game out there and it will eat all CPU power it can get while your GPU cools down due to boredeom.

if you ask my gtx260 it will give you 4 reasons why its not realy bored: AA, PPE, leafy trees&bushes and grasslayer :D

I think that now only the AI squad leader reports back to the player enemy positions and his status etc as of about 5 or 6 beta patches ago if I remember correctly.

Edit: I found the extract in the beta patch changelog. So that probably doesnt explain why you are getting less feedback does it?

Thanks

Frosty

And that is great .... but when I am leader of a group I DO want to hear then they spot an enemy

Come on BIS, time to release 1.59 final, wanna play online again :p

After the release I don't want to see any AI requests/features or improvements for the upcoming 4 patches.. I hope bis picks up some pvp related cit tickets :).

Anyway great work BIS!! You guys are really doing a great job! :yay:

@Warpo

That's why there's more than enough power and opportunity in GPU's right now to get OpenCL accelareted physics by GPU. And we won't need massive shader power for this. A discrete card has more than enough power for OpenCL. So a gaming GPU can do your graphics and accelerate your physics.

Yeah i hate watching choppers falling to the ground and bouncing without crashing. And this is just a small example in a massive world of things like this in Arma 2. Immersion goes down like hell!