Sign in to follow this  
kotov12345

new warfare island

Playing warfare/cti games last 10 years I think we need new island or islands to play good games.

This is basic requirements:

1.need to be big and equal from 4 sides.Should be side should have own airstrip and some kind of big base area as we have at west of sahrani in arma.

2.shouldn't have area where AI cant go.Try to send ai from 1 point to another in takistan. Ai stack in rocks.Tanks stack etc.Ai should be useful anywhere in island.

3.Shouldn't have a lot of structures as in chernorus and all players should have good performance on it. Most structures need to be destroyable.

4.Shouldn't have big hill/mountains and big open areas and big forests .Maximum direct view is preferable around 1-2km.

5.Should have a lot of craters with diameter max 2 km which can be used to build bases inside or hide or use for unexpected attack.

any recommendations are welcome. I can donate something if anyone will do it.Unfortunately I tried to start do it myself but cant really due to personal reasons.

Now a map like that would be boring as hell... Allmost all flat, small amount of structures... Where the heck do you plan on fighting? Surelly something where infantry vs vehicles is nearly inpossible, because vehicles can just slaughte the infantry on open ground, because the map can't have rocks as you say... I'd like an example here

1. big is ok the rest is just boring and too predictable

2. areas where the player and the AI have limited access are always nice for battles

3. depends on what the island maker/designer want to make, just desert or Utes would be boring

4. see 1. and limiting the whole game down to 1-2km is not so great

5. you playing A2OA right?

yes a2oa - if you think that you can play chernarus until your death just play it lol.

I'm not talking about view distance setting in game.

boring when send 5 ai tanks to go with you and they stack in rocks -

so 4 airstrips predictable and boring - bot current 2 in takistan not predictable and ok yes ?

Please BIS, stop working on DLC ect...

And work on a OA Sharani...It's better !

My massacra project map is all that kotov12345 is talking about. Except that is for 3 sides max, I guess. ETA: still a month or so away.

Maybe you just need a better PC.

I wish all students have same pc as mine :)

I wish all students have same pc as mine :)

As a student myself, i wish a PC like mine upon you. Chernarus runs fine on high settings. :D

My massacra project map is all that kotov12345 is talking about. Except that is for 3 sides max, I guess. ETA: still a month or so away.

Please be not serious :eek: Because the map he is suggesting sounds as bland as proving grounds was.

Seriously, how is any real fighting going to take place when a tank from 2km away can destroy the other tank from 2km away (yes this is possible). How is infantry going to stand a chance against air attacks?

As a student myself, i wish a PC like mine upon you. Chernarus runs fine on high settings. :D

That's not saying much. The computer which I built in January 2009 for $700 dollars ran Chernarus on high (not ultra) settings and 1920x1080. It took some tuning, but it was indeed playable at 25-40 FPS most of the time. Unfortunately its graphics card met its maker. My fault, and no, it wasn't OC'ed. My computer got knocked about when I was moving and somehow the GPU got damaged but not the HDD.

That was a HD5770. Now I have a GTX460.

I don't know what OP's problem is, the current maps are fine. And we already have Sahrani for ArmA2, look up the CAA1 project.

Is there a Warfare map for CAA1 Sahrani?

Edited by RangerPL

How is infantry going to stand a chance against air attacks?

What kind of problem ? BIS removed infantry air autolock long time ago.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Now I have a GTX460.

you so cool man my win 3.1 with 128mb ram play arma2 fine.

It is tread about isloand will run smooth on any gaming pc and usable for warfare.Not usable for caaa1 or other project.Is sound clear ?

Please be not serious :eek: Because the map he is suggesting sounds as bland as proving grounds was.

Seriously, how is any real fighting going to take place when a tank from 2km away can destroy the other tank from 2km away (yes this is possible). How is infantry going to stand a chance against air attacks?

Did I say it will be an open desert? Nope, many places for AI and humans to hide behind :)

you so cool man my win 3.1 with 128mb ram play arma2 fine.

It is tread about isloand will run smooth on any gaming pc and usable for warfare.Not usable for caaa1 or other project.Is sound clear ?

My point's that if I can run Chernarus (the most demanding island) on high with a $700 computer, there's no reason you can't run it with a slower machine at lower settings.

And if you can't even run add-on islands on medium settings (Sahrani runs 50 FPS at 9000m viewdistance and max detail for me), you need a new PC, not new islands.

My point's that if I can run Chernarus (the most demanding island) on high with a $700 computer, there's no reason you can't run it with a slower machine at lower settings.

And if you can't even run add-on islands on medium settings (Sahrani runs 50 FPS at 9000m viewdistance and max detail for me), you need a new PC, not new islands.

have you read post ?

if you have problem with performance or want to tell other people how good your computer - create another thread.

I want new island not because pc works slow or faster - because it is not suitable for particular maps.

I'm not gonna argue with you.Put 200 units on chernarus run server and see what happens when 120 players connects.

have you read post ?

if you have problem with performance or want to tell other people how good your computer - create another thread.

I want new island not because pc works slow or faster - because it is not suitable for particular maps.

I'm not gonna argue with you.Put 200 units on chernarus run server and see what happens when 120 players connects.

I'm pretty sure they do that now... you need a dedicated server for that kind of stuff, a standard PC is unable to cope with running the AI, rendering the game and controlling the game world all on its own.

Oh, and a new island won't change that. Chernarus can be slow because of all the trees (and all the damn grass) that are on it. That's something handled by the GPU, the GPU renders all the grass and the trees in the entire 3D world. What you're talking about (200 units, 120 players) is a CPU matter. A new island won't help because your CPU STILL HAS TO CONTROL 200 AIs and MANAGE 120 PLAYERS.

Again, when islands lag it's because of graphics. I could be running a flat desert map and if I put 200 AIs and 100 player on it, I will lag.

And sure, maybe AI does run into rocks and stuff, but if you wanted a completely AI-proof map, you'd have to make a flat desert.

Playing warfare/cti games last 10 years I think we need new island or islands to play good games.

This is basic requirements:

1.need to be big and equal from 4 sides.Should be side should have own airstrip and some kind of big base area as we have at west of sahrani in arma.

2.shouldn't have area where AI cant go.Try to send ai from 1 point to another in takistan. Ai stack in rocks.Tanks stack etc.Ai should be useful anywhere in island.

3.Shouldn't have a lot of structures as in chernorus and all players should have good performance on it. Most structures need to be destroyable.

4.Shouldn't have big hill/mountains and big open areas and big forests .Maximum direct view is preferable around 1-2km.

5.Should have a lot of craters with diameter max 2 km which can be used to build bases inside or hide or use for unexpected attack.

any recommendations are welcome. I can donate something if anyone will do it.Unfortunately I tried to start do it myself but cant really due to personal reasons.

Hmm. Let me put this together.

<sarcasm>

#1: A four sided arena. There's totally something wrong with this.

#2: No natural obstacles! Removed.

#3: No buildings or houses. Yeah! No humans ever lived here! That's exactly a reason to fight!

#4: No hills or mountains. Good, us gamers are all to fat to climb anyway.

#5: Craters. Removed.

</sarcasm>

Edit: I could have offended some people with sarcastic remarks 2 and 5, so I'll just get rid of those now.

Edited by DZGuymed

Well, kotov's idea is practically "give us something smaller to wage a private war on" and one such island in A1 comes to my mind: Yanutha. Or maybe even a IC pack: here. Alameda is one of the best islands for Arma1 featuring such an "arena" with airports on each side. And that is what we're missing in A2.