Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

Ace release updates every friday.

I ran this new version of the mission all be it on a hosted machine and it started fine mate.

I did update my ACE version to the latest version that was released at 6:00 GMT today

Ah ok. Well I'm trying to sort it out now, just having issues opening it in the editor as it seems to think I don't have the undead mod (But, I do.).

Had the issue yesterday so, redownloading the undead mod.

Should be up in a bit, some folks are gathering on TS. Don't know how long for sure, though.

Maybe you didn't put the Undead mod inside the addons folder? I did this mistake before when I've downloaded the Undead mod, I just put it in @Degen/Addons folder.

Naw, I did. It's fixed now, by downloading it again.

Just going to update the mission on the server. Apparently he's having a couple more issues. Typical to get issues for the first time in a long while, when wanting to get this going, eh? lol.

Heh. Will be waiting for it.

EDIT: Sorry I won't be able to get on TS, I don't have the program due to it being blocked in this country. (Yeah.. It's stupid, I know)

EDIT2: Might go to sleep soon. I'll just join in tomorrow if the server isn't up.

Edited by -=Grunt=-

That's cool, tomorrow would be best, I'll try to set a time here for folks to try and be on, well after everythings set up and working, so people arn't waiting like now.

I just want everyone to know I've heard the complaints. I did not have time to test the mission properly, I just looked at the code and figured it worked. I found some bugs with the Undead Mod spawning module so I have set up my own spawning system. Should fix a lot.

Alrighty.

Once our server's ironed out, I'll put up whatever the latest version is by then. Hopefully we'll be able to play tomorrow night if everything works out either side by then.

Sorry about the false hope guys, and making y'all wait also. A few kinks and issues stopped us from being able to run the mission today.

Alrighty.

Once our server's ironed out, I'll put up whatever the latest version is by then. Hopefully we'll be able to play tomorrow night if everything works out either side by then.

Sorry about the false hope guys, and making y'all wait also. A few kinks and issues stopped us from being able to run the mission today.

Don't feel bad! Better to get it all running good!

EDIT: Well thanks to testers I've found the problem... The reason why things are differing so much from my experiences and the online communities experiences is because there seems to be a bug with MP. Single Player and the zombies work fine. But with MP the zombies seem to stop spawning after awhile, it might be a Chn_Undead_Control PBO issue so I'm going to try to make a watered down client version of the normal PBO in hopes to fix it.

Edited by Genesis92x

genesis, in order to better test the mp functionality, you can use the arma2oaserver.exe to host a 'dedicated' server from your computer, then join it with your client. Your scripts will then act as they would in mp.

JIP is a muther fuckr from an editing standpoint. :banghead:

I had to set it up yesterday in order to play, so I have the cfgs necessary.

this link was helpful to me ;)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

for arma2oa make sure your reporting ip info is

reportingIP="arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

let me know if my server rpt file after playing version 2.15 is of any use..

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1863646']genesis' date=' in order to better test the mp functionality, you can use the arma2oaserver.exe to host a 'dedicated' server from your computer, then join it with your client. Your scripts will then act as they would in mp.

JIP is a muther fuckr from an editing standpoint. :banghead:

I had to set it up yesterday in order to play, so I have the cfgs necessary.

this link was helpful to me ;)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

for arma2oa make sure your reporting ip info is

reportingIP="arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

let me know if my server rpt file after playing version 2.15 is of any use..

That's a good idea! I am going to do that!

Good news! I fixed up a few issues with the Undead Mod! You still need a Client and a Host version but I will have to reupload both...so don't forget to re-download it once I post again! I apoligize for any inconvienance. This also fixed the no zombies bug in my mission! So I will post the links tomorrow as I am tired and they will take awhile to upload anyways...

Edited by Genesis92x

May I ask if it's going to be a big 370 MB download again? :P

Yes ^_^ It will be the massive downloads again. This is the last time you will need to download the Undead Mod, as I will not be doing anything to it from here on out to respect Charon.

Host Version

Client Version

Degeneration is getting better, I'm doing some college work right now so I will upload the new version once I'm done.

Edit: For those who care, I've done a lot of re-workin and changing. The host lag has been reduced significantly (For me at least) and the zombies should be a lot more...zombie like. I was having a bug were the zombies would just run in circles. It was driving me nuts!

Heres the new Degeneration, this should include a lot more zombies and a lot less stress/lag. Undead Attack towns and Code Red towns (As long as there is not any humans) will spawn zombies upon player arrival.

Edited by Genesis92x

Sounds good. Can't wait for the new version.

EDIT: Is it possible to have an in-mission terrain grid and view distance setting? Like in Warfare BE and other missions.

I can't wait for this either!

I like the little tidbits of the story that you scattered around the map by the way, adds a nice dose of background info.

Keep it up!

My Degeneration won't load for some reason. It gets to about 1/8th of the bar then it just stopd loading and freezes. I have looked for hours for a possible solution could somebody help?

Go into Editor, pick Takistan and put down a random unit, enter the game and wait for it to load before exiting and going back into the Degeneration mission. It's a odd process but it works. Usually takes 2-3 mins to load then.

Go into Editor, pick Takistan and put down a random unit, enter the game and wait for it to load before exiting and going back into the Degeneration mission. It's a odd process but it works. Usually takes 2-3 mins to load then.

:rolleyes:

-world=Takistan

typing this in the target line of arma2oa shortcut achieves the same thing, only faster. :moto:

It worked once, now it loads about halfway then stops and freezes. Any other tricks I can try?

Nevermind it works. Just takes 10 minutes to load. :/

Edited by Q-bert505
Found solution.

I can't find the Degen download, where might I download this mod?

also, does this mod use Zombies (Slow) or Infected (Fast)?

Edited by That guy Over there

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20051998/DegenerationV220.zip

That's the mission, sorry for the wait guys. Fixed a major chunk of host lag, hopefully this runs better on dedicated and what-not. Should be a lot more zombies to shoot as well. More weapons. More explosives. Should be up-to-date with ACE now. (I took down the old version because ACE updated the day I released it!)

Edited by Genesis92x

I won't be able to try this out until tomorrow afternoon, but the anticipation should get me through the day. :) Good work on the fixes!

Thanks I will get this new version on me server so me,grunt and me bro can give it a blast later.