Sign in to follow this  
robbie84

PMC P-1.57 Extra Missions

I am currently having some troubles with some stuff, but I am curious what this means:

We are pleased to announce the release of new update to improve Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead's gaming-experience and deliver an early gift to all A2:PMC fans - 4 extra singleplayer missions!

4 Scenarios or 4 something else? I didn't see any additional Scenarios so I was wondering what that is.

Thanks.

I actually think i completely missed that, thanks for finding a way to spend my afternoon. :D

Just to Reinforce the point, from the Press Release:

• Infiltration: Sneak under the cover of darkness to destroy a rocket artillery test site.
  • Reaction: Battle through the mist to recover missing clients.
  • Provision: Take to the air to deliver a crucial cargo drop for UN troops in central Takistan.
  • Showcase: Enjoy the diversity of the PMC faction in a showcase mission.

Enjoy!

RiE

I just wish Provision worked. Seems like a cool mission, but totally locks up every time.

I just wish Provision worked. Seems like a cool mission, but totally locks up every time.
Yes, the missiom simply does not work right. But it's cool to have some more bugs for free...for the last 1000 bugs we had to pay.

but totally locks up every time.

Could you please describe the problem better?

Also, do you mean Scenario or Template variant? If template, is it same bug as here?

Scenario. The first part with the plane works just fine. When you switch to the UN units however the screen remains grey, you cannot spacebar past the starting hint, no other input seems to work. If that doesn't happen you're simply stuck inside the driver's head and can't move, that's what seems to have happened during the template part.

I'll replicate it and get an RPT over lunch. :)

Edit: Well, worked fine at work with a vanilla install of OA + DLCs. Maybe a problem with a mod at home, I'll check when I get there.

Edited by kylania

I have a different problem with the mission, or rather, with the Single Player template. When I start the mission (no addons, just CO+BAF+PMC) I get an error "kb/init.scf not found". The mission starts normally, but the supply crates are displayed outside of the plane (a few meters behind it). The mission works normally until the point where control switches to the UN. While the screen goes normal for me, all sounds are gone, except the normal radio chatter. The truck doesn't have a sound, no environment sound, nothing.

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

I think he is having a similar problem to the one I described here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117508

which BIS and everyone else ignored completely.

I frequently get similar problems with BIS missions after loading. The blur effect that normally fades away at the beginning of a mission stays, probably somewhat caused by an "if (time < 10)" in the script. Reloading the same saved game usually cures the problem for me, I suppose that the time is not restarted if the game loads..?

Here's my RPT report:

Creating debriefing

[49983,912.395,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.7"]

[49983,912.498,0,"MISSINIT","intro2","takistan",false,true,false]

[49983,913.608,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[49983,913.7,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 1"]

File ca\missions2_pmc\scenarios\SPP02.ProvingGrounds_PMC\description.ext, line 26: '/Weapons/M249_TWS_EP1.count': Missing ';' prior '}'

[49987,915.94,0.091,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[49987,916.065,0.091,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,6,160],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[49987,916.077,0.091,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

File description.ext, line 0: '.onloadintro': Missing ';' at the end of line

String STR_M12_Name not found

This time I locked up unable to control anything until I tried to TeamSwitch at which point I got control of the player unit again.

I think he is having a similar problem to the one I described here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117508

which BIS and everyone else ignored completely.

I've never had any problems with this mission, but since it takes about 5 minutes total to complete both the cargo drop and the pick up, I have never tried to exit the mission after the autosave and then reload it.

I've never had any problems with this mission, but since it takes about 5 minutes total to complete both the cargo drop and the pick up, I have never tried to exit the mission after the autosave and then reload it.

5 minutes to play the whole scenario? You got lucky, brother. The mission varies greatly in that it randomly selects a location and situation for the pickup which varies each time you play (cool). You got an easy situation that time. It got very brutal for me the first time I played, as the Takis can shoot the APC from over a kilometer away, and there are like 20-30 of them to blast through, including at least 3 AT guys with RPGs and/or some guided AT weapon. The Takis keep traveling into the area from afar, so if the pickup location is in a steep valley which reduces view distance, you are okay. But if the spot is wide open you may get into serious trouble.

I played through it twice. The second time was very, very easy compared to the first, and I picked up the crates with no resistance at all, and only had to avoid one super distant, hidden RPG guy on the way back to drop off the supplies and end the mission.

Obviously there is a serious problem with the scenario with regard to this lockup.

Edited by OMAC

Ok, maybe I was just lucky. I've played it through two or three times, and always managed to quickly get to the cargo before the enemy was close enough to do much damage with their firing. I've never had any problems with the mission, but like I said, I have never played it long enough to need to exit the mission and reload it.

In the hard spot, the crates were lying across the top of a low, exposed hill. When I got there, about 15 Takis including AT were lying prone around the second crate just over the top of the hill, waiting for me. And if I waited around too long, you get blasted from a km away by a rocket. As you control where the crates are dropped, it is somewhat random where they come down. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Managed to get this played twice using various workarounds. First time I dropped the crates all over the place and got chewed up. Second time I slowed way down and dropped everything right on target, three of them landed on the same ridge line. Didn't take a shot. :)

I slowed way down also, dropping the crates in a tight line with ~50m spacing. Didn't help much with all those Takis around!

I just played it again, this time in the oil fields SW of Rasman airport, and didn't have any trouble. Picked up all five crates!

Edited by OMAC