Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Screenshot Key?

Is there some hidden key by any chance that I've missed all through playing OFP, ArmA, and ArmA 2 which disables the HUD temporarily for screenshots? Would be very handy if there were, or even a mod which did this on the fly.

I thought that might need some clarifying. :p I meant to ask if there is a key or mod we can use to disable the HUD in-game for screenshots? I'd like to take some nice shots (I use FRAPS already) at full resolution (not cropped), but remove all the nasty HUD.

can that command be run through the editor?

can that command be run through the editor?

Why shouldn't it? Put it in a trigger, for example.

Or an addaction to toggle it.... Maybe have a global boolean to track its state?

What about getting rid of your squad at the bottom of the screen, would that be possible?

The only way I found to "showhud" work is to add that in the description.ext, which isn´t handy nor can be acessed in any mission.

Doesn't it work through a script called by addAction?

One could toggle it by going: showHUD = !showHUD

I think...

Cheers

Ugh too much scripting. I just want to be able to hide it whenever I see something I want to take a picture of in any mission. Scripting it for a specific mission will only allow me to hide the HUD during that specific mission.

Ugh too much scripting. I just want to be able to hide it whenever I see something I want to take a picture of in any mission. Scripting it for a specific mission will only allow me to hide the HUD during that specific mission.

Then create yourself an addon for it. You will be able to use it for all SP missions at least

Problem is; I almost exclusively either play MP missions or just derp around in the editor.

then you are out of luck (although for editor would work).

showHUD only works in description.ext though (now that i think of it), so using it in a scripted addon wouldn't work either...

In Game Options> Difficulty> Edit there are several HUD display options which you can Enable/Disable; i've just played about with them but they don't seem to make any difference to anything, beats me (sniffle)