Sign in to follow this  
Macadam Cow

Airport Template

Yeah, sure ! It would be more than welcome :)

But this is just an early version, the size and the configuration of the airfield might change in further updates

Wow looks perfect, lots of mission possibilities... Its on Aoraki map right..?

Looks good tried downloading the first one but some of the required mods you cant get for some reason.

Looks good tried downloading the first one but some of the required mods you cant get for some reason.

Hello,

which one exactly, don't see any problem on my end :confused:

The V2.0 should be out soon, just need to get in touch with the authors of the addons I'm using to see if I can make a package so you guys don't have to download them separately

It's different from the one on Aoraki. I might also release that one but I'll need some time.

This version is less "messy", I've reduced the number of lights, added the Hardened Shelter and well...basicly change the airport's layout. I think this one is closer from the reality

NEWV20.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

Hey so when i try to download AGS industrial buildings it says access denied up the top and in red writing You're not allowed to do this.

Redirecting... then takes me back to armaholic.com, when i try to download OPX Buildings it takes me to Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village

by

Opteryx

and all the others work fine. Not too sure what the problem is there.

The Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village contain the OPX Buildings, so you need to download it to get the file.

I cant help you with the AGS industrial buildings, those addons were removed but I am sure when you search with google for them you can still find them eslewhere.

Thanks Gnat !

@FatalError

unfortunately nothing I can do about AGS industrial buildings, but they're aren't in the next version.

It shoud be released soon, got some problem with my internet so I can't upload the package right now.

Good news is permission was granted to include all the addons into one single package so this kind of problem won't happen anymore.

airportv20.jpg

airport-shelter.jpg

airport-fueldepot.jpg

airport-Cargostore.jpg

airport-lights.jpg

that'd be too good to be true, lol.

I couldn't get in touch with Opteryx, he is probably somewhere on a Hawaian beach with 2 swedish b!tch3s, you know...Living the life in the real world (this guys's crazy).

So you will have to download Opteryx'buildings. But that's all !

And I'm also going to provide a new link for the Nevada map. The one in the first post is down...

atc.jpg

fuel.jpg

cargo.jpg

ramp.jpg

shelter.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

V2.0 released :)

(see first post)

It didn't get any smaller :p

big.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

Hey, have you considered making a afghan COP/FOB/firebase or a MOB template based on the success of this template?

hi macadam, about the post you wrote on page 4 or 5, idon't remember, you said why on Armaholic there was 2000 view and only 100 download, i think you should include the required addons in your .rar, or make 2 .rar version, one with all the required addon + the template and one without the required addons and only the template.

btw, chernarus and takistan are pretty flat on the outside right ?

Thanks for the support guys and thanks a lot Foxhound :)

Hey, have you considered making a afghan COP/FOB/firebase or a MOB template based on the success of this template?

No, I haven't...yet. There are already a few available on armaholic and they're all pretty nice so...

hi macadam, about the post you wrote on page 4 or 5, idon't remember, you said why on Armaholic there was 2000 view and only 100 download, i think you should include the required addons in your .rar, or make 2 .rar version, one with all the required addon + the template and one without the required addons and only the template.

btw, chernarus and takistan are pretty flat on the outside right ?

Well actually that's exactly what I did.

I don't know why only the template mission is hosted on armaholic and not the addon pack. I'm going to contact Foxhound to see if the addon pack can be hosted too :)

I don't know for Takistan but Tchernarus sure isn't flat outside the map borders.

I am going to be using this with the Take On Asian terrain, plenty of flat area and the current airport is a little lacking.

What happened to the Aoraki terrain version with the docks I seen on Armaholic forums? that looked pretty good too.

Best promo vid ever BTW.

Hey just a heads up, your( Requirements list) should be updated for those who just download the mods that they didn't already have. For Example I had a lot of the MBG stuff already as well as OPX and other mods so I saved ALOT OF TIME by not downloading the WHOLE kit and kaboodle.

One of the mods missing from your list of Requirements is RSP when I started sixupdater with all the add ons you have listed I kept being told I need fsg_Rsp6 ,Fsg_Rsp2 when I tried to open the Template mission.

I had to Google it to figure it out then I found the Armaholic page for it, downloaded it, and then opened the addons folder where I found both Fsg_Rsp6 files I was missing. The list of Requirements on Armaholic is also different then yours on the Forum. Which is somewhat confusing for a person who just goes straight to the Armaholic page for the download.

Also you have it listed as the Mando scripts are implemented in the Template,however when I download the template separate its just the Mission.sqm without the scripts in the folder we need to copy over to the Mission we create for the Airbase to paste in.

Im not trying to complain just trying to help make it easier for the next person who downloads the Airbase Template. You did a hell of a job on that Airbase I LOVE IT. Sad not so many downloaded just because of the number of mods though. The way I look at it is once you download them you'll have them for other Really detailed releases by the Community.

then again sometimes space is an issue.

SUGGESTIONS:

It would help if you update your requirement list ,as it will save some time having to dig for the missing files. Also I think you should include the Mando scripts being as its a template with the ground work laid for the takeoff,and the Mando Airfields folder contains missions for Sarahni which some people may not have as well as several other files that may or may not be needed to get the AI takeoff and landing working. Not to mention his Mando Airfields Folder examples are not what we need for the Template you made we just need the Takeoff and landing and possibly the eject scripts for your template so why not include them. If we can copy over your template and then just move the files over and have a functional Airbase in two steps,then Any adjustments needed could easily be made to the Aircraft and takeoffs/landings just by looking at the example of the template itself. Instead of having to piece everything together and struggle to get the AI traffic. It would already be implemented and adjustments could be made as needed to fit the Mission Makers needs.

Well after much work I figured it out and I'm proud to say I had a successful takeoff with an A-10 From your Airbase. I LOVE IT! I had to add some stuff to the line you put in the init though. Thanks for building such BA se.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

This template is amazing, thank you Macadam Cow. I do have one question, what happened to the first airfield with the runways running parallel to each other? Because I would kinda wanna use that one since its much more similar to Bagram airbase in Afghanistan.

Thanks a lot for the support guys :)

If any map maker is interested by this template I would be happy to give it to them, didn't know it was possible to "merge" it with a map.

:D

Here is a little vid showing the scripted landing and taking off :

(Not a really good vid but I didn't want to waste too much time on it)

I have a few things to tweak here and there then I'll release it.

The first release should feature several "samples", due to scripts involved for the landing/taking off it will be better if there's some vehicles with the template,

so you guys can quickly understand how it works and tune it to your preference.

The plan is :

- One empty template, only with markers for taxiing, taking off and landing

- One "ready to use" template with US airplanes (vanilla ArmA)

- One "ready to use" template with Russian airplanes (vanilla ArmA)

- and probably one or 2 other templates featuring addons (ACE, F16, Typhoon,...)

Also I have to thank snake man, when I've first started to work on this it was supposed to be a personal remplacement for the Airbase 1 on his PMC 52Km Desert map.

EDIT : Thanks a lot Foxhound :)

where can i find this

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote embedded videos!