Sign in to follow this  
snake22brawl

Parental controls

No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

No unfortunately not, there was a previous thread that suggested this, that maybe there could be a small BIS-made addon that simply pointed the swearing voiceovers to a blank soundsample, but of course that thread descended into "this is war, man" and "what, you play a game that simulates death and war, but you object to the swearing, WTF" etc and other such nonsense.

Of course, the simple matter is this: the dying is simulated, the swearing is not. I'd like such an addon, so that I can test stuff out in the day AND use external speakers without my children hearing it. However :)

No, but kids should not be playing ArmA, its a adult game

Believe it or not there are adults that don't really want to hear wordy durds too.

Killing people with machine guns, rpgs and what not is perfectly fine, swearing is not.

Pathetic. This is an 18+ game, not meant to be played with or in front of children. And if you have a problem with the language in the game you maybe should seek help or play hello kitty games. :rolleyes:

Intolerance to an aspect of normal everyday expression does show a certain weakness of character.

Adult game, lol. I was playing OFP when I was 10 and guess what, I'm not typing this in a mental care clinic.

Edited by ziiip

This is an adult game which should be classed alongside of XXX sites. Kids should be warned that you face gert hardcore mofos when playing. :yay:

Edited by Opticalsnare

Killing people with machine guns, rpgs and what not is perfectly fine, swearing is not.

Pathetic. This is an 18+ game, not meant to be played with or in front of children. And if you have a problem with the language in the game you maybe should seek help or play hello kitty games. :rolleyes:

This game does not simulate war,

It does not simulate emotions,

It does not simulate mechanized/air assets or electornic warfare,

It does not simulate current modern day operations,

What is does simulate, is the movement and fielding of specific assets within a controlled theatre.

Why is limiting/removing swearing a bad thing?

Last I heard, the military has ZERO cussing within their "training" simulators.

I'm all for it, but to increase more sales and provide more options to a game DEVOTED to the word "options"; swearing should be toggable.

S41

This game does not simulate war,

It does not simulate emotions,

It does not simulate mechanized/air assets or electornic warfare,

It does not simulate current modern day operations,

What is does simulate, is the movement and fielding of specific assets within a controlled theatre.

The game is a game and it simulates whatever you or others have made the missions simulate. As a game, it conveys stories, emotions and operations resembling current modern day ones. And soldiers (and most people in general) swear unless I'm very much mistaken.

Why is limiting/removing swearing a bad thing?

Because it's extra work for the devs, and it's a silly reason to begin with.

Last I heard, the military has ZERO cussing within their "training" simulators.

Non-neutral ways of expression are not needed in pure simulators.

I'm all for it, but to increase more sales and provide more options to a game DEVOTED to the word "options"; swearing should be toggable.

People who didn't buy Arma 2 because the word "fuck" and its derivatives appear in speech and written notes have enough problems without Arma 2 in their lives. Just IMHO FYI TBH.

Edited by Celery

Brian_Bastards,Brian_Shit_Man_down,Brian_Fuck,Brian_Fuck_it,Brian_Shit,..

srsly cannot estimate how many times i´ve heard the according phrases in MP and how many times i didn´t care.

You´ll get accustomed to it sometime :D

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh stick that big cock of yours in my C.... You serously saying your personally respond with "oh i dont like swear words my dear, please be more bla bla" big fucking FAILED!!! she be off your dick and out the door and be shagging some MAN down the street who shouts some profanity at will!!!!!!

LIKE ME!!!

Swearing is apart of our langauge, you hear it in the movies, you hear in the work place if you work that is, if you dont work get a fucking job and you will.

Sorry ive had a few to drinks next it will be please stop lettng drunken men post on foruims with with dicks hanging over their desks or some stupid shit rah rah./ :j:

Oh ive been inthe army and they swear more than anyone else.

First off, smarten up.

Second, I do not mind the swearing personally; however if we all thought about ourselves I'm sure we wouldn't get anywhere.

And third, don't play the army card (if thats even credible), I bed I can trump that.

@Celery

The argument isn't whether Civilian or members of the forces swear, it's the justification of having it as a option for new and existing users. Like you said, it's a game.

I'm sure Devs' are more optimistic then to look at every new feature as "extra work", the more time you put into your creation, the more you get back.

Pure simulators, and ArmA2? So whats the big difference? We can talk techy all day, but what it comes down to is people want a Milsim. I'm sure if people got their way here, we would all be playing VBS2. On that note - Swearing is not needed to Simulate bounding overwatch.

It's not about the people who didn't buy ArmA2. It's about the future customer, the existing customer, and a better gaming experience.

I'm sure with my job I swear much more then the average person. But that isn't the topic here.

S41

And third, don't play the army card (if thats even credible), I bed I can trump that.

S41

Errr i doubt it. I was in in the RGBW TA for a few years and have nothing to prove to you anyhow. I even tried re-joining the RTR recently but was politely told i was too fucking old.. Alot of people here have ex-military backgrounds as the game they play reminds them of their days training in excerises or they play in their own time whilst in the military. You should really get to know people before you come here and start putting your hands on your hips and demanding shit personnaly, otherwise your gonna get squashed pretty quick by some of the heavy weights who have been here longer than i have, claiming they arnt who they say they are crap.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Errr i doubt it. I was in in the RGBW TA for a few years and have nothing to prove to you anyhow. I even tried re-joining the RTR recently but was politely told i was too fucking old.. Alot of people here have ex-military backgrounds as the game they play reminds them of their days training in excerises or they play in their own time whilst in the military. You should really get to know people before you come here and start putting your hands on your hips and demanding shit personnaly, otherwise your gonna get squashed pretty quick by some of the heavy weights who have been here longer than i have.

Booze must of worn off, eh? :rolleyes:

I have absolutely no clue as to what you are getting at. But if your trying to purge me as some sort of 'Anti-Military dude' then you got it all wrong.

My post has been completely about the topic, nothing more, nothing less.

AND less I remind you,

there are or they play in their own time whilst in the military.

S41

:threadjacked:

But back on topic, I can't believe the OP is still posting about sanitizing OA for his child. Last time it was about the "sexual themes" and now it's the language? This game is rated 18+ for a reason, stop failing at parenting.

There is about as much swearing in Arma 2 as there is in Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, and The Pacific. Those don't have swear-filters either. They're rated R, Arma 2 is rated M, therefore you know what to expect. ;)

Anyways, as others have said, this is just devolving into the same old argument. This topic has been discussed many times before ending in the same way. Guess this one isn't any different.

In short, you answer is that no, Arma 2 does not have parental controls, and I wouldn't hope that it one day will.

Edited by Zipper5