Sign in to follow this  
kage74

ArmA 3 Online

You don't see a problem with one button that switches between fire modes, grenades, smoke grenades, IR strobes, satchel charges, mines and the grenade launcher? Nothing more annoying that trying to switch to your 203 and you end up tossing an IR strobe, or trying to plant a satchel and you throw a grenade.

+1 :cool:

Günter Severloh, yes, they kind of "solved". But there is a difference between solution from unknown amateur and original game developer, ESPECIALLY when you are running a server with online like 80-120 ppl at the same time, with ACE2 and similar mods installed. Those scripts perfectly fine for a small coop with your friend, but can add unexpected problems in huge battles. There are some some problems with them, that these 3rd party developers can't (or don't want) to fix. Besides, without adding it through the original game patch, there is no means to force all game server's admins to add all the fixes. And what about proposal of total redesigning hand signal system in (5)? That would have made it quite intuitive and easily used!

But you're right, I choose the wrong thread by mistake, I'll repost it to the more appropriate one

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

You don't see a problem with one button that switches between fire modes, grenades, smoke grenades, IR strobes, satchel charges, mines and the grenade launcher? Nothing more annoying that trying to switch to your 203 and you end up tossing an IR strobe, or trying to plant a satchel and you throw a grenade.

ACE2 developers solved it ellegantly by adding (ALT+1;2;3;4) hotkeys, wich allow you to switch throgh the different TYPES of usable equipment, and then use "F" hotkey just to select different pieces of it within selected category. Comfortable enough if you ask me

basicly agree about relatively small Arma2 online.

both comes from Arma2 challenging gameplay and hardware requirements.

same was happen with OFP in past and community will re-grow slowly.

and turning Arma2 into GTA clone is sucks, sure. as GTA itself.

Hahaha hahaha. This is the most idiotic idea I've read on these forums

OP clearly does not know how hard A3 would lag.

ArmA should NEVER be a MMO. Warfare is enough.

/Thread

Warfare is enough.

/Thread

This.

I had given thought to an MMO version of ARMA and concluded thus. It could work. Here's how I would see it being successful.

1) Sandbox style expansive maps --> Player created cities based on Private Military Groups(Clans/Guilds/Etc.) that belong to a nation(Race/Faction/Etc.). Each nation would have two main cities/"safe zones," that the players could trade in, sell items, buy items, etc. Furthermore, players can invade other countries to gain land and loyalty points with their country to use to buy country specific items. Boundaries should probably be reset every month give or take so one country doesn't take over the world and end the pvp.

2) Expansive Crafting System --> Player created weapons and ammunition, vehicles, houses, bases, fortifications, etc. This would create a player run economy supplemented by national origin. I.E. crafter from U.S. gets enough loyalty to get blueprints for a certain...helicopter, house, fortification, gun, etc. that only U.S. players can make. And on the other side Takistan players can make certain things, Russian players etc etc. Furthermore, there should be different qualities of materials that randomly spawn throughout the world for players to "harvest" and fight over for their countries. These spawns should probably reset every month give or take so that not one country can horde the materials and also create conflict over said items to spur pvp.

3) Insurgency --> Pretty simple, randomly spawns players every minute(as a group of players planning on using this) in a random country to start terrorizing the residents of said country. These would have no nationality and would spawn with basic items(AK47's and a few grenades. Probably even with an off-road jeep) and could rank up within the insurgency tree to get better gear at spawn.

4) Skill Trees --> (For all of those who played SWG precu you will understand this) No levels per say(perhaps ranks, but those won't get you anything other than say a better looking dogtag.), instead you will have different skill trees to work on. You won't be limited to one skill tree, but different base trees will lead on to more advanced trees and combinations of base trees will lead on to even more advanced skill trees. The way you balance this is by making each option in the tree cost a skill point and give a total number of skill points to each character. For better understanding I will just refer to .

Personally I think the idea of an Arma MMO would be interesting no matter how they did it.

I've played WWIIOL for years, mostly flying. But pc gaming has changed alot. People don't want to pay to play..., atleast not $18 bucks a month for a single game.

Newer games raise money thru an ingame store selling upgraded gear, but free to play. "Rise of Flight" and "World of Tanks" are examples.

The 24/7 combined arms battlefield is every wargamer's wet dream. WWIIOL does it still, but with a small playerbase on an old engine.

Bis is a talented group of developers. It's guys like them that push guys like us to keep upgrading our PCs to keep up.

I'm just enjoying the ride....

dgarner

Please do not bump threads older than 4 months. Please review the forum rules and ensure that you know them.

Since there is an ArmA 3 Forum now, this conversation would be better continued in that forum. If this conversation is to be continued, please make sure and search the ArmA 3 forum to make sure there is not already a suitable thread- for instance, the ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas|NO DISCUSSION and ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION threads.

Closing.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

§8) Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator.