Sign in to follow this  
slade1988

RWS - Real Warfare Soundmod

Man that´s so weird.

I´ve tried so many Addon combination, but everytime only a few Weapon Sounds

are different with activated RWS.

Tunguska,all US Machineguns, and a few other Sounds sounds like default.

If I activate other Soundmods they are changing correctly to the specific Soundmod.

I can´t find the error.

Here is my Addonlist (newest Ace Version is running):

WaffelO, heres some tips for you for your load order and mod setup:

1. move @CBA to the top, or first in your target line, CBA is required for all the stuff your running and should be the highest priority.

2. @mma_xeh extended event handlers for something? CBA already takes care of the xeh related tasks.

3. The @HARCP thats a sound mod in one way or another, I dont need to really explain as you know what it does,

but it could be very possible that would conflict with @RWS, I'd suggest not runnign that and try RWS without it and

then try it with it alone without other mods, and see what happens.

4. @LDL, @ASR, @SAR_KRIK -(also a sound mod),@Stmovement, All WarFX files you could just put all into one mod folder.

Like create a folder and title it with something, and then be sure to have an addons folder inside and then put all the files being

the pbos, and bisigns into the addons folder, then any config files go into a userconfig folder which one should be existing if any

mod uses one. Keys would be seperate from this.

All your plane mods make a mod folder that says @planes and put all your planes in there. same for islands,

make an @islands folder.

So ideally your list would look something like this from the top:

@CBA

@WICT

all the other stuff you have listed if it were my mods Im using would be compiled into one based on what they do.

This does work as I have done it with WarMod for Armed Assault, and A2WarMod for Arma2.

I managed to get 122 addons and mods to work with no issues.

Last but not least the sound mods or mods that effect sounds in one way or another being these:

@RWS_Weapons

@RWS_ACE -only needed if your playing with Ace

@SAR_KRIK -Mostly voices or dynamics shouts

@HARCP -gives vanilla or default weapons an echo sound based on environement

I think your real issue is with HARCP.

Just some tips or advice, hope that helps.

Your sound mod sounds really nice, its one of my favorites. Do you plan on doing the OPFOR weapons as well?

Yes they are as has been said in previous pages:

Future plans:

Next step were working on: OPFOR Weapons, Impact Sounds, Sonic Cracks, Explosions and Environment Sounds.

we alrdy have a awesome sound for the Gau 12 its sounds a bit stange but it is realistic ^^

You were right, GAU-12 sounds a bit strange, but its great :bounce3:

You were right, GAU-12 sounds a bit strange, but its great :bounce3:

real life

Jesus Christ that sounded like a Lion roaring at the end there, :D

this sounds like the A-10 is upclose

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Konrad1,

just tested your update with vanilla CO and @RWS_Weapons (no ace), and the improvements are great.

Noticed the Mp5sd dont have a reload sound, thought i'd better mention it, unless you already know about it.

But in this latest update you added

Added Sounds:

Gau12

Gbu12

MK82

AGM-114 Hellfire

AIM 9 Sidewinder

AGM-65 Maverick

M197

Carl Gustav MAAWS

MLRS

M9SD

HK416 SD

HK417 SD

Reload Sound for M110, M240, M249, MK48

among these Gbu12

MK82

AGM-114 Hellfire

AIM 9 Sidewinder

AGM-65 Maverick, does that include impact or explosions, or is that you guys are still working on?

I noticed to that you had a grenade pbo in the addons, but ingame I did not hear any difference for grenades,

and explosions they sound like the default sounds from the game, so assuming you guys have not gotten to this yet.

I downloaded Update #2 and I see here rwr_m9sd.pbo and rws_m9sd.pbo. What is the difference? No other weapon has rwr version, they are all rws.

listen to the gau12 burst whilea av8 flying over ur head, u will love it! but not the AI burst, its terrible. ill improve this sound later.

ill check mp5 and handgrenade. and were doing only weaponsound atm, explosions will follow later. konrad is working on the eastern weapons, im working on soniccracks.

just delete the wrong rwr m9sd, dint noticed that yet...

Edited by SladeUSSOCOM

Tested the latest Patch (Real Warfare Soundmod beta 0.2 update 2),

and it just keeps getting better!

Finally a soundmod that makes the M270 MLRS sound like its actually shooting Rockets!

But it’s a bit sad, that the AI shoots it so fast (Which is unrealistic btw), that you can’t really enjoy the sound of those rockets mounting in the sky. Maybe you or somebody else can fix the rate of fire(Didn’t you already do something similar to this with the Abrams- you can only shoot, as soon as the engine has started...)

And I experienced something really strange: The environment sounds are getting louder and louder, until you shoot. Then there at a normal volume for about 5 secs, but then it gets louder again.

Still missing BLUFOR sounds:

- MG 36 reload sound

- Stinger reload sound

- MK13 completely

- The M119 Reload sounds at first Person Perspective

Once again great work!

Cant wait to hear OPFOR and explosions etc...!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

and explosions they sound like the default sounds from the game, so assuming you guys have not gotten to this yet.

As they said it, explosions will follow later

Patch 2 doesnt include any explosion sounds

Edited by PurePassion

Howdy mates, some things I'd like to call your attention at;

-HK416 SD doesn't have sound on automatic fire mode;

-for evading confusion, may I ask you to rename the update archives from RWS_Weapons.rar, because if someone not watching, then he/she overwrites the core archive

Also I'd like to ask if you have an intention to distribute the soundmod and updates through a download manager, like Yoma's Addonsync or Six Updater? It might worth to consider it, since now a lot of people are using these tools, and they are using far less bandwith than uploading sites.

WaffelO, heres some tips for you for your ....

Thanks, I´ll try it.

I only have one question, why are there no bikeys... You clearly have them avail as you've signed all the addons.

Please post BIKEY so these can be used on signed servers.

Agreed. A BIKEY is a must for any addon.

I can't wait for the final product, the BLUFOR sounds are great, all it needs is OPFOR to complete the picture. I find myself playing OPFOR so I can hear the BLUFOR shooting at me, the vanilla sounds aren't that good..

the only reason i dont like this mod is because it outclasses the sounds of other addons like AAW and ACEX_PLA :D Favourite sound mod ever mates, good work. Would it be posible to get BAF sounds please, as BAF is pretty much used by everybody now. Looking forward to sonic cracks and may i ask where do i find this aks74u sound that i have been hearing about :confused: ? Anyway keep up the great work:)

Edited by Tom1

hey guys

were working day and night on the sounds, and well, soniccracks almost done and environment sound finished. currently im working on the movement sounds. thats lot of work and maybe were looking for another team member who can help us. we will see

Nice to hear that. Good luck and thanks for the sounds you guys already made.

Hey Mates,

please: Take your time! It's your mod and you do this for your own, you don't work for someone else! So remember this while editing: It's your mod, and it should cover just your own taste! Corze than it'll be the best!

Wish you luck with that! ;)

Jarhead

i have the original release and the 2 updates, and have replaced all the pbos from earlier versions with the updated ones, and have vanilla m4sd sounds, yet i think i remember rws sd sounds on that weapon. Have i done something wrong? Good luck with sonic cracks btw, hopefully they will outclass even ace cracks:) Keep up the great work guys.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Also are BAF weapons planned?

Would it be possible to add sound to incoming bombs? Like on this video:

Im sure slade and the guys have the understanding that utube based sounds aren't the actual sounds you hear

when you are actually there shooting a gun, as good as the utube sounds are and very realistic the sound was

recorded by a video camera which would capture the sound or take in the sound different then the human ear,

especially distance from the sound too.

But I dont think there would be much difference to a certain degree all depends.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

yeh the explosion sounds vary and i guess the bullet cracks would too, but they have that very distintive sound, correct me if i am wrong but they are so loud it is hard to tell which dirrection they are coming from. Anyways I have said enough on these forums after the great work so far I have no doubts the next update will be the sh#t (meaning really good to all you guys who dont speak english a as first language:p, so il go bug optical snare to make his smoke grenade effect move with the wind instead:D

as günter said, Youtube sounds arent the best way to do a soundmod. the soniccracks in rl are so loud thats hard to tell the direction where they came from. but the "plop" after the crack (the gunshot) reveals the direction. ive tested my cracks and im afraid when im under fire. u dont want stick the head out of cover. but u will see ^^