Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Skippy Cursor

I've been getting a laggy or skippy cursor in the menus ever since OA came out. It happens in every menu (main, gear, pause, etc) most of the time. Never did this in ArmA II. It's very annoying trying to manage my gear and my cursor keeps skipping around causing me to drop my weapon or something. Note this never happens within the 3D world with my crosshairs.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I dont have this issue.

what are your computer specs?

And have you patched your game since OA has come out?

I've got the most recent beta. I've had this ever since OA was released. Computer specs are fine as I get 30+ FPS at all times with max settings, 5K view distance.

Do you get it without using BETA i.e when using the official 1.57 patch? If you don't have the issue with the official 1.57 patch and only with the beta patches then this thread should be in the beta section of the forum.

Do you get it without using BETA i.e when using the official 1.57 patch? If you don't have the issue with the official 1.57 patch and only with the beta patches then this thread should be in the beta section of the forum.

He wrote he has had it since OA came out..., Your wanbe modness is not helpfull.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I've got the most recent beta. I've had this ever since OA was released. Computer specs are fine as I get 30+ FPS at all times with max settings, 5K view distance.
Have heard other people i play with have it. NVDA hardware?, and some extra functions on your mouseware? Do you play in Window?

He wrote he has had it since OA came out..., Your wanbe modness is not helpfull.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Have heard other people i play with have it. NVDA hardware?, and some extra functions on your mouseware? Do you play in Window?

My mistake.

As for wanbe modness (correction wannabe modness), i have no desire to moderate this forum. my comments where based on his last post where he posted he was using recent beta, which is why i asked if he had the issue when using patch 1.57, where if not, then the thread should be in beta forum. Just because i misread his original post or after reading every post on here forgetting that he had said hed "had the issue since OA came out", does not make me a wanna be moderator. It just means that i, like you, am Human and capable of making such mistakes. Stating such comments, like "your wanbe modness is not helpfull", does nothing but antagonise the person you make the comment about, which does not help solve the issue either, its also known as flaming and likewise is not helpful to the OP.

A simple corrective comment like, "He wrote he has had it since OA came out", without the bashing would have sufficed, dont you think?

I thought it was just me, i dont notice it so much but if i ramp the res up i get it at 200%

In my nVidia Control Panel I changed "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames" back to the default three from what I had set it to, eight. It seems the mouse lag/jump has disappeared and my input from mouse and keyboard in-game in real time is significantly improved. I can now however notice when the frame rate occasionally dips to around 20. I haven't played with it much though, so it may still be there (was never a constant problem).

Try with and without vsync to see if that makes a difference. With vsync on my cursor is a little sluggish in menus.

Yeah I never have vsync turned on. I force it off in every game except those that run Unreal3 engine because that's the only engine that tears for me. Dunno why.