Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Yes FoW got several versions of p-38 (I remember the wip which showed P-38 reconnaissance aircraft).

Just finished watching the HBO mini series "The Pacific"... Man soo looking forward to this mod just like the rest LOL...

Awesome, looking great, the map is amazing.

Awesome, looking great, the map is amazing.

The trees are amazingly made.

Instead of 9001 LODs which causes lag and LOD switching, you guys have only a few.

yeah wich island is that?

It is the Island Peleliu.

What you see is a very smal area around the " Hills" Umurbrogol Mountian.

And smal part of the Airfield where the soldiers getting shot down from by the Jap-LMG.

:yay:

Looking really good, gents. :)

Abs

Hell,you cant imagine how badly i wanna play a THE PACIFIC (HBO) campaign !

Someone has really alot of work to do.

:D

Betatest Session with FHW, recorded by FHW

[YOUTUBE ]_2ong0qbDuo[/YOUTUBE ]

Island looks amazing, same with the gun models.

Good work.

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote images and/or videos!

Awesome video! The Tarawa (i think) looks amazing. Hopefully you will include that mission on the release.

Awesome video! The Tarawa (i think) looks amazing. Hopefully you will include that mission on the release.

Yes will will include a " Beachlanding mission".

Well the mission we working on acctully is a entire capture of the island.

First test session of the " Beachlanding " we all got shot down at sea before we even reached the beach.

We hade to adjust mission.

Second time it took us over 4 hours just to advande 20 meters inland from beach.

So we are still adjusting the missions so we find a good balance of gameplay and the challenge it should have.

But I can tell you that all kind of call of duty playstyle and lonewolf playing will get you killed VERY very fast, faster then Basic Arma2. If you popup you head over a trench be sure you will have ALOT of lead coming your way.:eek::butbut::confused:

Yes will will include a " Beachlanding mission".

Well the mission we working on acctully is a entire capture of the island.

First test session of the " Beachlanding " we all got shot down at sea before we even reached the beach.

We hade to adjust mission.

Second time it took us over 4 hours just to advande 20 meters inland from beach.

So we are still adjusting the missions so we find a good balance of gameplay and the challenge it should have.

But I can tell you that all kind of call of duty playstyle and lonewolf playing will get you killed VERY very fast, faster then Basic Arma2. If you popup you head over a trench be sure you will have ALOT of lead coming your way.:eek::butbut::confused:

Nice that this mod will have realistic missions. When its released i want to hide in the trench as a unarmed medic giving those unlucky rambos first aid. :D I think the ArmA 2 AI is on its best when they are not in urban areas, so the missions will be one of the hardest.

Edited by Leopard

Great video, are the reversed trenches at the beach WIP? I can't help but think there's a dirt mound object that you could sink into the ground that might look better and give the same cover.

Also, really strange and funny to hear a bunch of Germans invading an island in the Pacific.