Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Wake island should be a better infantry map and historicaly has a greater significance/longevity than Midway. And aside from Midways desireability its actual usefullness is questionable if you condider the likely hood of actualy recreating the massive air and naval fleets engaged over it.

Midway in BF1942 was rather dull..

FH1 my friend, FH1. :yay:

Wake does make more sense, but I'm a sucker for Midway. :o

I vote Wake too, but we would need Marines with Brodie Helmets, 5inch coastel guns and 3inch AA guns... :D

We thought maybe people are interested in what types of missions we are developing/testing for HiP.

So, here we go: below you can see an overview of the two missions we will test on Forgotten Hope Warzone this Sunday:

FHW beta test session #13:

Mission 1 - TvT: Tarawa Trenches

Location: Western Betio, Tarawa Atoll, Gilbert Islands, Pacific Ocean

Situation:

US forces have invaded Tarawa Betio. From their bridgehead at the north-western tip of the island, they try to take two important hills to the South of their position.

The Japanese defenders had been pushed back to the South and try to re-take the ridge as well.

Tasks:

Take and hold the important objectives of Hill 107 (Cecilia Ridge) and Hill 106 (Hamburger Hill).

Map (click to enlarge):

m13m1dep.th.jpg

Blue area: US deployment zone

Red area: Japanese deployment zone

Orange are: fight zone

White circles: neutral objectives

Notes:

- A small, straightforward TvT mission. Gameplay was more important than history here, and to create an environment to test our latest melee system even more so.

- size: 3 vs 3 minimum, 15 vs 15 maximum

- capture order: none

- ticket bleed: on, when all objectives have been captured

- tickes: on, IJA: 80 - US: 60

- kits: all except AT and pilots; only IJA has limited sniper access

- capture minimum: a side needs at least 3 soldiers on an objective to capture it

- revive: on

- spawnwaves: on, 2 minute interval

- shop: off

- moving/mobile respawn: off

Mission 2 - COOP (IJA): Teitetsu

Location: Radio station, North-East tip of Peleliu, Pacific Ocean

Time: October 10th, 1944, 05:30

Weather: dense fog

Situation:

The battle of Peleliu is going on for a month now.

Our glorious troops are the pride of the greater Japanese empire: despite their numerical and material superiority, the American invaders are still not anywhere close to capturing and securing the island.

While we have not much clue on what is going on in other parts of Peleliu, our main forces in and around the caves and fortifications of Teitetsu (=horseshoe) mountain hold their positions like a rock.

Our platoon had to guard and maintain the radio station in the flats to the north, but this position became untenable due to enemy naval and air bombardement.

We will fight our way back to the main force now, taking important messages from high command with us.

Tasks:

Primary Objective: Get to or main force near the horseshoe and deliver the messages to the commander.

Secondary Objective: If possible, destroy or disperse the US blocking force between our position and the main force at the horseshoe.

Plan:

1) The whole platoon - included the wounded in their truck - moves out at 05:30 in the direction of Mount Kamilianlul

2) Destroy or bypass the US blocking force at the end of the Teitetsu valley

3) Deliver the message documents to the island commander at the horseshoe

Map (click to enlarge):

m13m2dep.th.jpg

Blue area: US deployment zone

Red area: Japanese deployment zone

Orange are: fight zone

Blue circles: enemy positions

Red circle: Japanese main force

Notes:

- An FHW-type standard COOP mission that should last about 2 hours. It has a historical touch and also serves as a test for an expanded area of Peleliu, as well as the shop system and the melee module.

- size: 4+

- capture order: US encirclement force needs to be 'captured' first

- ticket bleed: off

- tickes: off, unlimited respawn

- kits: all except pilots, sniper kits need to be bought (see shop below)

- capture minimum: a side needs at least 3 soldiers on an objective to capture it

- revive: on

- spawnwaves: on, 2 minute interval

- shop: on, cash: $ 2000, items: Ha-Go tank ($ 400), TK tank ($ 200), ammo box ($ 50), mortar ammo box ($ 200), sniper kits ($ 400)

- moving/mobile respawn: on, respawn at ambulance truck if it's alive

(link to German original thread on FHW)

-------------

Leave your thoughts on the missions here :)

Of course, there are many other types of missions in the works too.

If you want to take part in our beta test sessions, you'd better join one of our betatester communities like Forgotten Hope Warzone (Germany) and Kellys Heroes (UK) - many thanks for helping us develop Hell in the Pacific!

Or, if you have some skills to offer, why not join our modding team? We are always looking for new talented members. Contact us via hellinthepacific@hotmail.com.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

This whets the appetite :)

Many thanks indeed for such an informative and professional insight.

Sound the ALARM (*Airsiren*). Today it is playtest day!!

The Team vs Team is what is most intressting today, specially now that we got the working bayonett. So maby we will see some honorable banzai charge or will they lose face and be a shameful display?

Or will the Marines get pinned down on the beach crying out for mama.

All that we will see today.

We will have a media update after this playtest so you all here can see what team vs team game play is in our mod.

BANZAI!

BANZAI!

Gearing up right now, putting arma on win7, grinding the sword and all that ..

Well I just have to thx all beta testers, we will have new media coming up soon.

What I wanted to say to the public is that banzai charge someone with bayonett works great in team vs team. Thanks to INV44-team.

I got 4 kills and almost had 3 others, but they got me before I could stab them.

Banzai!!

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Hello there gents. Been lurking around a bit, seeing some screenies, when I just stumbled upon something I don't understand. I could see a screenie of an F6F(-5?) Hellcat, and the selected weapons would read 4x .50 cal MGs? As far as I'm aware, any and all Hellcat versions would deploy SIX of these machine guns?

Also, I could see a carrier at one of the other screenies. Is it going to be fixed on the map (Khe Sanh on Utes like), editor-based (Like the community-made USS Nimitz), or fully interactable (much like an over-sized RHIB)?

Yes. Loadouts so far:

-Fighter with 4x 50 cal MG + 2x 20mm Cannons

-Fighter bomber with 6x 50 cal MG + 2x 114kg bombs

-Fighter bomber with 6x 50 cal MG + 6x rockets

each in 4 different color schemes. Maybe we should add a fighter version with 6x 50 cal MG only too? (EDIT 2: done!)

---

The carrier is 'fully interactable' as far as this is possible in the ArmA 2 engine.

You can move it, you can walk on it, but you can not walk on it while it moves etc...

At least it is possible to take off and land on it in a limited way while it moves.

We have no finished model yet and I'm still working on some additional scripts, however.

I doubt that we will release our current stand in model.

So, my best guess is that we will have no carrier in the first release. But then, who knows...

Cheers,

D.

---------

EDIT: also, here are 5 parts of video of Sunday's coop test mission on FHW, by [FHW]Pio:

Part 3:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRvzxLg8Hc&version=3&hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRvzxLg8Hc&version=3&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Many thanks Pio!

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

I loved peleliu island in the pacific series.. specially the beaches where they landed with APC's say is there anyway you can add those landing APC's? :) great mod btw! keep it up!!

We gave Amtrak landingcraft. Check our blog for screenshot of it.

Edited by Mr Pedersen
watch max file size

the video is looking good :)

I do have 1 question. in the video you always use the Japanese army, never the marines. could you make a video with marines once? would like to see those in action :)

the video is looking good :)

I do have 1 question. in the video you always use the Japanese army, never the marines. could you make a video with marines once? would like to see those in action :)

why you see Japanese army is because we have been testing those units and weapons. we have full working U.S Marines with there gears & weapons.

why you see Japanese army is because we have been testing those units and weapons. we have full working U.S Marines with there gears & weapons.

ah okay

This mod wud be awesome.. :) is there also the island Iwo Jima? And are the AI able 2 start or land on carrier?