Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Socom: Navy Seals [Ideas]

Ok, so I have been interested for a while about implimenting the old PS2 game Socom Navy Seals into ArmA 2 for a while now. It does not seem too difficult at all, however the only things I would like to make are some some changes in the AI and a few little tweaks in stealth. As I have noticed, the old Socom game had been a little bit easy on players when they were in range of trees or in prone stance. They were also unaware of the target if they were in shadows or concealed with their movements. Another interesting idea of mine is to have alternating music depending on the increment of action. For instance, play slow and silent music while you are concealed. And once you have fired you may play some kind of action related music. Perhaps rock or metal or something that has some combat kick to it, and if you are engaged maybe play something that would make your heart beat faster. Practically these are some of the concepts that make a game more interesting, I have read that classical music makes you think better during game play or difficult tasks. Some of my ideas were to use some music from the Old Unreal game and maybe some from Socom itself. Old Unreal uses old European Dance music which is good for speed and accuracy.

::Some of the music::

*Good song for infiltration*

*Engaged by the enemy*

*Increment of action*

*Intro 1*

*Intro 2 : Sad or gloom*

*Activation of nightvision*

*Engaged or hunted*

Edited by DeclaredEvol

So is this an addon or a request?

Probably considered a request, however I am thinking about working on the project myself. I can map and kind of script, I haven't used the BITools yet because on my old computer it crashed alot. Anyways, if you are interested just add my msn: Zplea@hotmail.com. Or my Skype which is xXSaboteurXx

I already thought of there is TF86 SEALs Mod around.

Correct, and there is also a Winter Ops and Black Ops mod that contains some extra features that can be used. I also like the ideal concept of the navy seals vs the spetsnaz which should be a bit interesting. However, from studies shown... the navy seals training and strategies are top secret now. All of the videos and training that are leaked were old and out dated strategies that are long gone now. The Navy Seals have also been documented to never had failed a mission. Their main training is to not fail, and if one seal dies than they automatically believe it is the entire teams fault. They work together a bit better since they travel in smaller numbers depending on their level of risk. Whenever they are out for recon and to secretly grab or destroy evidence or any package of that sort, they travel in small but heavily armed groups. TF86 Seals has that capability and is good enough for the mod, however there are some important things I do not see on it. Which would be diving suits, or dry land diving suits, and sometimes they wear environmental clothing that is called half bit ghillie suits. They usually just pick up things from their environment and use it in their clothes, its a bit more complicated. Anyways, if this mod were to have really good features. I'd prefer some of the scripters from ACE to make things like ghillie attachments to clothes... perhaps usable through ace gear. A few more extra problems with the TF86 mod is that they do not carry ANY of the navy seals specialized weapons. Like their modified m4, m16, M60, or anything involving tactical operations. And the navy seal M9SD is a click shot, so it doesn't repeat fire instantly.

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Hi you can discuss this with SPEKTRE76, he is making U.S Navy SEALs mod can be seen through his signature.

Don't mind giving him a PM or leave a message on his wall

Probably considered a request, however I am thinking about working on the project myself. I can map <- you mean making a mission? and kind of script, I haven't used the BITools yet because on my old computer it crashed alot. Anyways, if you are interested just add my msn: Zplea@hotmail.com. Or my Skype which is xXSaboteurXx

So you are planning on doing a complete SEALS Pack? And not even have used the BIS Tools yet? I think you cant see how much work is needed for your "Project". I dont want to demoralize you, but there is a lot more needed than just Ideas or Intro Music.

Retexturing is easy to learn and easy to handle. Making a complete model is a lot more difficult. And you will need a lot for those...

New weapons

Diving Gear

HALO Gear

and a lot more...

How long do you think you need? Getting used to the tools, takes about 2-6 Months. Getting good in the tools you will need at least 4-6 Months.

The whole addon thing is extremly tempting, I get it. But i would suggest start with the basics. Start at a rebreather for the diving gear or a new model for the MP7. And you should think about team up with another team. Maybe you can contact Ardy of the TF86 Seals and offer your help.

Wish you luck :)

Best regards

thanks guys, i appreciate the support... I have experience with modeling, skinning, mapping, and modding on some other games. It usually does take a while to get used to new software, but do you think it is possible to import files from blender or any well known software out there?

yes, importing is possible via obj into o2, or via existing plug-ins (for modo, max and blender - done by community members)

However, from studies shown... the navy seals training and strategies are top secret now. All of the videos and training that are leaked were old and out dated strategies that are long gone now. The Navy Seals have also been documented to never had failed a mission.

Wow. Just...wow.

operation red wing

Don't forget Anaconda. Also if someone makes a really good Seal Addon, I will use it in my upcoming Devgru campaign. I've made 4 seal campaigns and they have always been modeled after the socom games.:) Devgru will feature the soundtracks from all the titles.

Don't forget Anaconda. Also if someone makes a really good Seal Addon, I will use it in my upcoming Devgru campaign. I've made 4 seal campaigns and they have always been modeled after the socom games.:) Devgru will feature the soundtracks from all the titles.

Neat man! I should be able to begin on the work soon enough... I should probably concentrate on the character models and textures ASAP. I don't know when I will finish this project, or if I will ever bring my self to that point. But I will update my information and production as I go, I'll be glad to help out if you need anything...

Neat man! I should be able to begin on the work soon enough... I should probably concentrate on the character models and textures ASAP. I don't know when I will finish this project, or if I will ever bring my self to that point. But I will update my information and production as I go, I'll be glad to help out if you need anything...

I just need a five man team that will be operating in Africa and Astan. Mostly desert colors. You could use the Arrowhead models and just re texture them. Also don't forget about Spectre, Killjoy, Wardog, Reaver, and Jester. I think you could finish this pretty quick. Even if it just a small addon. :bounce3:

I just need a five man team that will be operating in Africa and Astan. Mostly desert colors. You could use the Arrowhead models and just re texture them. Also don't forget about Spectre, Killjoy, Wardog, Reaver, and Jester. I think you could finish this pretty quick. Even if it just a small addon. :bounce3:

Well, I was really concentrating on the one key aspect of making the old socom team from the first game. But for bonuses I may use them, and for the enemy I might just take the Iranian Army mod?

operation red wing

Or the Discovery Channel. Or is that a "leaked" source?

operation red wing

Yeah I have seen this mission, but to assure that you should know. The Navy Seals killed 96 Taliban and a maximum of 19 Seal units KIA. Our guys are tough, and regardless of the tension in a situation... they tend not to fail. But the idea is to free places from Taliban forces, it was really a marine or army mission. The navy seals are not meant to fight on top of little sand hills and dirt roads, I suppose what I should had mentioned was that the Navy Seals had not failed many missions during Vietnam. Which is the base time and environment I was concentrating on, if you can list me failed missions during that time of war I would be happy to accommodate the truth. But until then, I rest my case :D

I'm with you DeclaredEvol. If you haven't read Lone Survivor you have no idea. They were soft discovered by a group local tribesman along with children. Their Sop's are to eliminate anyone which could give up their position. Being goodhearted men they decided to let them go. Thus leading to the battle. These four men eliminated over 50 Taliban fighters single handedly. Although this was declared a failed recon mission in the eyes of a Seal, I'd say that killing that many Taliban was worth it. Also, I've discovered that these forums hold alot of angst against the U.S. and it becomes a pissing contest most of the time. Don't even think about bashing wiki leaks or you will unleash the wrath of hell;)

Edited by Sick1

I'm with you DeclaredEvol. If you haven't read Lone Survivor you have no idea. They were soft discovered by a group local tribesman along with children. Their Sop's are to eliminate anyone which could give up their position. Being goodhearted men they decided to let them go. Thus leading to the battle. These four men eliminated over 50 Taliban fighters single handedly. Although this was declared a failed recon mission in the eyes of a Seal, I'd say that killing that many Taliban was worth it. Also, I've discovered that these forums hold alot of angst against the U.S. and it becomes a pissing contest most of the time. Don't even think about bashing wiki leaks or you will unleash the wrath of hell;)

cus of course you know so much about the SEALS S.O.P... sorry mate but i gota call bs on that one...

dont get me wrong, nothing against the yanks, and they do have some of the best SOF in the world. but i wouldnt go talking them up to be some god like unit, more so when you have no actual experience with them...

cus of course you know so much about the SEALS S.O.P... sorry mate but i gota call bs on that one...

dont get me wrong, nothing against the yanks, and they do have some of the best SOF in the world. but i wouldnt go talking them up to be some god like unit, more so when you have no actual experience with them...

Hear it from the enemy, our SOF are god like. And hear it from the Vietnamese ex- viet kong. They were afraid of them too, but there are other military groups in the world... and some secret agencies that may have better men there too. But I prefer saying the seals are some of the toughest men alive, it is certainly most acknowledgment to believe they could had easily killed a bunch of goat herders with guns.

I demand a Bruce Willis face for any further seal mods :P

lol, yeah... I think these guys have promoted a Hollywood rambo to almost be true. But they died in the line of duty, so what can I say...

I only know their SOPs from the mouth of Marcus Luttrel, when he described them in his book Lone survivor. Like I said, read the book if you want to understand what happened during the operation. I'm not talking them up, I'm just giving you facts. All SOF are god like in my mind, including the SASR;)

Edited by Sick1

Redwing might be a bad reference for portraying the "godlike" qualities of SOF personnel, since it was by and large a huge clusterfuck.

At the end of the day SOF are just dudes with a good deal of confidence in their own (considerable) abilities. That and experience is what carries the day, nothing godlike about it.