Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Hacking is getting worse

Been working on a C++ based anti-cheat in the past 2 hrs or so. The only problem is distribution because so far, as simple and lite as it is, I can only see it being run by small and close-knit communities, or tournaments. Why?

You need to run a 'client' for the player computer, and then the Arma2 server comp runs the main Anti-cheat server which the 'client' communicates with to "let them into/block them" from the server with an either an OK, or a CHEAT DETECTED. I can't integrate it directly into Arma2 unfortunately, unless I actually disassemble it like a hacker myself. BE's client is integrated and installed with Arma2, so no problem.. only thing is that it doesn't do its job. So far this is a very lite AC but it works very well and is much more effective than those Pbo based ones (DOOACS, etc) because those can easily be bypassed. Most of the time hackers don't even have to do anything to bypass such ACS, same with BattleEye.. its like it's not even there.

Server/Client - http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5619/eac1.jpg

Cheat Detected, IP blocked from connection to server computer - http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/530/eac2.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2522/eac3m.jpg

It also tells you the name of the offending PBO and its 'UID' which is something I made out of file properties (size,name,secretstuff,etc), encrypted with some additional math, just didn't scroll up to show it.

You get :( for cheats detected, the AC closes and so will Arma2.

You get :) and 'heartbeat' every 60 secs as long as nothings been tampered with, which will keep you from getting added to the 'firewall blocked list'. Its very simple but also surprisingly much better than what I've seen so far. If its wanted and once its done I will release it.

Edited by Jurugi

Can't help but think you're underestimating the challenge some, I mean are you just checking the vanilla game files? Is this supposed to be used with no mods at all? Client and server would need identical versions of all pbo's (no betas) and if any mods are allowed can you be certain which ones are loaded? If so before you go to a lot of trouble I suggest you experiment with the onDifferentData setting in the server.cfg for a possible existing implementation but one I suspect people don't tend to use because it is so restrictive.

ArmA: Server Side Scripting

I can't see how this issue can really be sorted long term. You can have the game server secure as hell, but lose the ability of addons and scripts or alternativly join a clan, set up your own dedicated server and only allow people you know and trust to join under a securely kept password. me and m,y mates have been doing this for ages and had no issues at all

i think this is a issue all struggel with, sure you can lock our server but then again how do get fresh blood to your clan/new members if they dont get a fair shoot to play with you guys.:rolleyes:

And i know its a bitch keeping a structure ingame with around 20 publics on server and maybe 5 of those are comming in ts with you.:eek:

But we all have our prefrences on how the game and server should be runned :yay:

i think this is a issue all struggel with, sure you can lock our server but then again how do get fresh blood to your clan/new members if they dont get a fair shoot to play with you guys.

I know,

Me and my buddy opened up our co-op the other night and two guys joined our team, nailed all of us (in a fkn crucial part of the mission) then disconnected.

A bloke joined up at the end as we we're reaching extraction who would have played well so...

win some you lose some, just glad i don't wake up a moron every morning.

Only some mornings :p

Hi all

Dao seem to be coping with it on the public PvP Valhalla Server 80 players a night always full.

It is all down to admins. Easy meat always attracts the predators.

And of course they are not getting to any of the major community servers, not one.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Dao seem to be coping with it on the public PvP Valhalla Server 80 players a night always full.

It is all down to admins. Easy meat always attracts the predators.

And of course they are not getting to any of the major community servers, not one.

Kind Regards walker

what in the world are you talking about, last night we had one come in and i guess since he couldn't #restart us he locked all of our ingame movements...

Good admins cant do shit to that, if they can please explain, tell me how to see what commands they are using, tell me how to quickly almost instant have the ip of the attacker, ban them, and go back to my normal gameplay. Please explain how DAO do it. Admins dont have a chance in this game and being that only one can log in at once.... its a f*cking unfunny joke.

this shit is a joke and Im seriously doubtfull it will change.

fix your game bohimia, I can deal with the occasional wallhack / aimbot but your game is like a rotting block of flesh to flies and open for business.

Jurugi - good luck I'll be happy to test your program out when its ready, obviously the developers dont give a shit 6 years after the arma 1 fiasco.

Hi [506th PIR]Sleep

Have you ever actualy been on the DAO server?

When last night did this suposed hack of the DAO server take place?

Kind Regards walker

Hi [506th PIR]Sleep

Have you ever actualy been on the DAO server?

When last night did this suposed hack of the DAO server take place?

Kind Regards walker

of course I have but I havnt been there in months being that Im a 506th admin.

Sleep;1840304']9

what in the world are you talking about' date=' last night we had one come in and i guess since he couldn't #restart us he locked all of our ingame movements...

Good admins cant do shit to that, if they can please explain, tell me how to see what commands they are using, tell me how to quickly almost instant have the ip of the attacker, ban them, and go back to my normal gameplay. Please explain how DAO do it. Admins dont have a chance in this game and being that only one can log in at once.... its a f*cking unfunny joke.

this shit is a joke and Im seriously doubtfull it will change.

fix your game bohimia, I can deal with the occasional wallhack / aimbot but your game is like a rotting block of flesh to flies and open for business.

Jurugi - good luck I'll be happy to test your program out when its ready, obviously the developers dont give a shit 6 years after the arma 1 fiasco.[/quote']

time	17:37:05	source 71.125.63.11	

Command

@aP&uEt@qGG}??		.~	%p:e-@%B_30mm_HE)nEhCIE|J?|2.serverCommand "#shutdown";J.Bw@5E

there we go hacker found and catched.

Sleep;1840304']tell me how to quickly almost instant have the ip of the attacker' date=' ban them.[/quote']
Sleep;1840304']Admins dont have a chance in this game and being that only one can log in at once....

So I guess you're not using BE RCon? Shit dude, why don't you just bend over for them and then come here and give them the extra satisfaction of reading you cry about it?

So I guess you're not using BE RCon? Shit dude, why don't you just bend over for them and then come here and give them the extra satisfaction of reading you cry about it?

its running just fine... not doing anything for us either except kicking random people constantly on bad occasions. I hope they are reading this also and laughing at the joke that is this games security.

... what other rcon is there?

Edit: I really would love to know what its going to do for us when our keyboards get locked? the entire server is emptied in seconds.

It will allow you to have multiple admins logged-in all with the ability to issue a GUID ban (AFAIK this cannot be circumvented) from outside the game (i.e. not subject to in-game input). There is a GUI for it HERE.

ArmA%202%20Rcon.png

In terms of continuing your game without a restart you'd need to devise your own signed mod to reverse the disableUserInput command on all clients but I wouldn't want to post such a thing for fear it might be abused (it's basically a hack). Have been meaning to make this for myself though so I could PM it to you when I have.

Don't run public servers? I know thats not a great solution, but public servers are usually the lowest of the low in terms of player quality so ...

It will allow you to have multiple admins logged-in all with the ability to issue a GUID ban (AFAIK this cannot be circumvented) from outside the game (i.e. not subject to in-game input). There is a GUI for it HERE.

ArmA%202%20Rcon.png

In terms of continuing your game without a restart you'd need to devise your own signed mod to reverse the disableUserInput command on all clients but I wouldn't want to post such a thing for fear it might be abused (it's basically a hack). Have been meaning to make this for myself though so I could PM it to you when I have.

ahhh ok well this is a start, and about the signed addon, if i can pull oktane out of retirement maybe he would help me on it. If not I have a few friends who can help also. Otherwise ill pm you later on if all else fails

edit: I apologize also, but this is frustrating and I hadnt had my daily caffeine

edeit edit: seems the link is down right now for the exe

Edited by Sleep

Hi all

Don't run public servers? I know thats not a great solution, but public servers are usually the lowest of the low in terms of player quality so ...

DAO having proper admins run an excelent public server.

Kind Regards walker

Defunkt could you rar the rcon tool for me and upload it somewhere?

Sleep;1840355']ahhh ok well this is a start' date=' and about the signed addon, if i can pull oktane out of retirement maybe he would help me on it. If not I have a few friends who can help also. Otherwise ill pm you later on if all else fails

edit: I apologize also, but this is frustrating and I hadnt had my daily caffeine

edeit edit: seems the link is down right now for the exe[/quote']

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/9758/ArmA2RCon.zip

here´s the latest link.

thanks

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I cant seem to get it to connect for some reason

using the BE pass and or the server pass gets no connection

edit edit edit: were actually having server issues so nvm for the moment

Edited by Sleep

I know that may seem like a good idea, but if you say public servers have low quality players, well then if they are gone all the players who dont like teamwork or just aren't serious, or just plain suck, are either going to join clans and get on the nerves of the "high quality players", or they are just going to stop playng arma and possibly spreading their bad words to friends, which affects sales alot.

So my point is, there is nothing wrong with public servers, but a tradeoff for public servers is hackers, just face it, almost every game has hackers somewhere, if you are really serious about stopping hackers you must go to greater lengths to stop them.

And just to let you know i am in a clan myself so I am not defending myself.

I cant seem to get it to connect for some reason

using the BE pass and or the server pass gets no connection

edit edit edit: were actually having server issues so nvm for the moment

I have it connected and all seems fine EXCEPT it doesnt show any players when they are connected :( it says its obtaining the player list but doesnt show anyone.

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

Don't run public servers? I know thats not a great solution' date=' but public servers are usually the lowest of the low in terms of player quality so ...[/quote']

Without public servers buddy,,, the online play would dwindle into nothing,,,, we would get zero new blood in arma which would be a very sad day for us all.

I have it connected and all seems fine EXCEPT it doesnt show any players when they are connected :( it says its obtaining the player list but doesnt show anyone.

The server issue was fixed with a reinstall of BE on the server (bad timing huh). After that I connected using the BE pass and everything seems to work great. The kills/ deaths dont show properly but everything else works fine. I did leave it running over night and when I came back in the morning it wasnt fully showing the proper list of players but a quick restarting of the rcon tool fixed that.