Sign in to follow this  
shockero

Romanian Armed Forces in Takistan(WIP)

Yeah, but isn't the vehicle based on a BTR-80?

Well, it would be a look-alike only then as you said...

Nope,the Tab 77 is based on BTR 70.

B33 Zimbru is the one based on BTR 80.

Yeah, but isn't the vehicle based on a BTR-80?

Well, it would be a look-alike only then as you said...

I posted that entire list so you won't check it topas? bad bad boy :P

Already had a talk with SA yesterday, and since the decals exist (in form, they need to be colored), all it needs are new textures so it can be packed in the next update. That way you will have everything needed in the RHS BTR70 pack, you won't even need permission, just reference it

@vilas: only the PMis have that specific stock, and the fronggrip with the handle. The RPK and PKM familly are exactly as russian counterparts

Edited by PuFu

http://ozarkbeararms.com/shop/images/AES10%202.jpg

please look at this Pufu

also i think that Romanian 5.45 has thinner muzzle break, so i should do it thinner than Russian/USSR AK74 have

That is the first i have seen. The ones i have seen around the shows, expos and what not had the solid buttstock.

I guess that would be the romanian version of the RPKS then, but i don't know who is actually using it (paratroopers, maybe)

muzzle break for PMis is this one:

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variant/brake_smooth_two_piece2.jpg

Edited by PuFu

I posted that entire list so you won't check it topas? bad bad boy :P

Ooops...Indeed you have...

Sorry.. @work now, so I'm focused on a totally different stuff.. Must have just overlooked it..

all it needs are new textures so it can be packed in the next update

I'll see what can be done in this regards during the holiday break. ;)

M109A6 is a priority here though

I'll see what can be done in this regards during the holiday break. ;)

M109A6 is a priority here though

Obviusly

I might have a go at it, depends on the mood. Anyhow, it is not a high priority

I might have a go at it, depends on the mood

Be sure to let me know via Skype or whatever if you'd happen to. Would not want to do the sam stuff at the same time (I may get the mood for it too ya know) :rolleyes:

Thank you all for showing support to this mod ! Especially to those who volunteered to model for it !

aims.jpg

differences from AK74 not only in muzzle break but gas pipe is AKMish (oposite to USSR AK74 gas pipe)

stock changed (comparing to DDR/Polish i had before)

i hope to do Romak soon too

Edited by vilas

Ok, first try on this one...

RO.jpg

Does it look Romanian enough?

That is the first i have seen. The ones i have seen around the shows, expos and what not had the solid buttstock.

I guess that would be the romanian version of the RPKS then, but i don't know who is actually using it (paratroopers, maybe)

muzzle break for PMis is this one:

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variant/brake_smooth_two_piece2.jpg

I've seen tons of Romanian RPK's at different gun shops and shows that have the wire stock that vilas posted. These are semi auto civilian legal ones in the US though. almost all of them are converted by century arms and I'm not sure, but the wire stock might be added to make them sell better in the US. I could be wrong though.

Wow, looks like it.. !

Cool :) I'll have the psd sent to you in the evening. Hope you'd be able to use the camo layer for other existing/future vehicles.

Just give me some time to finetune some details; what I shown was just a quick test really

so i guess you hit the mood :) nicely done topas.

@Vilas somehow the stock reminds me of the german stg.44 attachment 'krummlauf' :-)

@all good work people!

Last news for Romanian Armed Forces:

It will be released only with the units that we have in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So.....

Airplanes/helicopters will not be included

No Tanks(like t-55/t-72) only APC(TAB-77,M1151,etc)

CHECK FIRST PAGE FOR INFO.

Edited by ShOcKeRoS
UPDATED

but hey, answer to my PM ShOck

what about type of RPK, what about sniper rifle (PSL will be in few days)

and i will do grenade launcher , so don't hurry with that release as i need at least 1-2 weekends for preparing AIM 40mm, PSL-1 sniper rifle ;]

but apart from weapons, will you do Romanian "flecktarn" camo too ? i had it my own in past in 90s :D it was good for autumn

but hey, answer to my PM ShOck

what about type of RPK, what about sniper rifle (PSL will be in few days)

and i will do grenade launcher , so don't hurry with that release as i need at least 1-2 weekends for preparing AIM 40mm, PSL-1 sniper rifle ;]

but apart from weapons, will you do Romanian "flecktarn" camo too ? i had it my own in past in 90s :D it was good for autumn

Sorry,but i accidentally deleted it...

Yes, from what i know is a 5.45mm version based on on the PA md. 86(Mitralieră md. 1993)also there is an "Heavy Barrel" AES10-b http://www.newphillysports.com/Images/donaes10.jpg - HI-CAP Semi-Auto Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm,PSL-1 will look good(if you need info>http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/Romanian_PSL_SniperRifle.asp)

@For now I just do what you saw in pictures..

Thanks.

Edited by ShOcKeRoS

okay, so you will have :

- PSL + PSO1

- RPK 7.62 Romanian version

- RPK with wired stock (maybe in future you will do more Romanian troos, like Paratroopers, i hope to see woodland flectarn camo too, this in red dots)

- AK 7.62 with wood and wired stock

- AK 5.45 with wired stock (answer about rail type please)

this is not a problem

i can put scope like PSO on some of it if you want , i have no idea about today's armament of Romania, but my county is EOTfreak , so maybe your country also puts it on AK ?

i suppose Romanian rail for mounting scopes is "reversed" compared to USSR clasic rail , but what about this rail on rifles ?

which riles have it by default ?

5.45 PAM 1986 should have it by default ? i don't know, you must tell me, cause in USSR rifles only some AK had rail, and only AK74M has it "by default"

what about Romanian AK like avtomat 86 ?

i need precise info - do or not do rail on 86 (5.45)

do or not do on RPK

and if yes, than is there one common type of rail ? cause on picture you posted i see another type of rail than i saw on 86

and as you have my weapons , is wood color okay for Romania (as i know Yugo has more orange, not so orange like Israel or India )

and maybe you can confirm - something about Bulgaria

as far as i know they do AK 47 milled receiver still , is it truth that they have AK 47 in 5.45 and 5.56 or it is b.s. ?

please tell , will you do uniform M93 or not ?

Edited by vilas

vilas:

1. 99% of the issued weapons have no sights/scopes attached to them.

The very few that have are using the following rails you can see here:

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/pro19.html

2. There is already a 5.56 PM available, but is is NOT standard issue weapon, in fact i am not sure who or if anyone is using it :http://www.arms.home.ro/arms/cugir1/pag/3.html

It would be nice to have AK 5.54 with PSO, althought never seen one. Special forces are using variants of Steyr, G36 etc anyway.

Great job everybody :)

AK 5.54 with PSO, althought never seen one.

I have not seen any, used by the Romanian Army; but it would be good for the mod.

Merry Christmas to all.

@afp credeam ca ne-ai parasit :p

poate gasim un expert pe forumul MAPN !!!

Edited by Esch0

Romanian Armed Forces DEMO News:

1.Here are two pictures "Behind the scenes" from the first trailer

ro1a.png

ro2a.png

Thanks topas.

2. I think the texture for M1151 will be changed to fit more better with BTR Camo(in the worst case M1151 will be replaced with the BI up-armored)

3. Romanian Armed Forces Demo trailer is comming !

@I have found Piranha III and is for ARMA 1, i dont really know who is the author, and if he can convert it For arma oa and retexture...any of you guys know it ?

http://www.denny-piranha.com/images/arma-logo.jpg

Edited by ShOcKeRoS
Piranha III

but don't be so hurry , before some things will appear , like this (wip yet, not finalized )

rrrrrc.jpg