Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

i got some questions:

- for wich purpose is this script warcontext/WC_fnc_support.sqf , how can players do that bombing support?

- did you remove that cursor in the middle or did i screw things up? i cannot tell my Ai where to hide on specific objects, cause that cursor isn't there

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/picerrork.jpg/

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

i got some questions:

- for wich purpose is this script warcontext/WC_fnc_support.sqf , how can players do that bombing support?

- did you remove that cursor in the middle or did i screw things up? i cannot tell my Ai where to hide on specific objects, cause that cursor isn't there

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/picerrork.jpg/

lo

the support script should be used but it's true i don't see it appear since a very long time : )) normaly it depends of enemy support troops

for the cursor, i don't remember that. Perhaps an external addons ?

It's normaly the only parameter to check :D

If you have some doubt, just go to the left barrack near the flag, and check in hall of fame (mouse menu), if you are a team member:D

if you are the admin, you can check everytime with the menu manage team :yay:

I'm having the same issue. A couple buddies and I are LANing it and only the host/admin is getting any sort of mission advancement - everyone else is just a mercenary and does not get any mission updates. I can't seem to find any troubleshooting of any sort in the manual or in this thread.

We've confirmed that it's an open server (although we've tried using admin select) and we have double confirmed that everyone is on the same team when the Admin checks the managed team.

Any idea what's up? Anything in particular we should be looking at?

Thanks

//CW

normally it should work in LAN, if your the host, you should be able to pick em, or if you do open server, it should also work. If all are in the team(managed team) , they shouldn't be mercenaries. But actually i can't tell for sure, cause we play it dayly on our ded server. After several ports to other islands and a lot of sessions, i haven't had these issues that you got. Maybe it's a dedicated server thing in the script. Which version you play ?

normally it should work in LAN, if your the host, you should be able to pick em, or if you do open server, it should also work. If all are in the team(managed team) , they shouldn't be mercenaries. But actually i can't tell for sure, cause we play it dayly on our ded server. After several ports to other islands and a lot of sessions, i haven't had these issues that you got. Maybe it's a dedicated server thing in the script. Which version you play ?

I think we're using an older version (1.42) but looking at the changelog, that shouldn't make much of a difference. We're not running a dedicated server if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Tried a dedicated server. I don't think we set it up right, but there weren't any guidelines we could find for setting up a dedicated server so we winged it. Still didn't work, although in this case we didn't even have a team leader (the host has always been team leader/admin in the past).

Edited by ChickenWinger

Yea of course, when u set up a ded server, you have to login to become admin. But it should work in LAN, i don't know if code did put sth. in there that is dedicated server related. You could also join us, during the evenings. We play a modified version with ace and acre on other islands pretty often.

is sea patrol actually working? i used it on thirsk, but while doing the mission, i found a rhib with 2 blufor guys in a forest. Boat was burned down, soldiers were dead. Why was that boat manned with blufor, and why was it in the forest :) ??

if (!isServer) exitWith{};

private [
	"_vehicle",
	"_vehicles",
	"_plane",
	"_driver",
	"_arrayofvehicle"
];

_vehicles = [];

[b]while { true } do {
	if(count _vehicles < 2) then {
		_plane = ["RHIB", "RHIB2Turret"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
		_arrayofvehicle =[[500,500, 0], 0, _plane , east] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
		_vehicle = (_arrayovehicle select 0);
		wcgarbage = [_vehicle] spawn WC_fnc_vehiclehandler;
		_vehicles = _vehicles + [(_arrayovehicle select 0)];
		_driver = ((_arrayofvehicle select 1) select 0);
		wcgarbage = [_driver] spawn WC_fnc_airpatrol;
	};[/b]
	{
		if!(alive _x) then {
			_vehicles = _vehicles - [_x];
		};
	}foreach _vehicles;
	sleep 240;
};

Can u explain that while loop? does _plane mean the boat is like randomly falling out of the sky and then it's driving on the water? that would explain why it exploded in the forest :) i don't get that while loop, i don't understand, how a boat is being spawned

is sea patrol actually working? i used it on thirsk, but while doing the mission, i found a rhib with 2 blufor guys in a forest. Boat was burned down, soldiers were dead. Why was that boat manned with blufor, and why was it in the forest :) ??

if (!isServer) exitWith{};

private [
	"_vehicle",
	"_vehicles",
	"_plane",
	"_driver",
	"_arrayofvehicle"
];

_vehicles = [];

[b]while { true } do {
	if(count _vehicles < 2) then {
		_plane = ["RHIB", "RHIB2Turret"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
		_arrayofvehicle =[[500,500, 0], 0, _plane , east] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
		_vehicle = (_arrayovehicle select 0);
		wcgarbage = [_vehicle] spawn WC_fnc_vehiclehandler;
		_vehicles = _vehicles + [(_arrayovehicle select 0)];
		_driver = ((_arrayofvehicle select 1) select 0);
		wcgarbage = [_driver] spawn WC_fnc_airpatrol;
	};[/b]
	{
		if!(alive _x) then {
			_vehicles = _vehicles - [_x];
		};
	}foreach _vehicles;
	sleep 240;
};

Can u explain that while loop? does _plane mean the boat is like randomly falling out of the sky and then it's driving on the water? that would explain why it exploded in the forest :) i don't get that while loop, i don't understand, how a boat is being spawned

lo,

i don't know cause there is no boat on takistan :) this feature was only used on capraia island. :yay:

anyother reports ? :D

We have the problem of a continuing red screen after death.

If we disable the option, we get a black screen.

Maybe its caused by the ACE-version?!

normaly not, cause we already play also with ace. It s very strange ???

Code34, this Wit it's simply fantastic, excelent job. Can i ask you to make a WiC = War in Chernarus!? I love this WiT and the longevety it's fenomenal, but i'm getting a little bit tired of desert sand. :D

Keep up the excelent job for the comunity!

Edited by Nuno Basto

code34, whether its possible to make distribution of players on roles, for example, leader, machinegunner, sniper, pilot ets. With limited access to the weapon? And remove recruit AI?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this issue, but me and a buddy of mine were playing this on my dedicated server last night for about 3 hours, and about an hour and a half to two hours into it we started noticing some weird desync issues. Basically what was happening was my buddy would seen enemy units that I didn't see, and visa versa. They were full on ghost units too, where they'd fire at whoever could see them, and kill them, and we'd get points for shooting them like a regular unit. For example, we were rolling up on a town in an abrahms, and I called out an enemy shilka at 12 o'clock for him to engage. He couldn't see it, but I could clearly, so he blind fired. It didn't destroy it, but damaged it to where it's driver exited the shilka, and he could see the driver of the shilka just "appear" out of nowhere. Any ideas?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this issue, but me and a buddy of mine were playing this on my dedicated server last night for about 3 hours, and about an hour and a half to two hours into it we started noticing some weird desync issues. Basically what was happening was my buddy would seen enemy units that I didn't see, and visa versa. They were full on ghost units too, where they'd fire at whoever could see them, and kill them, and we'd get points for shooting them like a regular unit. For example, we were rolling up on a town in an abrahms, and I called out an enemy shilka at 12 o'clock for him to engage. He couldn't see it, but I could clearly, so he blind fired. It didn't destroy it, but damaged it to where it's driver exited the shilka, and he could see the driver of the shilka just "appear" out of nowhere. Any ideas?
i cannot confirm that issue and i play this mission for ages..no clue

I'm playing a modified version of this right now..if anybody wants to join a coop game, filter for TGW in lobby ..cheers

it seems to be a game issue. Enemy are sync between cliend and serveur. It can happens when players don't have addons like other or servers.

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

code34, whether its possible to make distribution of players on roles, for example, leader, machinegunner, sniper, pilot ets. With limited access to the weapon? And remove recruit AI?

it already exists some custom version that use that kind of feature. Look across the server during the night, you will find them ;)

could you add a parameter pilots can fly , everybody can fly ? so admin chooses in the lobby that only pilots can fly ? and what another guy said before, the time skip instant skip or fast forward with that black/white screen and the accelerated time

could you add a parameter pilots can fly , everybody can fly ? so admin chooses in the lobby that only pilots can fly ? and what another guy said before, the time skip instant skip or fast forward with that black/white screen and the accelerated time

Normaly, only team members can already fly (in game running parameter :) )

Edited by code34

Also one thing that me and buddy tried, when i updated to your latest version to keep my ports up to date, on takistan, we had to steal documents without being discovered. so he sneaked in, he changed clothes in base. He found the documents, but he did not get any action menu entry or hint to take em. Can you try that and look into it, or did you even try to do the mission with changed clothes? Otherwise i may screwed up a part of the code.

What i also found out, when i'm changing clothes, i can not use ACRE direct communication anymore. I can talk via radio, but direct isn't working. I have to figure out, how the scipt is changing the identity of the player in the netcode maybe..

Also one thing that me and buddy tried, when i updated to your latest version to keep my ports up to date, on takistan, we had to steal documents without being discovered. so he sneaked in, he changed clothes in base. He found the documents, but he did not get any action menu entry or hint to take em. Can you try that and look into it, or did you even try to do the mission with changed clothes? Otherwise i may screwed up a part of the code.

What i also found out, when i'm changing clothes, i can not use ACRE direct communication anymore. I can talk via radio, but direct isn't working. I have to figure out, how the scipt is changing the identity of the player in the netcode maybe..

i also reproduce the bug yesterday, i will look how to fix it.

Instead others, takistan civilians are not kind of class "Man. I don t know why as it's a parent class for all men.

For the ACRE, it's certainly the same kind of bug in ACRE (i won t correct this one this time ;) ).

I think if you fix the bug it will be automatically fixed for ACRE :) , but ACRE is not that important for that single mission, solving the mission with changed clothes is important, otherwise that feature doesn't make any sense

I think if you fix the bug it will be automatically fixed for ACRE :) , but ACRE is not that important for that single mission, solving the mission with changed clothes is important, otherwise that feature doesn't make any sense

yes i m agree with you. I have to think about that :) sorry for the time, it takes cause i m out of time currently

A greeting code34, WIT is a fantastic mission.

I'm working on a version of WIT 1.40 ACE mod for FFAA.

I have two questions that I can not solve, the first is that the engineers of FFAA mod can not approach the IEDs that explode them, or what is the same WIT does not recognize them as engineers,

The second is that FFAA units do not work to recruit IA, and besides, I can get it to recruit AI mod FFAA instead of U.S. ARMY?

Thank you.