Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

Sleep;1896807']Just incase you forgot the front page of the thread had the b versions still posted.

I dl'ed it by accident is why im sayin.:D

yeah, normaly, i only put the pair version not the intermediate mission on the main page :D

as usual very good job code34:D;), version ace should be ready for tonight

Everything worked great for us btw. Good work

Also the repair pad isnt reloading chaff/flares on the choppers

is it a ACE feature ?:eek:

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Sleep;1897589']Everything worked great for us btw. Good work

Nice :D

is it a ACE feature ?:eek:

No idea i just play here and leave that sort of stuff up to you guys... :p

I will release a new intermediate version today cause i saw problem with last ACE version and destruction mission.

I'm sorry but ACE developpers tune each week some parameters relative to dammage of objects like snatchel.

By the past, the ACE dammage threshold was over 0.45. Currently, it is at 0.38. I fixed the limit at 0.4 last week (week before 0.5) and it seems to be again too high for last release. For this release, it will be at 0.3.

The side effect creates bugs in mission like indestructible object (radio tower).

Because i m lazy to support thoses kind of problems and i m not able to do a specific version for each tunes and require sa lot of editor skill, i think i will in the future, let s some guys do the ACE version.

Perhaps Eight ?

Edited by code34

you can find last ace version with fix here 1.20E :D

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20226745/ac_war_in_takistan120e_ace.takistan.pbo

it fix also other thing like :

- add ace engineer & medic class

- add cheat mode - more easy for newbies player

- fix ace snatchel bug

- fix truck reinforcment

- fix defend mission - truck reinforcment

Edited by code34

i´m getting abit confused with the versions here lol,atm playing 1.20b - whats up with the "c" version? Guess its ACE related,so 1.20b is the way to go without ACE?

a few thing i noticed playing:

- option to pick up enemy gear isnt available anymore? when i check gear only my weapons/gear shows up in the list

- the rate of reinforcements is ridicoulous,i just played a mission where every 7-8min new,even stronger forces reinforced the city working like a swiss clockwork - i think i disabled 4 ZU23 trucks,a few BRDMs,one Shilka,some V3Ss but if you dont have a AT factory at your six it can get hard

Dont get me wrong,but its just impossible to succeed on your own on such conditions (yea i know mission is about teamplay but on a empty server playing alone it can be a pain hehe)

- whats up with all the smokes and explosions going off around you time to time? part of the UPSMON script?

- i still got issues to identify armed civs as enemy,as u stated its depended on the fame u receive ... but is it possible to have them have their weapons covered as long they r friendly/undecided towards you?

So once u kill to much civs they take out their weapons and start engaging you? Would make it easier to judge em

still,great mission

*thumbs up*

Version with a letter at end are intermediate and not official, only for testing purpose. You should use d or e version.

- option to pick up enemy gear isnt available anymore? when i check gear only my weapons/gear shows up in the list

edit: it will be fix in next release

- the rate of reinforcements is ridicoulous,i just played a mission where every 7-8min new,even stronger forces reinforced the city working like a swiss clockwork - i think i disabled 4 ZU23 trucks,a few BRDMs,one Shilka,some V3Ss but if you dont have a AT factory at your six it can get hard

I will back later on this subject.

- whats up with all the smokes and explosions going off around you time to time? part of the UPSMON script?

Nothing change, i used the warcontext engine. For some mission it happens for other not :D

- i still got issues to identify armed civs as enemy,as u stated its depended on the fame u receive ... but is it possible to have them have their weapons covered as long they r friendly/undecided towards you?

Just point them with your weapon, and they will put theirs hand over theirs heads and remove theirs weapons.

Edited by code34

"- the rate of reinforcements is ridicoulous,i just played a mission where every 7-8min new,even stronger forces reinforced the city working like a swiss clockwork - i think i disabled 4 ZU23 trucks,a few BRDMs,one Shilka,some V3Ss but if you dont have a AT factory at your six it can get hard"

Can confirm this, i had 3 shots the carl gustav, used them before i even got to the mission.. and then there were still 3-5 vehicels from reinforcements.

Love the way that there comes Infantry as reinforcements. but the rate that armor arrieves. are so freaking insane...

Lastest unofficial version 1.20 G - for testing purpose

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20232876/ac_war_in_takistan120g_ace.takistan.pbo

There was a balancing force since the last intermediate version but (..)

It's easier to complete mission before reinforcment force arrive. They leave their bases when the detection threshold is at 100%

If they arrive in the location where you are, you should consider the mission as failed. If not, you can begin a war against an army ! You can do it for fun or for teamplay score but don't forget that your group is not an army (..)

The only advice i can give you is to success or cancel mission, as soon as possible.

It's the way of the simulation mode, no one can win when reinforcment attack, cause there is so much casualty that the team score go to hell and the game ends !

You have to keep in mind, one of the better way to win is :

- prepare your mission

- be stealth

- be concentrate on your goal !

If you are not interested by the simulation mode, you can use the arcade mode.

In the new version arcade mode is easier for players. They are less vulnerable to dammage so the game is more savage, you can fight against reinforcment and do nasty thing and perphas more like we see in other cooperation game ! :D

Edited by code34

Is this version ONLY ACE now code34 .... seems to say in the download.

it s only a version for testing purpose. Sometimes with ace, sometimes not depending of things to test. :D

Code34, you made an amazing mission! Great work!

I got two ideas. If you play on a open server, or play with more arcade style players then they will decrease your statistic and score, and you cant do anything to prevent it. Because of that, can you make an option for dedicate slots, and could you make another option for squad based pointing system?

Code34, you made an amazing mission! Great work!

I got two ideas. If you play on a open server, or play with more arcade style players then they will decrease your statistic and score, and you cant do anything to prevent it. Because of that, can you make an option for dedicate slots, and could you make another option for squad based pointing system?

Hi, can you give more informations about the squad based pointing system , what is this function ? :D

Hi, can you give more informations about the squad based pointing system , what is this function ? :D

Just like the already used, point system, but on squad level.

I don't know how the inner squad management works, but if you can override the mission squad system where you choose your place at the login, then this would be the best solution. If you would join a server with yours friends, you could create your own squad (as you can now with the inner squad management) with your friends and so with the already online groups, all of you could work together for the main goal. But the pointing system would apply only on squad level so if the other group messed up something (die, and respawn, or something like that) your group wouldn't get any minus points, only if the mission you accepted is failed then you would get minuses too.

(sorry for my bad english) :)

I use spacebar as my look around key now everytime i look around my character jumps..can i turn that off?

I use spacebar as my look around key now everytime i look around my character jumps..can i turn that off?

i will look for that :D

The jump key is assigned to "user action 15" in command menu in next release :D

Just like the already used, point system, but on squad level.

I don't know how the inner squad management works, but if you can override the mission squad system where you choose your place at the login, then this would be the best solution. If you would join a server with yours friends, you could create your own squad (as you can now with the inner squad management) with your friends and so with the already online groups, all of you could work together for the main goal. But the pointing system would apply only on squad level so if the other group messed up something (die, and respawn, or something like that) your group wouldn't get any minus points, only if the mission you accepted is failed then you would get minuses too.

(sorry for my bad english) :)

management team include in next release

Thanks code.. Its unplayable for me at the moment with that jump thing.

ok the release 1.22 is on the way :D

changelog:

- add change clothes player capicitee

- add ace engineer & medic class

- add new sides mission (now over 70 missions !)

- add management team barrack for admin

- add jump key (assign it via custom key -> user action 15) and more resistant players

- add some hint informations

- add new Ei8ght FOB (Thanks to him)

- fix ace snatchel bug

- fix truck reinforcment

- fix defend mission - truck reinforcment

- fix : enemy weapons that disapear

Edited by code34

More informations about the 1.22 release:

Players to join the team have to be registered by the admin through the manage team menu at the barracks at base.

Admin have to recruit them. When a player is not in the team, his rank is mercenary and he can not win points.

Mercenarys can not loose points for team.

Other informations:

- Arcade mode is easier than before. Soldiers can survive to several hits, and can jump with custom key : user action 15.

- players now see when they are injured, they saw red flash.

Give me a feed back about the ACE version, i hope there will not again a new dammage bug :D