Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

It s not a problem as open server can vote for an admin :D

#vote admin (name/ID/PLR#) Users can vote an admin to control the server

Hmm, we are running an open server, but voting isn't allowed on our server for many good reasons. So to run this mission we have to allow voting, but even then many players don't know how to vote and they also not know why they should vote, because there is no other mission, that I know, that need admin to play. So players are not trained in this.

This mission is now very good for well organized teams, where everybody knows each other, but on open servers the most players are not organized and playing often for their own. So if you really want to make a popular mission like domination it is, you need to support all new/unexperienced players better.

To do so, it would be better to have more than one team on a server for open playing. There are two reasons for:

1. A well organized team don't want to play with a noob, that even starting this game and would only help to degrade the team.

2. A new player mostly like to check out things on their own, also to not disturb/destroy the plans of another players.

So the best solution would be, when a new player could choose to open his own team (and being leader) or ask another leader to join his team. Every team leader have to approve new team members, when they ask to join.

With this option this mission could also be played as team competition, where players could show how good their teams are. And you don't need an admin anymore :yay:

Edited by Joe_Cool

Is player ranking not working in arcade mode ? Why ?

Hmm, we are running an open server, but voting isn't allowed on our server for many good reasons. So to run this mission we have to allow voting, but even then many players don't know how to vote and they also not know why they should vote, because there is no other mission, that I know, that need admin to play. So players are not trained in this.

This mission is now very good for well organized teams, where everybody knows each other, but on open servers the most players are not organized and playing often for their own. So if you really want to make a popular mission like domination it is, you need to support all new/unexperienced players better.

To do so, it would be better to have more than one team on a server for open playing. There are two reasons for:

1. A well organized team don't want to play with a noob, that even starting this game and would only help to degrade the team.

2. A new player mostly like to check out things on their own, also to not disturb/destroy the plans of another players.

So the best solution would be, when a new player could choose to open his own team (and being leader) or ask another leader to join his team. Every team leader have to approve new team members, when they ask to join.

With this option this mission could also be played as team competition, where players could show how good their teams are. And you don't need an admin anymore :yay:

Currently i have no answers for you, i have to think about it. :yay:

If you want an open game in arcade mode, you can add this piece of code at the end of WC_fnc_serverside.sqf.

if(wckindofgame == "arcade") then {

[] spawn {

private ["_array"];

while { true } do {

_array = [];

{

_array = _array + [name _x];

}foreach playableUnits;

wcinteam = _array;

publicvariable "wcinteam";

sleep 60;

};

};

};

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Is player ranking not working in arcade mode ? Why ?

The ranking works only when you are a member of the team. (arcarde or simulation)

Edited by code34

A suggestion. Not sure if you have a Dev Heaven setup for this project (that would make it easier for people to report bugs and easier for you to track them)

When playing with a small group, sometimes we'll lose our transportation after arriving at the objective. If there's anyway the top 3 ranking members could call for an AI helicopter evac that would be perfect.

We've found ourselves stranded multiple times out in the middle of no where due to reinforcments coming in from behind and blowing up whatever vehicles we took to get there (humvees, blackhawks)

If you could somehow make it so a radio support call could be made for an AI pilot to fly in an Evac Blackhawk that would cool.

A suggestion. Not sure if you have a Dev Heaven setup for this project (that would make it easier for people to report bugs and easier for you to track them)

When playing with a small group, sometimes we'll lose our transportation after arriving at the objective. If there's anyway the top 3 ranking members could call for an AI helicopter evac that would be perfect.

We've found ourselves stranded multiple times out in the middle of no where due to reinforcments coming in from behind and blowing up whatever vehicles we took to get there (humvees, blackhawks)

If you could somehow make it so a radio support call could be made for an AI pilot to fly in an Evac Blackhawk that would cool.

lo, you can use this url:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/wc-warcontext

"You are not authorized to access this page."

:(

oops are you logged ?

it should work now :D

oops are you logged ?

it should work now :D

Cool works! I've already put up some suggestions (and one bug that was suppose to be a feature request, sorry!)

I'll see if I can add anything else.

Cool works! I've already put up some suggestions (and one bug that was suppose to be a feature request, sorry!)

I'll see if I can add anything else.

don't post too much things can i have all ready a big list !!!! :yay: :D

I don't know if its been discussed but is it possible to use the ACE Wounding system instead of the R3F Revive scripts?

don't post too much things can i have all ready a big list !!!! :yay: :D

haha! It's fine they're just little things I've either mentioned before or crazy ideas I had for the future :)

Dev-heaven really is a good way to track everything though, and I figure the more ideas the better!

I don't know if its been discussed but is it possible to use the ACE Wounding system instead of the R3F Revive scripts?

There are already some customs missions of wit on internet that use the ace wounding system :D (not officialy support), try to look for wit full ace or perhpas a BWMOD version.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

haha! It's fine they're just little things I've either mentioned before or crazy ideas I had for the future :)

Dev-heaven really is a good way to track everything though, and I figure the more ideas the better!

perhaps, but there is not enough people that know how to use it. Forum is easier than tracker.

Edited by code34

This is an awesome mission. The clan I'm in was looking for something just like this, and this is just perfect. Everybody here is loving it.

However, many of our clan members are having minor difficulties with the mission since we're a non-english speaking clan and not many of us are fluent in English. There are lots of request for mission translation, so, er... we'd like to localize this mission if its ok with you.

Code I noticed done major problems after switching clothes.

One is that points are unlimited and you can keep giving them. Eventually you have negative points to give

Second was that after switching back the groups were all messed up. Squad leaders changed.

Third was after switching back I could not recruit AI. I was a colonel rank too.

This is an awesome mission. The clan I'm in was looking for something just like this, and this is just perfect. Everybody here is loving it.

However, many of our clan members are having minor difficulties with the mission since we're a non-english speaking clan and not many of us are fluent in English. There are lots of request for mission translation, so, er... we'd like to localize this mission if its ok with you.

Of course, can you send me your stringtable.csv file after that ? I will introduce it in the future release :D (except R3F script translation, cause there will be an update in the next release and the string are not anymore in stringtable)

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Code I noticed done major problems after switching clothes.

One is that points are unlimited and you can keep giving them. Eventually you have negative points to give

Second was that after switching back the groups were all messed up. Squad leaders changed.

Third was after switching back I could not recruit AI. I was a colonel rank too.

Ok i will look for that :yay:

Edited by code34

i work in the new full ace version;)

i work in the new full ace version;)

I certainly look forward to that. :)

Is there a problem with the "Combat operation plan" BIS_fnc_infoText ?

After logging in as Admin and selecting a mission, the text still pops up for every player continuously.

Hey Code,

two things:

1) Can you give me a text document of your current User Manual? That way I can easily copy and paste and change it to a better english version.

2) How hard would it be to convert this mission to another map? I'm not asking you to do it, but say if I wanted to, what steps would I need to take?

Is there a problem with the "Combat operation plan" BIS_fnc_infoText ?

After logging in as Admin and selecting a mission, the text still pops up for every player continuously.

What version do you use ? :eek:

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Hey Code,

two things:

1) Can you give me a text document of your current User Manual? That way I can easily copy and paste and change it to a better english version.

you can use this file:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20326915/manual.rar

2) How hard would it be to convert this mission to another map? I'm not asking you to do it, but say if I wanted to, what steps would I need to take?

it's not an easy question that can have on uniq answer here.

On a map like chernarus or takistan:

copy all markers and playable units on the map

for other map, you should certainly have to modify the code & string

Thanks for the manual. I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. Any word on when the next version of WIT will come out?

As for porting the mission, I'll see what I can do. I would love it if I could play this map on Fallujah. So you're saying I'd have to change some code around? I'm not too experienced on code, but I have ported Bon's mission to Lingor before.

What version do you use ? :eek:

problem occured in version 1.24

I'm not sure if this is a rare incident or a bug, but when we were playing the final mission, 'eliminate the enemy leader' mission, the enemy leader was invincible. Nothing would kill him, we tried running him over with vehicles, blasting with AT launchers and hundreds of headshots but he was like a super-zombie. Just wouldn't die lol.

We were playing the latest version of the mission with ace mod.

problem occured in version 1.24

The problem is that i don't understand the bug :D can you post me a screenshot or give more details ?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Thanks for the manual. I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. Any word on when the next version of WIT will come out?

As for porting the mission, I'll see what I can do. I would love it if I could play this map on Fallujah. So you're saying I'd have to change some code around? I'm not too experienced on code, but I have ported Bon's mission to Lingor before.

normaly in few hours :D

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I'm not sure if this is a rare incident or a bug, but when we were playing the final mission, 'eliminate the enemy leader' mission, the enemy leader was invincible. Nothing would kill him, we tried running him over with vehicles, blasting with AT launchers and hundreds of headshots but he was like a super-zombie. Just wouldn't die lol.

We were playing the latest version of the mission with ace mod.

Ok fix in the next release :D

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

here the changelog of the v1.26:

+ add conditionnal code to choose revive method

+ add a tab logs

+ add close button to management team

+ add close button to check operation plan

+ add open server parameter at lobby

+ delete sand bag on middle of road

+ add hint for recruitment messages

+ add somes translations

+ add spectator mode at hq board

+ add friendly ia marker

+ add btr for reinforcment

+ add somes recrutment texts

+ add securing airport zone mission

+ add destroy commando group side mission

+ add a convoy side mission

+ add random generator position instead of town locations

+ add an additionnal place for chopper at base

+ add an addons check hint

+ fix the marker bug when unflip vehicle

+ update r3f log & artillery

+ ia west medic can heal player and group

+ replace the middle screen message share point by a hint

+ fix a debug invulnerability feature

+ fix grave ia bug

+ fix dammage player in arcade mode when player are in vehicles

+ fix change clotes - transfert point

+ fix negative transfert points

+ fix ia leader when change clothes

very important information:

Support ACE new weapons request me too much times, so the only way now to uses ACE weapons is to use the autoload feature in the lobby parameter. I m sorry for this bad news, and i hope you will understand this.

Edited by code34

Good job! Can't wait to try it.