Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

just upload the lastest version of the WIT on dev heavean :D

changelog:

- i don't remember all the fixes that i applied cause there is too much :D

- add & fixes all netcode for more players

This release is normaly more stable than other before.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/wc-warcontext/files

feedbacks are welcome !

Edited by code34

thanks for the wcwithinjuredeffect param, should fix the redscreen prob. :thanx:

Btw thought I let you know, by the ACE Version is "ACE" in the missionname missing. No big thing though, might cause confused players when non ace users try to connect on ace servers.

Just played a few minutes on v1.36,some things i noticed:

- Obj Text Marker Parameter doesnt seem to work,i got it disabled and still got the text on the map screen

- Team Parameter > Open Server/Admin chooses Members

well,i dislike this selection for simple reasons - you only can have either a open server,so anyone is a instant team member and there is no possibility to remove a guy starting shit back to Merceneray team,yea i could of use the Admin chooses Members but i dont want to be logged in all the time

Therefor i would prefer a Remove from team option for the admin when having OPEN SERVER active

- Choosing a mission

on this you only have 2 options,either the game decides a mission or a admin does,but i would prefer one more option > Team decides on missions

This would be great for servers where a admin isnt available at that time,giving the players the choice of which mission would of been suitable

Lettting the game decide the mission is more for the simulation mode pro´ players imho :D

Great work as usual,two thumbs up again

thanks for the wcwithinjuredeffect param, should fix the redscreen prob. :thanx:

Btw thought I let you know, by the ACE Version is "ACE" in the missionname missing. No big thing though, might cause confused players when non ace users try to connect on ace servers.

oops i will upload replacement mission :D:D

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

- Obj Text Marker Parameter doesnt seem to work,i got it disabled and still got the text on the map screen

Yes :D in fact there is 2 parameters position:

- first one the marker is in the center of the red zone (but you can see it)

- second one the marker is directly on the target

i can add a third parameter without marker

- Team Parameter > Open Server/Admin chooses Members

well,i dislike this selection for simple reasons - you only can have either a open server,so anyone is a instant team member and there is no possibility to remove a guy starting shit back to Merceneray team,yea i could of use the Admin chooses Members but i dont want to be logged in all the time

If i understand well what you want, you can already do it :yay:

In open server mode since few versions, the admin can also fired members of the team in the team management menu.

- Choosing a mission

on this you only have 2 options,either the game decides a mission or a admin does,but i would prefer one more option > Team decides on missions

This would be great for servers where a admin isnt available at that time,giving the players the choice of which mission would of been suitable

Lettting the game decide the mission is more for the simulation mode pro´ players imho :D

Currently,it s the 3 players most ranked of the team that can decide of wich mission will be played next. Your admin is each time one of this 3 players :yay:

Edited by code34

Um how about a less PC intensive intro, and a parameter to remove all movie mission clips ? besides that she is great.

Um how about a less PC intensive intro,

What do you mean ? You can skip intro with tab key ! :yay:

For the developers information, "War In Takistan" mission join github website (as it's already happen for warcontext a long time ago).

You can use the git repository for your personnal use or just to follow the last code updates :D

https://github.com/code34/war-in-takistan

if you have a good skill in arma development, i can also add you to the project as contributor for the next wit release.

Edited by code34

Hi, im mainly a SP kind of guy, but these missions seem too cool to miss out on. Is there ANY way to convert this to a SP game with AI squad teammates??

i got the source code and tried enabling Ai, but they act all wonky, and the mission wont let me recruit from the barracks because im just a private. I have no scripting experience- so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe a way to change the script to increase my rank?

also. i have AI mods loaded, will this mission use it?

Hi, im mainly a SP kind of guy, but these missions seem too cool to miss out on. Is there ANY way to convert this to a SP game with AI squad teammates??

i got the source code and tried enabling Ai, but they act all wonky, and the mission wont let me recruit from the barracks because im just a private. I have no scripting experience- so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe a way to change the script to increase my rank?

also. i have AI mods loaded, will this mission use it?

you just have to use the lobby parameter concerning the recruitment with or without rank :D

normaly, yes for the ai mods.

Nice one :D congrats

was definitely worth the time, awesome mp mode! Would be cool, if you could pm me some time before another update gets released, so i can adjust the baf version just in time.

Don't know about the requests about the baf version, there haven't been any comments yet. I have another version for the BW mod ready, but it's kinda laggy sometimes, dunno why.

was definitely worth the time, awesome mp mode! Would be cool, if you could pm me some time before another update gets released, so i can adjust the baf version just in time.

Don't know about the requests about the baf version, there haven't been any comments yet. I have another version for the BW mod ready, but it's kinda laggy sometimes, dunno why.

the simple & best way is to follow the development through git repository ;) you can see the difference between new and oldest version. :yay:

Yes.

When? :)

ps:

Can u simply remove that 'logo' in the upper left corner

that blocks my weapons' range setting, so that i don't

have to un-pbo it everytime to comment out the line

//wcgarbage=[]spawnWC_fnc_debug:

And the AI teammates really have a hard time getting

out of that area where the ammo boxes are.

other than those ... WIT has been PERFECT for my uses! :)

Edited by dondaddah

And the AI teammates really have a hard time getting

out of that area where the ammo boxes are.

can u give more informations ? :D

nothing else concerning the environment ?

hmm, it's kinda strange; when you enter a vehicle that the enviromental sound stops.

Something else; I've seen in your code, that you have the PMC guys in there too, but I haven't seen any ingame, no matter which settings (w/o takis/russians) I choose. Would be cool, if PMC could be selected via an extra param.

hmm, it's kinda strange; when you enter a vehicle that the enviromental sound stops.

Something else; I've seen in your code, that you have the PMC guys in there too, but I haven't seen any ingame, no matter which settings (w/o takis/russians) I choose. Would be cool, if PMC could be selected via an extra param.

Just try to enter into your car, close the door and let s try to hear the birds !

Now , just try to imagine what s happen when you are in a fighting chopper or armor :D

For pmc, i only support in next release arrowhead content :yay: all other can be load through autoload feature or by editing the code :yay:

Just try to enter into your car, close the door and let s try to hear the birds

well, i can hear them, engine is still turned off :D

What? Ahhhh you must have the windows open in your car normally :)

AirCon was invented for a reason ... keep them windows closed = no environmental sounds !

other thing ? I'm surprise there s no request about the environment ! :D