Sign in to follow this  
GTDAWG

Ok its been a week plus since the patches

when are they gonna fix the multiplayer problems????????????????????

both arma2 and OA no multiplayer.

if i do try and log in or select multiplayer the game freezes

MP does work as it should, but I noticed a massive drop in servers and Players online.

I get to walk through solid objects like tanks thanks to 1.55

Feels like a WHOLE new game. The possibilities of hiding in an enemy tank and it not being able to shoot me is fun.

sounds like i gotta reinstall both games????

thks bis!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::mad:

Sounds like BattlEye problem; search the forum for BattlEye should bring up some hits, incl the hotfix for BE.

Also the latest available OA beta build also solves some of the reported issues.

Edited by Sickboy

I wouldn't bother GT DAWG, I uninstalled and reinstalled ARMA 2, ARMA 2 OA and BAF the other day and it made no bit of difference. It looks like it is a server issue because I managed to get on a server on Sunday and played for 4 and a half hours without a hitch, but I was immediatly getting kicked and banned off 6 servers before I got on one. If you want to try it I recall it was a German server with "FUN" written in the server name 2 times.

Edited by Sabbath

Just loaded up MP in Arma 2 for the first time in months and everything was working completely fine on my end. What exactly are the issues you expect the patches to fix in this regard?

Just loaded up MP in Arma 2 for the first time in months and everything was working completely fine on my end. What exactly are the issues you expect the patches to fix in this regard?

The ones that were introduced in 1.55

I lost almost all population to my server because most of the people that played there are complaining about these disappearing objects and constant crashes.

The ones that were introduced in 1.55

I lost almost all population to my server because most of the people that played there are complaining about these disappearing objects and constant crashes.

But that's not the issue this thread was created about. Apparently his game freezes when he clicks MP. :confused:

edited...NVM since this topic is not related to the problem i have...to make it short, its not only this MP issue, the problems are all over the forums but BIS let us down ATM

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Reinstalling the game + Reinstalling Battleye = Profit???

If not report back here in more detail what happens and when ;)

Zipper5, the problems I am having are that I am unable to connect to servers running ARMA 2, OA and BAF.

If I try connecting to a creating server it says.

"server load FPS 0, memory used 0 MB, out:0 Kbps in:0 Kbps"

If I try to get on a server allready playing a map I Immediatly get the "you were kicked off the game", "you are banned", or "connecting failed" message.

I have both disc versions of ARMA 2 and OA and downloaded BAF from sprocket.

As I said previously, if I manage to get on a server which I did on Sunday the game runs fine, but it could take me trying over 10 servers before I find one which allows me to play.

I installed the games and the patches only, I don't belive in mods so they are the bog standard games freshly installed from ARMA 2 disk, then ARMA 2 OA disk, then patched to 1.55 which also updates ARMA 2 to 1.08. Then BAF install, then BAF 1.01 patch.

Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Something definately strange here, I just turned off my router firewall and now I have all the servers back that I had when I had 1.54 and 1.07 patch. So IMO the new patch has code in it that doesn't like router firewalls. I just tried connecting to a few creating servers and it still comes up with

"server load FPS 0, memory used 0 MB, out:0 Kbps in:0 Kbps"

I can choose the map and the difficulty then I wait for the 40 seconds to count down and nothing happens.

MP does work as it should, but I noticed a massive drop in servers and Players online.

This. This update has shut-down our server. No one seems to know how to help and we have tried for a week to get it working. No cigar.

I have re-enabled my routers firewall and forwarded the ports 2302 that BIS say work for ARMA 2 (even gone as far as 2300-2400 ) and I have lost most of the servers again.

I could turn off my routers firewall every time I want to have a bash on ARMA2 then turn it back on again afterwards. The problem is my router resets itself after turning the firewall on or off. This in turn makes my connection think there is a problem so it lowers my speed. I am pushing 6 Mbps as it is and now after the router re-setting itself 2 times I am down to 5.5 Mbps.

if you have crashes (both client and server) please either

1. follow the instructions how post bug report ticket on CIT here

it has even sticky here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

or

2. send me email on my nickname @bistudio.com with crashdump files (arma2oa.mdmp arma2oa.bidmp arma2oa.rpt)

and subject should contain [Crash]

and files should be compressed