Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Revive script for ACE2 Wounding system [V1.5]

That is a possibility; columdrum would know more about beta patch compatibility than I would considering he made this. I personally haven't touched a beta patch in months.

There always seem to be so many improvements that I can't stop trying new beta patches..do you think it is generally accepted in the ArmA 2 world to stay away from beta patches? Sorry I don't want to hijack the thread, if you can send me a PM if you want.

I've tried with a respawn time equal to 10, we'll see if this works :)

What happened for a friend of mine was he spawned at boot_hill instead of respawn_west..I confirm all init and description.ext stuff was flawlessly copy/pasted :)

Sorry i was really busy lately, i will take a look at all those issues. I will test them but sounds really weird.

Its like you lost all your lifes, and well rejoining and geting into spectator wasn't any bug... its just that if you lost all your lifes, you are out of the game, rejoining won't let you in, that would be an exploit! :P. And note that if you have respawn disabled( colum_revive_Respawn=false), if the time runs out even if you have lifes left you will lose all( obviusly if respawn is disabled... there is no other option) and you will enter spectator mode. So if that happened, that isn't a bug either.

I will try to release an update next week i already have some minor bugfixes and additions ready.

Edit:

What happened for a friend of mine was he spawned at boot_hill instead of respawn_west..I confirm all init and description.ext stuff was flawlessly copy/pasted :)

Note that both boot_hill and respawn_west are only used as temporal positions while repositioning players, so if he spawn on that point or you found a bug or you forgot to config something. If you are using respawn, you should go to the "configuracion.sqf" and:

1- Allow respawn:

Colum_revive_Respawn=true;

2-Config the respawn points:

Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers= ["respawn1", "respawn2", "respawn3", "respawn4"];

3-Create the respawn markers on the map, in this case you should create a marked called "respawn1" , other "respawn2",....

An that ones will be the ones used for respawning.

If you aren't using respawn... well its imposible that he would spawn anywhere :S, because if someone gets totally killed or he uses the respawn button he will be out of the game and enter spectator :S.

But maybe betas have broken something i will test with it too ^^.

Edited by columdrum

Thanks for the support,

I'll check those variables and marker names out..I've always set just boot_hill and respawn_west, no other respawn points.

I'll let you know,

UPDATE: My mistake was probably NOT adding respawn1, respawn2 and respawn1_west e respawn2_west (at least). The reason is those marker names are referred to in the configuration.sqf file.

I must have misread the readme.txt because I did not know about those at all.

I will let you know if things work better or worse :)

Edited by Reezo

I finally had some time for a small update. So here is version 1.7:

ftp://ts.simulacion-esp.com/Revive17.rar

Changelog:

-Some minor fixes and improvements.

-Now you can add as many respawn positions as you want, not limited to 4 anymore.

-Medevac helicopter uses Mando Heliroute for base positions over the sea, that solves http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1845777&postcount=15

(Credits to Mandoble for that script)

-Included a new configuration option that handles what to do with wounded people in water( more info just above the config option in a comment). There are 4 posibilities: leave it as it was before(the wounded would go to the ocean floor :P), wounded in water== direct kill, move the wounded to the nearest coast or just leave the wounded floating in the water and you can rescue him getting near him with a vehicle( he will automatically enter the vehicle) or swim to him and drag him to the coast.

I still want to do some cleanup to the code and translate some variable names but i had no time to do that. Also the addon version it's 90% done, so next time i have a little free time i will finish it ^^.

More example misions with diferent configurations are coming in few days, so those who don't like to read the documentation can just copy paste :p. I will upload them and post the links here.

As always, any feedback is welcome :)

Edited by columdrum

I'm experiencing the same problems as the other guy, when someone dies they go straight to spectator mode. I've made the init.sqf and description.txt all correct. as well as place the correct modules.

I'm experiencing the same problems as the other guy, when someone dies they go straight to spectator mode. I've made the init.sqf and description.txt all correct. as well as place the correct modules.

-¿Do you have placed the ACE wounding module? if not, do it

- If you have respawn disabled(Colum_revive_Respawn=false; in the configuracion.sqf file), if the countdown time runs out, even if you have lifes left, you will lose all of them and die ( that makes you enter spectator).

Note that once you die totally and you enter the spectator mode, even if you reconnect you will still have 0 lives and you can't play until you restart the mision.

If the problem persist please send me the mision and what do you do, and i will take a look at it :confused:.

Edited by columdrum

Bit of a noobie question. I'm trying to use this script with Domination Ace Wounds. Problem I'm having is that I want to add the option to click respawn and be shown Dominations defuat respawn screen but I can't figure out how to do it.

Bit of a noobie question. I'm trying to use this script with Domination Ace Wounds. Problem I'm having is that I want to add the option to click respawn and be shown Dominations defuat respawn screen but I can't figure out how to do it.

Hi, i haven't almost any free time lately so i left this a little abandoned. About adding the revive to the domi... well here a fast edited version for the domi. Haven't been tested much so may have some error but it should basically work:

Revive for domination

Just add the revive folder to the mission(if it isn't the wounds version, add the ace wounds module too), and add to init.sqf:

[1000] execvm "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf";

(1000) for unlimited lives, any other to a limited number... but only tested with unlimited :P.

Edited by columdrum

Let's say I have 10 playable units (disabledAI=true), is it possible to set the lives in the init based on how many players that actually join?, like

[players*2] =execVM "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf";

or even better, make the lives individual for each unit? and not side.

cheers!

Let's say I have 10 playable units (disabledAI=true), is it possible to set the lives in the init based on how many players that actually join?, like

[players*2] =execVM "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf";

or even better, make the lives individual for each unit? and not side.

cheers!

You can easy do both for example:

[playersNumber*2] =execVM "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf";

(playersnumber returns the current number of players)

Or for lives for each unit(NOTE: once you have selected a unit, you will have his lives, and even if you change slot you will keep that number of lives, its done on purpose to avoid slot jumpers in pvp games ¬¬)

waituntil{!isnull player};

_numlives= switch true do {
 case (player == unit1) : {3};
 case (player == unit2) : {5};
 case (player == unit3) : {1};
 // .....................................................................
 default            {2};
};

[_numlives] execVM "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf";

Haven't tested it but should work , obviusly you can use other names for units instead of unit1, unit2 ,....

BTW i havent forgotend the module version or the mision exampes, it's just that i never get the time to end them :P

Edited by columdrum

Is it possibly to have this setting to false and get the button that enable you to choose your own respawn position at the same time? If I enable this I get the buttons, however, I don't want players able to look at the surroundings while while down.

//If true, spectator will be activated wile uncons, if false you will see a black screen while uncons.

ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = false;

Is it possibly to have this setting to false and get the button that enable you to choose your own respawn position at the same time? If I enable this I get the buttons, however, I don't want players able to look at the surroundings while while down.

Noted for the next update :rolleyes:, haven't thought about that till now :p

Noted for the next update :rolleyes:, haven't thought about that till now :p

Awesome, thanks :)

Script Updated to 1.8:

Changelog:

*Fixed: now the respawn buttons will appear even with ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = false

+Added:New option to give score for heavily wounding enemy players, so you will be able to have a better track of your achievements at mission end on PvP missions. Before you only were credited when you killed someone that had no lifes left.

+Added: New option to punish with 1 life if someone disconnects while unconscious( to avoid posible exploits of reconnecters ¬¬)

+Added : Experimental(still not fully tested, but working) saving player position, gear and wound status on disconnect. This will be restored on reconnect. You can enable or disable it via config file as all the other options

*Replaced a lot of CBA_fnc_globalExecute with CBA_fnc_globalEvent and also some other of the new CBA functions used.

*Most of the text is together so its easier to translate. Still no stringtable tough.

And as always a lot of minor fixes and optimizations.

I had some more things planned( like more example misions and a module version) but they were delaying the release too long, so i decided to release all the improvements that where already done.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xztomwmzz37m3r

Mirrors are welcomed

Edited by columdrum

Mini update with a hotfix 1.8.1:

+Fixed, auto adding the medic backpack no longer puts parachutes "on back" slot. Now the backpack its added on back always if the unit have a secondaryweapon by default.

+Changed, "heavy wound" yourself no longer gives you -1 score if scoring enabled. That caused sometimes that AI shoot you if you had comited suicide once ^^.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5dfsdq7r8c4c0o

Another hotfix release 1.8.2:

- Removed the use of ScriptDone scripting command. Seems that this bug is kicking again on 1.60 :s

+ Added, now ACE "weapon on back" its also saved if DisconectSave option its active.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0x45xiyc5v5a7xy

Edited by columdrum

Hi

First of all: your script is EXCELLENT. Finally I can use the ACE wounding system just like Norrin's revive. Thank you for your work!

I have only one problem. I have two markers named "teamleader" and "capgolova" with the button texts "Team Leader" and "Cap Golova". When the respawn buttons appear I get the following error message:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/arma2oa2012011907274821.jpg/

What could be the problem?

Hi

First of all: your script is EXCELLENT. Finally I can use the ACE wounding system just like Norrin's revive. Thank you for your work!

I have only one problem. I have two markers named "teamleader" and "capgolova" with the button texts "Team Leader" and "Cap Golova". When the respawn buttons appear I get the following error message:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/arma2oa2012011907274821.jpg/

What could be the problem?

Be sure that in config you have:

Colum_revive_RespawnButton_text = ["Team Leader", "Cap Golova"];

Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers= ["teamleader", "capgolova"];

Found the issue, i will fix it on the next version ;).

EDIT: fixed on 1.9 ^^

Edited by columdrum

And here is the new update.

Version 1.9.

Changelog:

+Disconectsave option now properly saves your position inside the vehicle.

*Fixed the respawn buttons. There were some minor bugs with them.

*Moved the action to call the medevac heli, from mousewheel menu to ACE self-iteration. That should avoid unintentional calls :rolleyes:

*New file organization. Under revive\data you can find a new file called language.sqf that makes translations to any language easier. Maybe i will try to include a proper stringtable, but for now that's enough

*Some other minor fixes and improvements

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d9tykkpva24nwgd