Sign in to follow this  
katdogfizzow

POLL: How many hours have you played?

ArmA2: 1800 hours according to Steam, OA probably 400 hours.

ArmA 2 is an addiction. :D

Been playing since te original OFP came out... went to the computer store one day, and saw this game on a shelf there, all unannounced... I couldn't believe the screenshots on the back of the box really did imply you could DRIVE all those vehicles... took it home the same day, and became totally addicted forever.

I guess that puts me at 10 years game time too :)

On a side note, I find it amazing that this game can be measured is THOUSANDS of hours of play... can you think of any other title on this same genre that even reaches the hundreds? few enough actually make it into dozens...

That's why ArmA stands apart from everything else! It's as close to the all-encompassing-multi-game (a hypothetical game in which you can do anything and everything, thereby completely nullifying the need for playing other games) as anything has ever been.

Cheers

About 6-7 years. I started to play in early 2001, but there have been few lulls moments.

ArmA2 scores maybe about 5-10 hours.

POLL: How many more pointless polls are we gonna see before 2011 ?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Poll...what poll? I wanna poll.

EDIT: NOW!!

Calm down..Calm down...Its been edited. Its now a Query. But dont worry, your vote will count!

On a side note, I find it amazing that this game can be measured is THOUSANDS of hours of play... Cheers

I too find it interesting and amazing how much time we spend in the virtual world...thanks for all your answers, some are incredible...this game has one hell of a future

Edited by katdogfizzow

Since 2001. Way too many hours to count, and they keep on counting. :D

I've played more ArmA 1,2 than you ... :D

Do I get a cookie? ;)

Been playing since te original OFP came out... went to the computer store one day, and saw this game on a shelf there, all unannounced... I couldn't believe the screenshots on the back of the box really did imply you could DRIVE all those vehicles... took it home the same day, and became totally addicted forever.

I guess that puts me at 10 years game time too

On a side note, I find it amazing that this game can be measured is THOUSANDS of hours of play... can you think of any other title on this same genre that even reaches the hundreds? few enough actually make it into dozens...

I agree about ARMA being the only game I could ever play more than 200 hours on. I've got over a thousand in the series now and I still am inspired to play it at least once a day for an hour. That is quite a phenomenon to me. No other game has kept me wanting to play it for that long.

I will solely continue to play this series until codemasters convinces me other wise.

Then you'll play BI games forever :D

I think the question should be how many hours do you not spend playing OFP/Arma1-2-OA. Could be a smaller number. :D

cj

Poll...what poll? I wanna poll.

EDIT: NOW!!

Here is Poll...

2010-09-23-Paul-McCartney-05.jpg

...McCartney

...omg...I guess I should have quit arma and continue my studies instead of the opposite...

Edited by Macadam Cow

371 for ArmA2 and OA. (God bless steam) I can't even count all the hours I spent playing other games from my childhood. So I'd say a good 12 years.

Well, I have no official count unfortunately, since 2002 for me, consistently.

Lets say... 20 hours a week average...

That is probably around 8320 hours?

I commonly do days at a time if I have the time, so the days I'm not playing balance out :P.

Considering when I played BFBC2 for two weeks, and I played it as much as I normally played ArmA2, and that rocked up around 150hrs... who really knows.

Hence, I'd actually guess at my hours being much higher than that... which means my playing time is well over a year...

87660 hours OFP, ArmA, ArmA2, ArmA:OA

With a few breaks, because i have to sleep and to eat sometimes... ;)

:yay:

That is more time than the game has been around for (10 years)... unless your like a zombie or something. :D

This is playing time, no ownership time.

I have played since OFP days and still love it BUT I am now a dad etc and dont get much time to play but when I do ya can be damn sure its on ARMA2/OA :)