Sign in to follow this  
monsterZERO

Let's Play Eagle Wing!

Eheheh... As I was half through the sixth part of your series, I was going to ask here, why don't you save manually from time to time, but then I saw you figured it out. :)

Playing the whole thing through, relying only on autosaves, would not be pleasant for me. I do not have the patience to carefully scan horizon every ~20m, because (as it is evident in your video) it takes 15 minutes to move 300 m.

And yeah... The AI is surreal. That is my criticism of the EW campaign. With the soldiers running around pointlessly (in pairs or triples), the author probably wanted to give the impression, that these soldiers are panicky. This tricks the player to take a more laidback attitude in his initial play. However, these seemingly panicky soldiers have a robot mindset when it comes to spotting enemies and fighting firefights. 2 major issues (at least for me) related to this:

1) As you have experienced in the videos: If you are lying motionlessly in brushwood they will spot you anyway at around 100 m. I imagine humans would only get a chance to spot a motionless camouflaged soldier in brushwood at distances under 50 m - this distance of detection rises dramatically if the soldier starts moving. It's how the brain works - it reacts to motion. But the AI don't see that way. They see through probabilities. And when they spot you on such occasions, it is really annoying, because you can't even return fire properly with all the clutter in front of your eyes.

2) They usually don't need to fire more than 5 shots to kill you (not to mention the sniper/hunting rifles... remember the 'friend' in your video - that was a good one :D). Which ends badly when they are the first to spot you and you don't know where the shots are coming from. They sure are calm/cool shooters.

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but since this is about EW, i thought i'll ask here:

(i put it into spoiler tags, just in case there is someone who didn't yet finished playing EW (or watching it on youtube :))

Q: What am i supposed to do when i get to the Harbor?

When i run to the boat, the russians i was traveling with, turns hostile

(they allways kill me, while i am sitting in the boat waiting for the boat to start moving).

If i stay with the russians, nothing is happening, everybody just stays put.

Also, i would like to know why the russian commander orders his men to kill me when i get to the boat? After all, he told me to get to that boat, so why doesn't he like it suddenly?

He says something like "Kill that american", and then he adds "He doesn't know where the shelter is, he won't help you." ...who doesnt know? me? ok and who won't help? and to whom? I really don't get this dialog :-)

Did i missed something which would explain ...well, anything?

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but since this is about EW, i thought i'll ask here:

(i put it into spoiler tags, just in case there is someone who didn't yet finished playing EW (or watching it on youtube :))

Q: What am i supposed to do when i get to the Harbor?

When i run to the boat, the russians i was traveling with, turns hostile

(they allways kill me, while i am sitting in the boat waiting for the boat to start moving).

If i stay with the russians, nothing is happening, everybody just stays put.

Also, i would like to know why the russian commander orders his men to kill me when i get to the boat? After all, he told me to get to that boat, so why doesn't he like it suddenly?

He says something like "Kill that american", and then he adds "He doesn't know where the shelter is, he won't help you." ...who doesnt know? me? ok and who won't help? and to whom? I really don't get this dialog :-)

Did i missed something which would explain ...well, anything?

It's impossible to escape with the Marine Officer, you have to kill him yourself.

@Blackhawk: thanks, i thought i did something wrong early in the mission and was worried i'll have to restart :)

Part 1 - 1 min 27 .... :n:

http://www.sessionmagazine.com/img/lifestyle/31-best-bideo-game-costumes/31-best-bideo-game-costumes09.jpg

:)

Nice game-play.

Off topic:

Although a link from yours got me to this arma2 "lets play" ... which should be "Lets what a cynical COD idiot play"

Arma 2 Operation Broken Arrow? WTF?

Edited by Zipper5
Quoted image removed

Just to clear up my post that link has nothing to do with this (thats the spoiler reason), I just stumbled on it as it seemed to be another "lets play" style video from a link off this video .. and then the reality of what it was kicked in.

Fish in a barrel really, but I just liked to see a contrast of what the OFP has done and what true idiots are out their but a click away via the tube of you, again nothing related to this thread & video.

The picture was ref OFP lighting up a smoke before play :)

BTW I never realy tried EW campaign, as I thought it was all about flying (not something I seem to gravitate towards in this game although I should do more about that) ... so if it wasn't for this vid I would have now known about the rest of it ... which Is why im playing it again.

@mrcash2009 - I got the reference. Had to skip 1:27 to find out. Yeah, it's a filthy habit, but it helps me relax :p The only time I smoke is when I game really, although sometimes I'll sneak one on my way home in the car after a stressful work day...

You can probably hear me pouring myself a drink several times through the video as well :D

I actually got a kick out of the other LP video you posted. This is exactly how I picture your average console gamer would react when faced with a game like Arma 2. Good for a chuckle, although I hope people don't get the wrong idea about the game from it...

Lol, don't hate on Wolfenstein. That game is FUN as hell... ;)

Anyway, sorry for being a slowpoke on the updates, new videos up, and more inbound!

In the part 7.2, where the commander was kneeling and the soldiers wouldn't move, he actually gave you a VSS Vintorez marksman's rifle (it was on the floor in front of him). It was also mentioned in the chatter, but you overlooked it. :)

Expert, Veterean etc. are pre-set difficulty settings. You can customize your own. I think veteran only gives you 7 saves per mission.

To easily drop items, just double-click them in the gear menu. Or you can use the arrows on the left side (beside the weapon/magazine names). Left arrow = drop one, right arrow = take one.

Expert, Veterean etc. are pre-set difficulty settings. You can customize your own. I think veteran only gives you 7 saves per mission.

In Veteran you can save without any limits, after 7 saves it asks you if you want to overwrite a precedent save of yours.

kind regards

Yes, more is definitely on the way. I think, however, my save game is ruined so I may have to work my way back up to where I was all over again (probably offline). I reformatted my PC a week ago (nasty virus), ensuring to back up my save game folder but when I tried playing again today the game gave me an error when trying to load my save :confused:. I have a feeling it's because there were several patches applied to the game in between backing up my saves and then trying to play them (I have the steam version so patches are downloaded and applied automatically).

Yes, you cannot use save games from previous versions, unfortunately

Cant evem play this campaign after patch:

SPOILER:

When you should shoot those planes down on there base ore when take off....i do that and then nothing happens.

Yes, more is definitely on the way. I think, however, my save game is ruined so I may have to work my way back up to where I was all over again (probably offline). I reformatted my PC a week ago (nasty virus), ensuring to back up my save game folder but when I tried playing again today the game gave me an error when trying to load my save :confused:. I have a feeling it's because there were several patches applied to the game in between backing up my saves and then trying to play them (I have the steam version so patches are downloaded and applied automatically).

You should probably just Player AllowDamage False yourself and run to where you were, picking up a comparable amount of 5.54 magazines on the way.

Hey guy's, more episodes up! I maxed the difficulty up and started over. Part 8 starts where I left off before I reformatted my computer. SOOOOOO HARD with no icons, reticle or map icons, lol. I must have died like 30 times getting back to where I was.

I actually finished the campaign (the end is pretty interesting, lol), but was only able to upload the first two before leaving for the holiday (Thanksgiving in the US). The rest will be uploaded sunday evening.

Any chance for a PMC Let's Play? :)

Also, 8.3 is missing from the proper playlist on Youtube.

Edited by stilpu

Any chance for a PMC Let's Play? :)

Also, 8.3 is missing from the proper playlist on Youtube.

Added 8.3 to the playlist, thanks!

As far as PMC, I will more than likely do an LP of it, but I'm trying to pace myself and do one campaign at a time. It's not so much the recording (that's the fun part) but the rendering and uploading. That takes forever. Plus uploading bogs down my internet speed, which causes my roomate to flip out because he lags during Black ops, lol, so I can really only upload one or two videos a night after he's done... I wish there was some kind of remote uploader app I could use at work from my droid or something.

I am currently doing an LP for Zipper5's 'Operation Cobalt', however. Fun mission so far, really digging it... :bounce3:

I wish there was some kind of remote uploader app I could use at work from my droid or something.

I am currently doing an LP for Zipper5's 'Operation Cobalt', however. Fun mission so far, really digging it... :bounce3:

There are plenty of free VNC and RDP clients for the droid on the market. You would just have to open/forward the necessary ports on your home connection firewall, turn on Remote Desktop and viola.

This is the base campaign (If it counts) made for arma yet including PMC's campaign