Sign in to follow this  
jblack9

Problem: Long time after death?

Hey All,

I've got a small and annoying problem and didn't know where this should go.

So after I get shot or killed in a mission. It keeps playing for 5-8 minutes (with my character lying flat on the ground), before it finally fades to red and the revert/team switch/end mission choices come up.

Has anybody else had this problem with the long wait? Does anybody know how to fix it? It drives me crazy. I only play SP

I tend to use alot of mods when playing (here they are in this order) does this have something to do with...

@cba;@ace;@acex;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@gl4;@zcommon;@zextra;@warfx;@asr;@dac;@jtd;@addonsz;@duala;@acex_pla;@ksor_odkb;@rksl;@tf86sealsv1.2;@bwmod;@bwmod_ace;@aaw_oa;@sthud

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jblack9

Seems to be related to ACE Med system....

Seems to be related to ACE Med system....

is this confirmed? Do i need to make sure I use a certain type of med system ? How do i get around it ?

This has happened to me and I don't use ACE, I just think its a game problem. When there is alot going on in the game it must just take a while for it to realize your dead.

Whats happening is that you are not dead, but bleeding out.

It happens when you get hit and, for some reason, the AI wont help you up again... Eventually you die.

Save regularly.

Edit:

If you use the voice command "I need a medic" or manually press 5, 4 and have AI icons on (the small green diamonds on each unit) you will see if anyone is trying to heal you because they will show up as a green diamond icon with a blue star in it. Thats the medic trying to res you ordered by whoever took over command when you went down.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Whats happening is that you are not dead, but bleeding out.

It happens when you get hit and, for some reason, the AI wont help you up again... Eventually you die.

Save regularly.

ok is that an ACE feature? but then if I hit T to switch to a different player it doesnt register? is there anyway I cna get rid of this feature? or make it go quicker?

JUST CHECKED - NOT THE BLEEDING OUT FEATURE ON ACE...THIS IS DIFFERENT

and no i don't have that much going on in...it still happens arrgh

Edited by Jblack9

I get the same issue too occasionaly, I'm not using ACE either, I think it's when you just have SO MUCH content in a mission going on and you die, it either takes forever to register that your dead and you can switch/restart or it just locks up and you have to use the task manager to get out of the game.

Or could be a insane amount of addons, but I use nearly 30 and only get it rarely.

On the other hand, when my character falls to the ground and lies there for a second before the red screen of death pops up, it feels much more entertaining and real.

Edit: And this problem can 'infect' certain missions, happening consistently with every death.

I get the same issue too occasionaly, I'm not using ACE either, I think it's when you just have SO MUCH content in a mission going on and you die, it either takes forever to register that your dead and you can switch/restart or it just locks up and you have to use the task manager to get out of the game.

Or could be a insane amount of addons, but I use nearly 30 and only get it rarely.

Yea this is it. I don't have that much going on, but does anybody know how to fix this? It's driving me crazy

it's script lag ... try the new betas

Thanks Fox, I'm using the new betas already though. Is there some particular script I can kill or delete to end this? This script lag is also responsible for the lag when I go to heal somebody or myself....This bug sucks :-(

Edited by Jblack9

This happened to me too...generally what I do is:

• Use as few scripts ass possible.
  • Use as few addons as possible.
  • Try not to keep too much stuff happening on the screen at one time. (Generally I always try to keep friendly forces to either a platoon [3 rifle squads + platoon HQ] or lower)

This is the only way I've really been able to counter it, and it doesn't even happen that much to me. It's not that there's something we can do to fix it, but rather something that BI must fix instead. (It's a problem with Script Lag)

This happened to me too...generally what I do is:

• Use as few scripts ass possible.
  • Use as few addons as possible.
  • Try not to keep too much stuff happening on the screen at one time. (Generally I always try to keep friendly forces to either a platoon [3 rifle squads + platoon HQ] or lower)

This is the only way I've really been able to counter it, and it doesn't even happen that much to me. It's not that there's something we can do to fix it, but rather something that BI must fix instead. (It's a problem with Script Lag)

ok I don't know that much about scripts but how do i limit scripts in my missions and can I manually end them?

Also been stuck up to 5 minutes in dead mode.

The real problem here is that during that "dead mode" player input is disabled, if esc would work then it wouldnt be a problem. Mod/patch?

Also been stuck up to 5 minutes in dead mode.

The real problem here is that during that "dead mode" player input is disabled, if esc would work then it wouldnt be a problem. Mod/patch?

This would be great can a mod fix that?