getting used to playing this mod - the ambience and the battle SFX are top notch. The chaos of everyone yelling out commands and being more vocal puts you front and center. Total immersion.

Ace.

Chapman

Its great isn't it Chapman, thats one of the reasons I put together WarMod in the first place,

my idea came into being when I was browsing Armaholic one day this was back when Armed Assault was the main game.

After seeing all the addons and mods and the effects and things you can see and do,

I had an idea and I was like boy with all these great mods one's folder would be a cluster of the mods and files to run all these.

Why not just make a mod where all the addons and mods that deal with realism, effects,

features that are not in the original game and Ai upgrades, put them all into one mod, and thats what WarMod is!

I basically consolidated and compiled all the addons and mods that deal with gameplay oriented stuff and made one mod out of it,

anyone could have done this.

Chapman have you ever seen the videos for Armed Assault version of WarMod? they are chaos man, you can see

them on my website under videos: http://warmod.webs.com/

The easy fix for me is deleting the .pbo for TADS/Optics. That's the great thing with this mod. You can

delete the .pbos you don't want.

Thats the beauty of WarMod, there will be features not everyone likes and stuff that may not work well on one's computer,

that feature you removed I have no issues with, but thats the thing if you dont like something then you can remove it with out the game being effected.

Speaking of videos, I finally uploaded the one I recorded last night, quality turned out like crap, vid looks like crap and

laggy too, my game normally dont lag but when im runnign fraps it does.

Heres what i recorded last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAta4CnH0nw

I got another video Im uploading its just 2 tomahawks I recorded, sound is epic, pretty cool,

lol, I'll post them when I get em uploaded.

Hi,

SoundMod I am using is a tweaked version of HIFI, and in A2WarMod not the Ace compatible is the Harcp Mod which has the dynamic echos,

which also effect the sound.

I'm recording more vids, in one of them im planning on doing some demonstrations of features,

which will capture more of the sound from guns and other stuff.

Should have maybe 1 more vid, possibly 2 more tonight, if I can get them done before i got to go to work.

Thanks Chapman.

I'll have 2-3 vids tomorrow, i have no time right now to upload them and edit them, got to leave for work (3rd shift).

Question,

how do you embed a utube video on the forums here, I done it before but when i do it now it wont showup as a vid,

I know you use the utube tags but the vid still only shows up as a link, do i have to edit the embed code?

Alright guys heres part 1 of my latest vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDOsunyHIY

this is part 1 of one vid I recorded, total was 13min, but windows movie maker wouldn't accept the whole vid so i had to reedit

the vid and cut it into two parts, I'll have part 2 uploaded tomorrow as I spent my whole evening editing and uploading to utube this one part:j:

Took me from 2pm til 6:30 to edited, cut it, upload to utube, then wait for the processing, and then edit it with annotaions, all the

recording of this was done last night after building the mission in the mp editor then hosting it to record.

Mission was run with latest A2WarMod 1.3 with SLX integrated into the mod.

When i recorded it it created 15 clips from fraps, most between 500mbs to 3.0gigs each!

Nothing special, you can read the description of the vid in utube.

do you mind if I ask which SLX files you have kept to run in your mod ?

Sure, but my version of SLX is still being tweaked, theres alot o stuff I took out, and was going to put stuff back in but with

this latest A2WarMod 1.3 release, and my website updating, and now the recording of vids I hadn't the chance to fix it where

I wanted it, but heres what I have running....

I have everything but these files:

slx_bis_bc_fix

slx_cartriges

slx_gl3_giveradios

slx_tanksmoke

slx_uav

slx_vehicleeffects

slx_wounds

slx_wounds_ais

slx_wounds_heads

also which i didn't list is all the AI pbos, i have all the anim pbos. and of course the ones I left out

which include the bisigns.

Also I have SLX in my A2WarMod folder, it works with A2WarMod, I was expecting the requireds Hpp error to

come up but it never showed, so Im on to something.

Sweet - thanks Gunter - saves me a whack of time.

Gonna try it out - might re-submit the wound system from SLX as I find it to be one of the best out there.

Cheers,

Chapman

Alright I have a couple more vids.

This is the A2WarMod RunNGun part 1 vid I was talking about that I had to split the whole vid into two parts,

I'm actually uploading the 2nd part to utube as I type this.

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun Part 1

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun Part 2

will post link when its done uploading

Here is a vid i uploaded last night that I actually forgot to upload, lol I was so busy with the other vid:

A2WarMod Explosions Compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVDhpBYcRk

I'll be recording some footage maybe tonight to demonstrate some other features that i was meaning to demonstrate in this last vid.

I get an error message "SLX_melee requires SLX_Netcode" but everything seems to work when you add selected SLX files into the Arm2WarMod mod folder. Also since adding the SLX files (minus the highlighted AI & other files) I seem to be getting a weird dust kick up when firing small arm weapons - almost like rounds hitting near the firing soldiers feet. Will remove the SLX files and see if it ceases - then try and isolate the issue.

Cheers,

Chapman

Ya I can see why you would get the error message:

SLX_Melee: OKC3S bayonet knife and AK-74 bayonet knife.

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode.

Also since adding the SLX files (minus the highlighted AI & other files) I seem to be getting a weird dust kick up

when firing small arm weapons - almost like rounds hitting near the firing soldiers feet.

Like the big round dust kickups you see in my vids? as those dust kickups are from warfx not SLX.

SLX has another type of dust kickup, if you dont want that then remove:

SLX_Impacts: Bullet impact effects based on real life footage and personal experience.

Dependencies: None.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Heres all the vids I recorded so far:

A2WarMod Infantry test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAta4CnH0nw

This is the A2WarMod RunNGun part 1 vid I was talking about that I had to split the whole vid into two parts,

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun Part 1

heres part 2 finally!

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hx7IQaT5j0

Here is a vid i uploaded last night that I actually forgot to upload, lol I was so busy with the other vid:

A2WarMod Explosions Compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVDhpBYcRk

Other then that, I will be recording more vids, but i have a question for you guys, what do you think if I had added

SLX to A2WarMod if i got it to work with most of the SLX features?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I think SLX has some of the best features in the game - but thats just my opinion.

I would like to see it integrated - would be nice.

Chapman

I think SLX has some of the best features in the game

Much agreed, has alot of interesting and great features, I would like to see features from other mods

all in one mod but for now SLX will have to do.

I would like to see it integrated - would be nice.

Consider the project undertaken!

Well I will announce it as im sure you can read on the SLX thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1853253#post1853253

From the little digging around I have done tonight this will be my new project for A2WarMod

I will be integrating SLX into A2WarMod.

Project List

• So what I will need to do is test the mod on its own with Arma2 in its entirety
    without anything removed.

• Remove those particular pbo files we listed on SLX thread from the mod and look for stability

• test the mod in its entirety with A2WarMod (without the files removed)

• test A2WarMod again with SLX pbo files removed according to what we listed, and see what we get.

I will start this project tomorrow, as I have to leave for work. :(

But once I get started what I will do with A2WarMod for testing, i would like to get some beta

tester/s for this so i can get some different view points and results for the project.

Chapman would you be interested in being a beta tester?

If any A2warMod players are interested in helping me with the project then

send me a pm and we'll go from there.

Til I get home project starts tomorrow the 11th.

Gunter, how well does this mod support CO? Combat Operations is what I play and I've tried to run your previous version of this mod, and performance wasn't any better since i bought CO.

Hey DeclaredEvol,

Well as said many times before i specifically built A2WarMod for Arma2, but

the mod does work in CO, and runs fairly stable, although there are some features not working.

I have already built a CO version of the mod and I'd say about half if not more of the features and addons/mods are from OA,

and the mod seems more stable and performs better.

Right now I cannot release the CO version has I have to get permissions for all the OA stuff, and still do further testing,

as well as build the readmes ect,. zip the files, upload ect,.

Testing is what takes the longest with a mod like WarMod because your dealing with 126 adons and Mods that to make

sure one is running within the whole mod takes time.

I usually have various small test missions setup while testing a particuar feature within the whole of the mod, if it dont

work based on what its supposed to do then thats where the time consumption comes in and it comes down to what is

making this not work, real pain in the ass.

But as usual in terms of stability thats really the only thing I get is just some features not working, i never get crashes,

freezes or anything of the sort pretty amazing considering its 126 addons/mods working together in one folder!

Current Project

The project will be for A2WarMod

-as stated in my previous post, SLX is going under a process of testing, and going to be integrated (basically added)

to A2WarMod.

- SLX is an unstable mod as it has been know to causing freezes and crashes for some, so extensive testing has to be

done in and out of A2WarMod to find the cause (wich we already have a general idea) and make it work in the mod.

- After the testing the main goal really is to try to get most of the wanted features into the mod to work in

WarMod like the AI, the wounding ect,.

again if anyone wants to help with beta testing for this then send me a pm, I had already recieved one,

the more testers the faster we can get this zeroed in and completed.

and you guys are welcome, anything for our community here :)

Will keep you guys posted on this.

Does anyone see or get the full features of SLX for Arma2 alone?

here Im testing it and most of the stuff dont work just the AI and animations, and other stuff but no wounding, dragging ect.,

SLX works 100% for me in CO though.

Does anyone see or get the full features of SLX for Arma2 alone?

here Im testing it and most of the stuff dont work just the AI and animations, and other stuff but no wounding, dragging ect.,

SLX works 100% for me in CO though.

You've got to try the mod without any other mods first, and you've also got to prioritize the mod right below CBA. It's a shame some of this mod doesn't work so great, but I think it can be worked on tremendously.

Try SLX without A2WarMod, hmmm what do you think Im new?!! :D

Heres the post I made for the project on my website's forums for this 2 days ago when we started:

A2WarMod SLX Integration Project

This project is the integration of SLX into A2WarMod.

Main purpose of this topic is to discuss and post feedback, and reports of the testing involved

with the integration of SLX into A2WarMod.

TESTING

The following list is a procedure I have used for all A2WarMod testing:

• Test the full version of SLX on its own (no files left out )
    with Arma2 and report any freezes, crashes ect,.

• Test SLX with files removed (files removed) are based off of the list gathered on the SLX thread

• Test the full version of SLX with A2WarMod (no files removed) from SLX

• Test the SLX (removed file) version with A2WarMod

New list will be started when all reports and feedback come in from the list.

Testing for SLX should be done on a inf and combined arms based mission.

testing should be done in SP and MP(hosted mission) as they vary in someways.

Then testing would also be based on the results achieved.

I tested SLX on its own the full version a few scenerios, my target line is basically

-mod=CBA;CBA_A2;@SLX

The full version of SLX without anything removed.

My first test after 5 min ingame just inf on inf the game froze and crashed -(CTD) :j:

2nd test game did not crash I had 2 inf squads on 2 inf squads, with a car with mg on both sides, no crashes.

-took forever to kill a guy

-no wounding

-no first aid

-no bleeding

-AI had its head up its ass half the time shooting their own guys repeatedly

all I kept hearing was blue on blue and whatever else they say

it was crap

I tested my tweaked version without all the AI vehicle effects thast we took out on the SLX thread,

in my COWarMod version, same 2 tests and it was chaos I got:

-wounding

-dismemberment

-blood every where

-I seen instances where enemy soldiers that got shot would crawl a distance and left a blood trail

-watched several enemy and friendly soldiers calling for help and so on

All the features worked! in Combat Operations! with......COWarMod!!;)

So my final decision is Im scrapping the SLX integration project for the Arma2 version and just going to

work on COWarMod and get SLX to work with the new version of WarMod.

COWarMod

Now this is a big project, and If guys would be interested in helping out on testing then it would be very much

appreciated, getting different feedback ad opinions and even ideas would make the next version ausome, it already

is ausome but I need to make it all work and it still has to be tested.

If anyone wants to help out then what you need to do is the following:

1.send me a pm on the forums here letting me know you want to be a beta tester

2. Once i respond to your pm, you'll need to register to my website as thats where I work on my

projects in the forums there.

3. you will get the full version of COWarMod in its current state which is still beta and WIP

4. A Sig for the forums here, as well as the WarMod forums to indicate your part of the WarMod team.

Requirements

5. Only requirements I ask of you is that you dont distribute the mod as even though its my work I have permissions

granted to me on most of the work but yet still have to get more for the new version, in the mods entirity its really

all the modders mods in one mod.

So distributing the mods without permission would put you into some trouble you dont want to be in.

6. The other requirement I ask is that you be availiable to test and work on it, what im asking here is i dont want guys

to be posting their results then dissapeer for a week or more then post again, to me if your going to work on something

as in a team then you be consistent as much as you can.

Im not asking for all your time on this but when you can, which is basically when i do it, when i can and am able,

and want to, but you also have to be realistic.

This project will take time and Im in no rush so patience and taking one's time and doing things right and

thorough is what I'm after.

If you got ideas, then Im open to them.

The COWarMod version probably wont be a final thing for a long time even after it is released, as everyone knows

that our great community of modders are always creating and updating, fixing ect their work and adding new stuff to the community,

so the mod could and will grow.

This will be the WarMod Team.

Anyways thats it send me a pm, or if needed any questions like usual dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Amazing how I have been playing Arma 2 for a couple of years and I have not added any mods until recently. A2 War Mod is a great addition to the game.

Yes it is thank you, the mod covers a good vast majority of the community mods that deal with gameplay,

and other things but you havent seen nothing yet!

Wait til COWarMod is released!

COWarMod will be for Arma2 combined Ops Arma2 and OA Combined.

UPDATE

So far The WarMod team has 3 testers, well 4 total including myself.

and were looking for more testers, and or folks with ideas or skills to help out.

If your interested then send me a pm on BIS forums here, or a pm on my website (link is in my sig).

Website Project

I have a project for the site, a page that lists features in A2WarMod that are not automatically running or enabled

when you start your game with A2WarMod, this page explains and shows you how to enable those features.

Steam Group Project

Something I just recently thought of doing, considering Im on steam, but right now Im tryng to figure out how to word

the group name as WarMod is already taken, if you guys have any ideas then let me know.

I've noticed that running the A2 war mod in the campaign can cause triggers to not execute properly, such as intros to the mission for instance. Some times events won't trigger at all.

On one mission in the OA campaign, you start in an air control tower for briefing. A C-130 comes in for landing, and should land. But with the mod activated, the C-130 crashed and burned! The text showing the time and place will appear and disappear very slowly.

Also later in that mission, one of the APCs has a "malfunction" (a scripted event), and you are supposed to see an aircraft go over head and get hit by a SAM. Well that gets delayed (from the time the guy says "That aircraft is flying low"), until the aircraft just ends up falling out of the sky on fire about 100 meters away! Also this blurry red filter covers the screen and doesn't go away for several minutes.

Not only that, but when using the UAV, it often crashes or doesn't let me alter it's course. I cannot tell the UAV where to search because it will not let me or it will end up crashing, whereas playing the mission without the mod it will work just fine.

Also when ever one of the APCs uses smoke for cover, it will reduce the frame rate to a crawl.

Other than that, the game does noticeably perform slower with the A2 war mod running.

Edited by postman84

Hello postman,

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you running A2WarMod by itself or with other mods?

What version of the mod do you have the full 1.3 or the ace compatible 1.3, or previous versions?

What game are you playing Arma2 or OA or Combined OPs?

If your playing the campaign for Arma2 I believe that the campaign was buggy to begin with. But every mission I built with

triggers and scripts in them worked for me no problem, I can only assume its mission specific.

On one mission in the OA campaign, you start in an air control tower for briefing.

A2WarMod wasn't built for OA it was built for Arma2 A2=Arma2.

Also this blurry red filter covers the screen and doesn't go away for several minutes.

I have no idea what your talking about, i dont play OA or CO - Combined Ops with A2WarMod as I have a

new version that doesn't do any of that.

Not only that, but when using the UAV, it often crashes or doesn't let me alter it's course. I cannot tell the

UAV where to search because it will not let me or it will end up crashing, whereas playing the mission without the mod it will work just fine.

What UAV? UAV that was from the LDL-C130 mod or the one in the game already?

Also when ever one of the APCs uses smoke for cover, it will reduce the frame rate to a crawl.

Again what game are you playing and what are your computer specs, as I dont have those issues.

again A2WarMod was built for Arma2, theres going to be alot of things in A2WarMod that wont work if you use

it on another game like OA.

I released the game working with no issues, no crashes, no lagging, none that your pointing out. A2WarMod was built,

tested on Arma2 alone with patch 1.08, and every addon, and mod was tested individually, and together with the full mod,

there are a few things that I cant get to work, but the problems your having did not showup when i tested,

and I have played with the mod alot, only mod I play with.

If your playing with A2WarMod in OA or CO then I really cant support it as again it was built on and in Arma2.

COWarMod

I do have a version I am currently working on for Combined Ops - (arma2 with OA combined) the mod will be a little bigger

then previous versions with alot of new and exciting features. I have a team of 5 guys testing the mod in varies ways,

and so far everything we have tested has passed, and were only about 5% into the testing.

There haven't been any crashes, freezes. COWarMod uses mods from A2WarMod but about half the mods have been

replaced with OA ones, I have tested A2WarMod in CO and I say CO as I dont play OA alone I really see no point in it

when you can have the best of both Arma2 and OA together, but when I tested I found some things ot to work as

the mods that didn't work were built and required by Arma2.

WarMod Team

Offer is still open, if anyone wants to help out with the new COWarMod version and wants to

test or contribute in some way then send me a pm.

I currently have 4 guys testing the mod for me.