Sign in to follow this  
bracer

Emita City

and in other places where it looks like the road is going through another road, like somebody painted one road over another in junctions.

looks like parking for cars to me - i see nothing wrong with it.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

i thought i had found the perfect map for the original ghost recon campaign - but i think this one trumps it.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback!

@Pathetic_Berserker

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! Will try to rearrange it!

Do you have a screen on how you use to set it up?

Would be cool to have it the way it's intended!

Edit: I renewed my Urban Warfare mission after adding your stadium and put one of the captureable depo's inside the stadium,

I think it gave me the best fight I've had on Emita still! AI seem to use it well. Great job!

@Metalcraze

I'm not really sure what you meen? Could you elaborate?

But as Lightspeed says, this image shows parking spaces.

Might be easier to see in this old screen: http://img819.imageshack.us/i/25258552.jpg/

Regarding the overlapping roads; yeah that's a problem.

At some spots I haven't managed to make the few road parts I have fit together. Will try to fix most of them.

But without custom roads, it's probably not possible to make it perfect when the roads are complex.

And of course it's ALLWAYS the connecting roads that lies on top and not the main road. :rolleyes:

You can find this even on Chernarus.

@Lightspeed_aust

:bounce3: It would really make me happy to see your campaign on Emita!!

I'm honoured!

All the best! /Bracer

Edited by bracer

@Pathetic_Berserker

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! Will try to rearrange it!

Do you have a screen on how you use to set it up?

Would be cool to have it the way it's intended!

Edit: I renewed my Urban Warfare mission after adding your stadium and put one of the captureable depo's inside the stadium,

I think it gave me the best fight I've had on Emita still! AI seem to use it well. Great job!

You could have a look in original thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87769&highlight=Stadium

The first pic is using some of the damage models and its at night but the position of the light towers should be clear enough (hint there are six, dont miss the destroyed tower on the bottom left). There is also the sample mission that came with the addon, load it up in editor and check it out. BTW as it is modular there is nothing stopping you from rearranging the order of the pieces, just keep in mind that the pieces with the tunnel through are eliptical, and the rest circular.

Also great to hear the AI is using it for you well. With a structure so large I didn't feel it was worth releasing till I had the AI working.

And of course it's ALLWAYS the connecting roads that lies on top and not the main road.

I know exactly what you mean - I've got two junctions like this... occasionally they're just unavoidable and it's alway the little road on top... :(

Looking better and better Bracer!

Also delighted to see PB's Stadium finally in an environment where it doesn't dwarf everything around it! Here it actually looks in scale with everything else!... brilliant!

Should look really atmospheric at night...

B

Lookin' sweet! maybe you should connect those 3 hotels in the middle so it looks more like a complex. oh and is that stadium gonna have a soccer field? Seriously I can't wait for this map.

Thanks Bushlurker!

Hopefully we'll find a solution to hide those small pieces of road, quite anoying.

@Ryguy:

Thanks, that's a good thougt! I will mess around a bit with the hotels and see what I can come up with.

The best would be to group them as you said and use another tall building similar to the hotel at the other spots.

They way I've arranged them is based on a good tip I got from Raserisk 10 pages earlier, placeing them like they are with a courtyard in the middle.

I'll keep on tweaking!

Cheer guys!

Edit; forgot your question about the soccer field; I'm not sure yet, might add the lines atleast, but the goals might just be in the way for those Black Hawk Down type of bases.

I guess space is more worth than the goals inside the stadium. Will test some different options...

What do you guys think?

Edited by bracer

First great Island you do bracer, cant wait to check it out once it done :)

Second. I would suggest to just add the lines for the Soccer field. Goals are not necessary since in much smaller Stadiums or those for multiple events they get put in storage for use when they are needed. If someone likes to have them in they can script them in :)

Place the goals exactly where you'd want them and note their coordinates (doubeclick the object in Visitor and read them off the popup parameters thingy)... then you can dump them again...

Then you know exactly where they should go and you could offer the info for missionmakers in your readme, or even provide a little script or whatever...

B

Could also dummy up a base and see if you need worry about removing the goals. If I remember right (sry guys its been a while) the inside field should be atleast 100m in length. So given the actual stadium would substitute any 'fortification' there should more than enough room for a good base.

But as Lightspeed says, this image shows parking spaces.

Ah yeah I can see now from that point of view. On the pic I linked to it seemed like those are multiple t-junctions due to trees obscuring them

Thanks again for the input everyone!

@Metalcraze;

Yeah, I understand, the image looked quite obscure from that view.

It's a good thing you told me, cause I want everything on the map to be

thought through more than once.

I will look into the different options regarding the soccer goals,

but first I'll have to create a grand soccer field to fit the grand stadium!

In the meanwhile, here's my stress reliever whenever Visitor starts to drive me nuts:

8sliRdzQqR0

Sorry all german guys, you need to find a way around youtubes annoying rules...

There goes all your hard work. :D

(hint: turn the grass on)

There goes all your hard work. :D

(hint: turn the grass on)

That small piece of land I'm standing on?

It's random generated terrain outside of the map, not sure if it's possible...

Oh I had no idea. Anyway, can you show some additional lovely countryside snapshots which are unaffected by the nuclear apocalypse?:)

Oh yeah, you'll get to see more of the countryside.

But you'll have to settle with the previous shots of the countryside until next update.

Hopefully won't very be long until next update comes! :-)

Hey Raserisk!

Yeah, there's a police station in place!

Great looking map, maybe when you done with this, you could make a winter version aswell. For chechen war situation.

Me either! This is the most exciting map I am anticipating the most. I can't wait to do a Raccoon City style mission on it! :D :D

Me either! This is the most exciting map I am anticipating the most. I can't wait to do a Raccoon City style mission on it! :D :D

A mission that would be really awesome on this would be Zargabad/Chernarus Life ported over, would be so epic on this epic lookin island

Looking forward to recreating some Battle LA'esque action missions in the urban areas.