Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW Vehicle Fixes

None of my other entries for NVG are in quotes, and neither are any such entries in the BIS vehicles. I suspect that Ti doesn't even need to be in quotes, but it always shows up that way in BIS vehicles, so I copied the format.

Don't know if it's just me but the thermals don't seem to be working on the Tunguska. Might also be because I was playing warfare at the time don't know?

Same issue no thermals on the Tunguska.

Same issue no thermals on the Tunguska.

Same here :D

And can you please fix tunguska's huge rearming time ?

Hmm, I think I've figured out the problem. Can't test it right now, as I'm rather busy getting ready for a final tomorrow. I'll try to get a fix out this weekend.

As for the reload times, I'm not sure I should touch those. It is curious to note that no other weapon system in the game has a reload time anywhere near 240 seconds...

Ok, updated the file. See first post.

Cool. Let me know if any issues crop up. I've tried to keep things relatively balanced, which has meant breaking realism at a few points (Mi-24P and Mi-24V don't actually have thermals and the Mi-24D has no NV IRL).

Is it possible to change this? I don't like balance because it means we don't see interesting compensating tactics from the other side.

Is it possible to change this? I don't like balance because it means we don't see interesting compensating tactics from the other side.

Feel free to open the PBO up, make the change and then re-pack it.

Feel free to open the PBO up, make the change and then re-pack it.

Indeed. Feel completely free to re-release such an edit with your own bikey. I only request that you retain the original readme (rename it to something like "original_readme") and give proper credit. Otherwise share and share alike.

As for the reload times, I'm not sure I should touch those. It is curious to note that no other weapon system in the game has a reload time anywhere near 240 seconds...

Thanks for the upgrade mate,i really enjoy this mod !!

what do i need to change the reload time of tung in case you don't want to touch the original release :p ? i am a bit clueless !

Unpack the Weapons.pbo file and look in the config.cpp for the two weapons the Tunguska uses (9M311Laucher, 2A38M) and make an entry for them in my mod's config.cpp. All you need to do is properly define the parent classes and then set the value of magazineReloadTime to whatever you want.

Hello there!!!! Do you all think this fix would solve the problem i m facing when trying to fold the ah1z in ACE?? Thank you! :)

I do not know. I have not tested this mod with ACE, so there may be unforeseen compatibility problems. The mod uses the class UserActions to allow you to fold the rotors, so if ACE has its own UserActions defined one may overwrite the other. Of greater concern, however, would be the changes I made to the class Turrets of the AH-1Z, which I am sure conflict with ACE changes.

I run it regularly with ACE and it for the most part seems to work fine. Though I haven't tested the features you guys are describing.

I haven't tried that yet, but give me an hour so and I'll take a look at it once I get home.if I remember heheh

I see. I will give a try. Anyplans to make it compatible with ACE>? ;)

No, but I have no objection to anyone else making the effort. I'd be willing to post links to any such mods in my first post as well.

No, but I have no objection to anyone else making the effort. I'd be willing to post links to any such mods in my first post as well.

Hey Xeno i notice that the script that add the fold and unfold rotors are on the config file. I never messed with config files before so i m pretty lost in there. I was trying to set condition to who can fold and unfold the aircraft and depending on the type aircraft you can only do the action from the inside or the out side. Is it possible?

Since it's defined in the vehicle config itself, by definition only vehicles with that code can be folded. If you allow for outside people to fold/unfold the vehicle, there's no way I know of to restrict what kind of people may do this, with the exception that people who are enemies to whomever is inside the vehicle can't use the script.

Take a look at the values I have for the class UserActions. The sub-classes (e.g. "class HUDon6") is arbitrary and you can call them whatever you like. The "position" value tells the game what memory point to center the action on. The "radius" defines how far out from the "position" that people can use the script command; "1" is a good value for script commands that only people inside should be able to use. If "onlyForPlayer" is set to "1", then AI cannot use that command.

To restrict what kind of people within a vehicle can use the command, look under the "condition" value. Adding "player==[pos] this" to part of the "if" statement allows you to restrict the script command to only people that are occupying the [pos] position. The only values I am aware of for [pos] are driver, commander, gunner, and and another for crew (though I forget the exact name). There may be others that I am not aware of, though.

It is there already. Might be conflict with other mod changing weapons/muzzles like ACE or OdenBIS

It is there already. Might be conflict with other mod changing weapons/muzzles like ACE or OdenBIS

I rechecked,it's only available for the 2A70 100 mm ! please note that i'm talking about auto zeroing !