Sign in to follow this  
Caxton Gibbet

Gibbet's Copy My Stance Version 4.0

hi mrcash

Thats all very strange!

I've had a quick look at the latest changelog for ACE2 and that of the latest beta patch and I can't see any changes that might cause problems.

I will test the Beta patch the first chance I get but thats unlikely to be before the weekend.

hi mrcash

Thats all very strange!

I've had a quick look at the latest changelog for ACE2 and that of the latest beta patch and I can't see any changes that might cause problems.

I will test the Beta patch the first chance I get but thats unlikely to be before the weekend.

Yes its odd, I would have to say that its something that maybe introduced once GL4 gets slotted in, becuase before that its fine, yet ... GL4 on its own its fine. So combine them and it doesn't work ... diagnosing that is a little weird.

Id say get GL4 too and simply run it and ACE and test them on their own and see what you get. When I say latest beta I mean 78413

So run it under those conditions and try each one, then both together ... I can make it go wrong on demand :)

My results are as soon as I go into a test mission (just a set of standard us units on empty map) and stand and crouch, they do nothing to respond. And when it does work, they auto follow me (using same mission with no changes each test).

So ...

BETA+GL4 = Works fine

BETA+ACE = Works Fine

BETA+GL4+ACE = Doesn't work.

I also test this with no other mods running BTW.

Edited by mrcash2009

Just a small update that after using Yoma to update ace this week (and leaving all other addons active and exactly the same) this now works again with the above combinations I had trouble with, so its not happening now.

God only knows what it was via last weeks ACE update, but its all back to normal (just thought I would post to finish off).

First off, probably THE most essential addon if you want to keep your AI alive! Big thanks.

It seems to work fine as long as the units start under in tour command but doesnt work for units that fall under your command mid way thru missions IE... Leader dies and you are now in command.

Why oh why isnt this standard code? Is there a bug in Vanilla or was Copy My Stance order not intended to have crouch?

First off, probably THE most essential addon if you want to keep your AI alive! Big thanks.

It seems to work fine as long as the units start under in tour command but doesnt work for units that fall under your command mid way thru missions IE... Leader dies and you are now in command.

Why oh why isnt this standard code? Is there a bug in Vanilla or was Copy My Stance order not intended to have crouch?

Not a bug, but by design, "Copy my Stance" is "AUTO" stance mode.

_neo_

@mrcash,

Thats great mate,thanks for the heads up.

@froggyLuv

Thanks for the kind words,I'm glad you find it useful.

With regard to units joining your group or you becoming leader of your group,In the case of the later,Your new subordinates should copy your current stance and continue to do so without any input from you.

However,units that join your group later require a copy stance order.

This is to set a variable on each new unit which the system updates and monitors in order to set the correct 'stance rules' to each unit individualy.

This Variable is only applied automaticly when the system detects that the player is, or has become, a group leader,it is then applied to all the players current subordinates.

Units joining the players group when the player is already leader have to have this variable applied via a stance order,be it either a copy my stance ,hold Stance or stance free, any will do.

I just did a few simple tests in the editor and all seems fine.

Are you using the action menu version or the keypress version?

I guess Im using the keypress version as its not from my action menu. Actually, the games always start with my men in "Copy MY Stance" -meaning, I dont have to give the order, they follow me thru any stance routine :p

I am using Ace/Acex -dont know if their replacement units are having an effect?

Ok, Im definitely having an issue with units acquired after the mission aka. Freedom Fighters (Warfare style mission).

Unit 2, after being given the Copy My Stance via 7-9 keypress, follows my stance maybe once and not the correct one. For instance, I was prone, gave the order and he crouched -and stayed crouched when I moved throughout the gambit of stances.

Again, for all missions where the units start with me, they are automatically in Copy My Stance and follow me throughtout my stances -all without an inital keypress. I like that but is that how it was intended?

@froggyluv

You need to use one of your assigned keys to bring the new units under the control of the system.

from the read me:

SETTING UP KEYS.

1.Start the game.

2.Goto "OPTIONS".

3.Goto "CONTROLS".

4.The System watches for Input on 3 keys.You will need 3 keys to Assign to the addon in the next steps.these keys should be unused.

5.(OPTIONAL):Assign all three keys to "TURBO",about half way down in "ALL CONTROLS", just before "Vehicle Turbo".

WHY? well,if you don't do this you may find that the keys don't function properly when you are prone.

Also,custom key presses maynot be registered while other keys are being pressed, (eg."Move forward").

WHY? I've not a clue! but this is away round both issues.Simply moving your gun around while holding down the key also solves the Prone issue.

Caution: these three keys should not be used for TURBO while playing.Use your regular key or assign another.

6.Set the key filter to "CUSTOM CONTROLS".

7.Scroll to the very bottom.

8.Assign your three keys:

Key for "Copy Stance ON" is "Use Action 18"

Key for "Copy Stance OFF" is "Use Action 19"

Key for "HOLD Stance" is "Use Action 20"

Once these keys are assigned select the units that have joined your group,or select the whole group, and use the key you assigned as "Copy Stance ON" to order them to copy your stance.

The 7,9 keys will only return a unit to the systems control if they have already had the system activated on them via the method listed above.

Units in the same group as the player will be under the control of the system as soon as it detects the player is, or has become, group leader.Units joining a group of which the player is already leader need to be added to the system using a keypress as detailed above.

hope that helps.

Hey Caxton, have you noticed the addaction increasing in number on the autoinit version? Can't quite understand why!

Thanks for the detailed explanation CG -which I should have read myself in the readme :o

I just didnt remember doing that before thats all and it works fine now.

Also just to clear this up, is neokika correct that BI meant not to incorporate Crouch into the stances included in vanilla Copy My Stance? I just dont understand why and thought I remembered OFP utilizing all 3 stances?

@Froggyluv

You're welcome, I'm glad we got you sorted.

With regard to the whole 'keep low' command,to be honest,I'm not quite sure what BIS's intention is.I can't ever recall crouch being used by the Ai when given that order in Arma or OFP.Then ofcourse there is the fact that giving that order to an Ai unit sets their stance to 'AUTO'. This is effectivly giving the Ai control of its own stance which, I assume, it decides upon after taking into account its current combat mode.

@Kremator

Hi mate,I wasn't aware of that issue, I don't use the action menu version anymore.

I ditched that version because it broke the armoury mode.I only included it in the download because some people prefer it and didn't seem bothered that its buggy.It's not realy my intention to continue to support that version as the keypress version is far better.

I can only recommend that you switch to the keypress version.

Sorry mate, but as I can't fix the armoury issue with that version I see little point in continuing with it.

If you have any issues with using the keypress version please let me know and I'll see what I can do to address them.

For me "Keep Low" simply meant when on the move crouch and shuffle along.

Ive only ever known it that if I want them to crouch stationary and also crouch and shuffle on the move I have to force AI with 2 orders: Stay Crouched + Keep Low. This order combination was my main one when crossing open areas and also near enemy but not in danger mode.

Fortunately when your lovely mod arrive I simply do this myself and the sheep follow. :)

BTW latest ACE updates .. and all is well with that weirdness before.

Edited by mrcash2009

Can I get a little help on installation?

I want to use the action menu version--so I named a folder @GIB_Copy_Stance and put it in my ARMA 2 root folder. I then put the @GIB string in the game start properties. AND, no new commands show up in-game when I press the space bar (which I've always assumed was the action menu).

Am I loading the addon wrong?

Hi tod

First I should make it clear that the Action menu version is buggy and breaks a section of the game,The Keypress version is recommended.

Ok, that said..First thing to say is, the action menu is the left side menu that appears when you roll your mouse wheel.

The addition to the game start properties in the short cut needs to MATCH the name of the folder you have introduced to the game, ie. if the folder is named @GIB_Copy_Stance then @GIB_Copy_Stance must be added to the game start properties, @GIB is not enough.

The @GIB_Copy_Stance folder should contain a folder named Addons into which the GIB_Copy_Stance.Pbo file should be placed.

Thats about all I can come up with from the info you posted.

Please consider using the keypress version.In any event please post back if you continue to have problems.

Caxton Gibbett, thank you for responding.

I followed your instructions to the T and still had no action menu option (though I can use the action menu to switch weapons and heal).

So I tried the keypress version and may have done something wrong due to lack of know-how. I set the custom keys 18, 19 and 20 to P, - and =. I then set P, - and = under turbo in the game-key assign page. This didn't work, either; so I'm assuming that I missed a step or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

hi tod

Do you have CBA installed? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

You should find your subordinates are already set to copy your stance,the mod defaults to on.

Try selecting some, or all ,of your units and press one of your assigned keys,

this should produce a radio text message confirming the associated stance order was received.

Hey thanks for this mod :) Seems to work well on the fourth mission in Arma 2 vanilla, the 2nd episode with the USMC invading Chernarus or whatever.

But it didn't really seem to work with the "Eye for an Eye" episode; the one with the partisans doing a night attack on a village. Possibly the units in that episode are special units or something?

My only problem with this is that it spawns multiple copies within the action menu. Everything else is perfect.

My only problem with this is that it spawns multiple copies within the action menu. Everything else is perfect.

Hi Krem

I've seen that in a couple of missions, I think it's some sort of conflict with another script. Try the keypress option?

Oh god, no..... action menu all the way baby!

It doesnt bother me too much, just a shame there wasnt a quick fix :)

Hello guys, been a long time since I've seen any activity in this tread!:)

@Anthropoid

Do the aforementioned units begin on the players team or do you take command\Recruit them at some point during the mission?

If the later is the case then you need to pass a stance order to your new recruits in order for them to be included in the system.Only units that START the mission on the players team are automaticly enrolled into the system,all recruits must recive a stance order via the system in order to have the required variable attached to them.Are you using any replacer mods for these type of units?Some custom units will not work with the system due to their configs,this is an issue beyond my control.

@Orcinus

The menu issue is a problem with MY script and, as far as I'm aware, not the product of any conflict with another mod or script.

Thanks for promoting the Keypress version as an alternative to our friend Krem but I suspect its alost cause as krem is one of my earliest supporters and if he hasn't switched over by now I doubt he ever will.:rolleyes:

@Kremator

Hi budd,hope you're well!

Sorry there was never a fix for that menu issue, I kinda lost heart with the action menu version after I couldn't solve the armoury issue it created.

If I get some time this weekend I'll have a quick look at fixing that issue, for you and the other pains in the arse who don't want to use the Keypress version.;)

Either way,all joking aside,thankyou for your continued support for my little mod.You, and a couple of others, are the reason I didn't just ditch this when things got tricky in the first few versions.

Edited by Caxton Gibbet

:)

This was one of the first mods I downloaded & it's one of the few I always use (at least if I am or expect to be team leader). I recommend it at every opportunity!

Excellent addon, & the action menu issue doesn't bother me at all. Thanks for the creation & your continued support, much appreciated.