Sign in to follow this  
Vampire

Battle ships

I want them...as scenery. They can't work as playable units.

It would be great to fly over them before pregressing to an island...you could image you've just taken off from an aircraft carrier and these are the supporting fleet.

Jubs

Instead of a frigate how about an aircraft carrier. That is something OFP lacks.

Oh by the way nice job. biggrin.gif

You could of coarse make very interesting black-op missions. Just model some sort of inflatable camo boat, with space for 1 or two people, then make some sort of script wich allows sticking explosives to the ship. You get the pic i guess.

It would make things quite blasty.

Yesterday I posted this idea somewhere.. Halo jump, when you reach the water you can inflate your little boat. It would make it even more interesting.

If your gonna make an "island" to go with it, you should make like a small fraction of like one side of the map like the coast.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ May 05 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fuvck you all<span id='postcolor'>

Not a good way to advertise your idea methinks confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ May 05 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fuvck you all<span id='postcolor'>

What's your problem man? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ May 05 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fuck you all<span id='postcolor'>

quite... uuuummmmm... okay that wasnt nessacarie sad.gif

Some people just can't handle constructive criticism.

if your gonna swear at people then at least have the courtesy of swearing with the correct spelling.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ May 05 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fuvck you all<span id='postcolor'>

lol

1. Resistance should get nothing bigger than a Torpedo-Boat.

2. Frigates as scenery? Usually they would not get so close to an island to be within setviewdistance range.

3. How about a Yamato class battle ship. Okay, they got all sunk, but a range of >30km with 18.1" guns - hmmm, you could give those isles a completly new shape biggrin.gif

Maybe this MOD/Addon started in the wrong end?

Make a smaller boat, a torpedo boat like WhoCares suggested, and then work your way up. This way, OFP community would get lots of (hopefully) great addons, and you will notice when you reach the size limit of the boat/ships

Let's try and conquer this territory, before expanding into new, unknown land...

Hey, Vampire!!

Sorry we made you a little angry  sad.gif  sad.gif

Your boats are great. With the multiple guns problem, i've got a funny idea. Just let them fire at the same time, at the same target. (Only too bad 2 people do the work for maybe 10 or so) If you wan't too use anti-air, just switch weapons.

If it is possible too fire multiple weapons from one vehicle, it's even cooler.

Anyway, keep working on those boats. They're wonderfull. Even if it's unrealistic to have them very close to shore.. Who cares. If you don't like it, don't use them in your missions..  smile.gif

I would like them!!!!

In desert island they're quite possible to use. Lots of sea, just see the island as some little futile resistance base or whatever. BTW, I discovered a10's can take-off from desert Island, nice for shelling the (non-existing) runway from sea while those pilots are trying to get airborne.

Say, Vbs1 or something is made for the US navy or something wasn't it? So those guys from bis should have experience making ships? Maybe they'll once implement ships with loads of guns, so your boats will be able to fire all their guns too  smile.gif

Good luck!!

i don't think the AI will take off because they do not recognize the terrain as being able to take off from

I'm off to make a small mission in which i can bomb the LST with a A10 LGB. biggrin.gif

Isn't it possible, that, when you switch weapons, your camera view switches to that gun too? So you'd just have control over that gun?

i don't think i have ever seen it done so i'm not sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grokk @ May 06 2002,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, Vampire!!

Sorry we made you a little angry  sad.gif  sad.gif

Your boats are great. With the multiple guns problem, i've got a funny idea. Just let them fire at the same time, at the same target. (Only too bad 2 people do the work for maybe 10 or so) If you wan't too use anti-air, just switch weapons.

If it is possible too fire multiple weapons from one vehicle, it's even cooler.

Anyway, keep working on those boats. They're wonderfull. Even if it's unrealistic to have them very close to shore.. Who cares. If you don't like it, don't use them in your missions..  smile.gif

I would like them!!!!

In desert island they're quite possible to use. Lots of sea, just see the island as some little futile resistance base or whatever. BTW, I discovered a10's can take-off from desert Island, nice for shelling the (non-existing) runway from sea while those pilots are trying to get airborne.

Say, Vbs1 or something is made for the US navy or something wasn't it? So those guys from bis should have experience making ships? Maybe they'll once implement ships with loads of guns, so your boats will be able to fire all their guns too  smile.gif

Good luck!!<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry man, but the marines are a group of land fighter. But BIS don't have much choice because if i'm right the marines start from a boat....

Hey guys sorry I didnt type the "Fuck you"

I was checking replys and thanks for the commants but it was my freind to type it cuz I made fun of him and he got kinda mad and replyed and when i got home my net was down sorry again wont happene again.

Do you have any proof of this?

Maybe you just noticed our response to this "fuvck you", and decided that you had to make up an excuse of some sort.

I'm not saying that your a bloody liar, but what if you are lying to us?

=)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ May 08 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have any proof of this?

Maybe you just noticed our response to this "fuvck you", and decided that you had to make up an excuse of some sort.

I'm not saying that your a bloody liar, but what if you are lying to us?

=)<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure that he is not lying since he have write it correctly this time. wink.gif