Sign in to follow this  
Protegimus

CSM2 Sounds for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces

nice job Protegimus when you get sometime check the ak 107 after the new patch it sounds funny

Per your request, feedback left in the discussion thread. Thanks for the BAF expansion.

but why does it sound different in real life ?

found they use same but in dif. styles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_MAG

Because no two recordings of a weapon firing are going to sound the same. Also, cyclic rate of fire can vary depending on gas system adjustment.

Great.

The vanilla sounds were just weedy. I don't care about 'loudness wars' arguments - these are far more immersive and make the guns much more enjoyable to fire.

Cheers,

To all those having problems downloading from the zeus server.

I fixed it by typing "http://zeus-community.net/important/" into my browser and then right clicking on the necessary file and selecting "save link as".

Good work, I like these more than the originals!

Small update is available to version 0.1a (03.09.2010) including the following fixes/improvements:

Fixed: L7A2 GPMG no recoil (thanks Zipper5)

Added: M621 sound

Improved: L115A3 level and variations

Download link on first page updated, thanks to Terox.

CSM2OA also has an update, fixing the AH-64 M230 dependency.

Protegimus

Quick blast video comparison:

Base BAF

made by a guy called jakf101.

CSM2 for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

think im gonna try this out aswell, csm2oa and baf, but what about ukf wepons? do i need a special mod for it or does it work with OA aswell?

and if i use ace, do i have to disable acex_sm?

is csm2_ukf for the mod UKF Weapons Pack?

Edited by Modin84

Modin84: There is a standalone mod for the UKF Weapons Pack, see link in my sig.

You only need CSM2 for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces for BAF (CSM2BAF), but you can of course use it with CSM2 for ArmA 2 and CSM2OA with Combined Operations/Operation Arrowhead.

Konrad1: dunno, is there something else to add?

Protegimus

Yes the full auto echo of L86 sounds strange and have another voice then single fire. then i miss tthe reaload sound for the Lr sniper the standard one was good.

Modin84: There is a standalone mod for the UKF Weapons Pack, see link in my sig.

You only need CSM2 for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces for BAF (CSM2BAF), but you can of course use it with CSM2 for ArmA 2 and CSM2OA with Combined Operations/Operation Arrowhead.

Konrad1: dunno, is there something else to add?

Protegimus

ok i think i understand what u mean, but instead of having both the old csm2 + csm2oa + csm2baf its enough to have csm2oa + csm2baf if i wanna play. Or do i need the old csm2 aswell for the sounds from the old arma 2?

Quick blast video comparison:

Base BAF

made by a guy called jakf101.

CSM2 for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Protegimus

Hello, thanks for putting my vid on here, nice to get noticed. :P Pretty much after I did that video I started using the CSM2 sounds along with VOP. Great addon, makes the game so much better. Just to say I've also noticed sometimes the SA80 when firing in full auto but a single shot, it releases a burst distance bg sound like it's firing multiple shots.

afRAAAYJSyI

Edited by mycatsaid

The userconfig files seem to be missing when getting CSM2OA from zeus (the only mirror I know for it). This causes the mod to be unusable (game wont start). I have messaged Terox, so hopefully it will be fixed. In the mean time you can use the userconfig file from CSM2 (don't forget to comment out the line in the userconfig if you dont use acex_sm. I save it as "UTF without BOM" (an encoding format) because thats what I do with the ace .hpp files, so just in case).

Edited by fireship4

Is there an update for the CSM2 BAF sounds for the new patch? I just dl the new patch and the CSM2 BAF sounds are gone. Anybody els with this?

Ya just tryed it out some more, the CSM2 BAF and the CSM2OA sounds dont work with the new patch that came out. The sounds keep going back and forth with the vanilla and the CSM2 BAF and CSM2OA sounds. Hope we can see an update for both as the sounds are very nice.

Edited by 1in1class