Sign in to follow this  
xhisor

Polish>English?

I just bought both games on my class trip to Poland. I've been wanting these games for a long time now, and when i saw the prices i just had to buy it, but now when i got home i realised that i cant change the language in game...

I have all the newest patches for both games, but still i cant change it....

Anyone knows how i can change it? :(

Polish and Russian versions are language locked, thats why they are cheap.

Polish and Russian versions are language locked, thats why they are cheap.

Srsly? :(

Is there any mods or some other way to change it?

There should be a language mod i guess, i used one for my German version when i just had to buy it straight away.

I'm not sure if there is one for the Polish version though.

Is there any mods or some other way to change it?

Not for the moment, and im almost certain that if it existed, it would break the EULA. (I could be wrong though)

so you are telling me that i wasted most of my money (i'm young and REALLY poor :P) on a game i wont be able to play because of language restrictions? :(

Fu*k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance there will be a mod soon?

I doubt it. The game's been out for a long time and we've yet to see a Polish to English mod.

if i download the english version from TPB or some other tracker, and then use my cd there will i be able to play the game then?

In this way i do not violate any law.

Edited by xhisor

Piracy isn't tolerated here, so if it screws up, you won't be on these forums anymore. :p

Piracy isn't tolerated here, so if it screws up, you won't be on these forums anymore. :p

it isn't piracy. Its totally legal to download a game you have bought.

it isn't piracy. Its totally legal to download a game you have bought.

Not when it's from an unauthorized distributor. If you wanted English, you should have bought the versions that include English... Not the Polish version.

Not when it's from an unauthorized distributor. If you wanted English, you should have bought the versions that include English... Not the Polish version.

God dang it!!!

If i buy the english version of OA then. Will it work out then? /rageface

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Never mind. Just got answer on my mail to customer support.

They told me that the language is determined by CD-key.

This language lock is some of the biggest bullshat a company can pull off. I made that mistake with the first release of Arma2. Luckily someone(wiper?) made language patches up to a certain version, then i was screwed again. Its not that i don't speak german, its just that if its not in english its like your missing half a game IMO.

So when AO came out i decided i'm not making the same mistake again - ordered it from the UK at a slightly higher price, but well worth it! Moral of the story for me is to never buy games in germany again. Even ordering Civ5 from the UK to avoid a 'german' version at all costs, even if it takes a few days longer. To me it seems the publishers are shooting themselve in the foot - If the trend continues to lock games to regions i guess people will just order their prefered version abroad. Pretty bad though if you 'force' a country to use a certain version - ever thought that perhaps not everyone in a given country speaks the local language - think of expats (or just US military personnel around the world).

jeden gracz > single player

gra wieloosobowa > multiplayer

opcje > options

profil gracza > profile of player

wyjscie > out / turn off

single player >

campaign

scenario / SP missions

training

armory

editor

in Editor:

jednostki F1 units

grupy F2 groups

wyzwalacze F3 triggers

punkty nawigacji F4 waypoints

synchronizacja F5 synchronization

markers F6

modules F7

strona - side (west = zachod, east = wchod, guerilla = partyzanci, animals = zwierzeta)

frakcja - faction

klasa - men (ludzie), cars (pojazdy) , air (lotnictwo), armored (pojazdy opancerzone)

buildings (budynki), wojna (warfare)....

strzelec - rifleman

strzelec km - MG

strzelec ppanc - RPG/AT

strzelec plot - AA

dowodca - commander

i can help you in language and others too

Unfortunately it won't help him to overcome a language barrier. He made a bad choice purchasing the polish version.

regards

@xhisor

Man I feel so sorry for you.

I decided to pay more and bought a steam version, just to have it in English.

Will i need to buy both games again or will it be enoug to just buy OA and then install it over ArmA 2 to get the combined Operations thing?

Will i need to buy both games again or will it be enoug to just buy OA and then install it over ArmA 2 to get the combined Operations thing?

Seemed to work for me. German Arma2 and English AO = English CO. Though i can't say i went back to try out the old campaign, but in options the language is now set as English and can't be changed.

Yes, I have a German DVD, and with English OA I have all English.

Yes, I have a German DVD, and with English OA I have all English.

Yep, that works.