Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye125

Sea Combat

In Operation Flashpoint are not much sea vehicles and

i think sea-addons makes operation flashpoint much more populalair like sub-marines and big cruisers with canons and a helipad where choppers can land on an a cargo bay for tanks that while be cool come on add-on makers

..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

you can read a lot of threads about this subject in this forum

it's a question of size , of gameplay , off computer configurations , of modeling possibilities , i won't extend on this subject because i'm tired and i've already done that hundred of times , read only the posts in this forum ,that's the only thing i can say

I don't think subamrines are possible, what I've noticed on the maps are that the ocean floor is just deep enough to drowned you...so there is no room to fit a sub. Try taking an M113 out to sea, you'll notice it tends to bounce when the nose drops low enough, this means there is a floor present.

In any event, who wants a big cruiser if you can have only one active weapon at a time?

There are combat flight simulators and naval warfare simulators, if one prefers that type of battle, there are clearly more appropriate choices than OFP.

Appreciate the game for what it is, an infantry simulator. And in that genre, there is nothing that comes close to OFP.

yes you can , but it's not interesting on a boat

A big ship is manned by hundreds of people, there is a maximum squad size of 12.

The water is too shallow

There is nowhere for the ships to sail too.

Ask for aircraft carriers and you'll then want the jets thats go on them that fly at mach 2 and pass the island in under a second making them pintless as weapons of war.

You'll then want cruise missiles to go with your battleship that'll deaden combat on the maps and make play pointless because all you'd have to do is evacuate whilst you push a button.

It is an infantry simulator.

I could think of more- but they'll do for now. I can't see them being implemented effectively or enjoyably and keep with the realism aspect of the game. Find a way and I'll support the idea. Untill then read other threads on the subject.

what about the LST? maybe they should do something w/ that instead =)

Ok, I like the idea of lha's, lhd's but no crusiers, ssbns, ssns, and all that other stuff, I think that the game should have amphibous assults, but not sea battles, ne wayz how the worlds goin now,, I think the only true navies are those of the english speaking countries, and those of the swedish navy smile.gif, oh and about harpoon4 that company will never release that games, u should wait for destroyer and sub command, which are released by the same company which i dont think will ever be released either, so Id stick with JFC!

The moving LST addon is great but why doesnt somebody reskin it into a civilian oil tanker or cargo ship???

i want sea battles too if a game bisness(Cornerd Rat Studeios) can build a ship and are building battle ships codemasters can too. i mean these people C.R.S. started a year-a-go. therte new and the have a world in 1/3 skell (www.wwiionline.com) these people codmasters have only built P.T. bouts that are usless. no lacks sreams rivers lagoons swamps. in a magraty raiting almast all operation flashpoint players want rivers lacks streams creeks and swamps! now operation flashpoint mackers we want rivers, battle ships, destroyers, subs, frog men, lacks, creeks, swamps and streams........if any one else wants a this say I.......I

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Murda Inc on 9:36 am on Nov. 21, 2001

I don't think subamrines are possible, what I've noticed on the maps are that the ocean floor is just deep enough to drowned you...so there is no room to fit a sub. Try taking an M113 out to sea, you'll notice it tends to bounce when the nose drops low enough, this means there is a floor present.

<span id='postcolor'>

The sea floor is infact very deep not too far off shore i landed my chopper on the water cut off the engine and sunk to -120 meters now thats deep enough.

And oil tanker that you could walk on, and easily make men move around on, so then you could have little SAS missions and stuff, or somthing like what they do on the 'Navy Seals' Movie.

I want to see that sniper rifle, With mini explosions and stuff!

it should be cool if we had some black zodiacs for the marines and seals or some destroyer that could do a land strike from the sea

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Die Alive on 9:30 pm on Nov. 20, 2001

I'm waiting for Harpoon 4 to come out.  That's modern naval warfare at it's best.

Lol, that game is like destoyer command, the publisher will never get the game relesed on time! letalone the site han't been updated in more than a year and a half!if you wnat nacal warfare, buy Janes fleet command, and join the sea wolves. It's a lot more fun with 50 people to play with!Uh, and for ofp, I don't think Bis really wanted boats, they have a lot of water, but no rivers. Also Sub wouldn't work because i've driven a tank (untill it exploed) under water, and the ocean (or lake) is not that deep. Also haveing an aegis cruiser, or those admerial sumthings (forgot the name) are a complete over kill. The aegis cruiser would launch 3 tomahawks, and kile 20 t80's and the Admerial namkov's (or so i think the name is) would use it's large guns(they dont have verymany anti land warfare missles, just andti ship misslies, guns, and sam's.

-=Die Alive=-

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from barret on 5:12 am on Jan. 2, 2002

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Die Alive on 9:30 pm on Nov. 20, 2001

I'm waiting for Harpoon 4 to come out.  That's modern naval warfare at it's best.

Lol, that game is like destoyer command, the publisher will never get the game relesed on time! letalone the site han't been updated in more than a year and a half!if you wnat nacal warfare, buy Janes fleet command, and join the sea wolves. It's a lot more fun with 50 people to play with!Uh, and for ofp, I don't  think  Bis really wanted boats, they have a lot of water, but no rivers. Also Sub wouldn't work because i've driven a tank (untill it exploed) under water, and the ocean (or lake)  is not that deep. Also haveing an aegis cruiser, or those admerial sumthings (forgot the name) are a complete over kill. The aegis cruiser would launch 3 tomahawks, and kile 20 t80's and the Admerial namkov's (or so i think the name is)  would use it's large guns(they dont have verymany anti land warfare missles, just andti ship misslies, guns, and  sam's.  

-=Die Alive=-

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

hmm.... good point.

Ya know what people have been saying about having WAY too many positions needed on a ship?

well, if you are the commander of 12 AI players couldn't it be like: (on a large battleship)

1: Commander of ship

2: Lookout (looks for targets and has some kind of radar)

3: Huge, Guided missile controller person

4: Forward Gun person

5: Aft (or back) gun person

6: Driver

7: eeeerrrrrrrrrrr....... forward machine gunner?

8: Aft (or back) machine gunner

9: RANDOM PERSON TO FILL IN WHEN SOMEONE DIES

10:RANDOM PERSON TO FILL IN WHEN SOMEONE DIES

11:RANDOM PERSON TO FILL IN WHEN SOMEONE DIES

12: RANDOM PERSON TO FILL IN WHEN SOMEONE DIES

how does that sound?

I personally LOVE the sound of battleships in ofp.

And I hope that one day they will be implimented.

like i said, large ships won't and shouldn't have that large of an effect in ofp. maybe a lhd (my favorite type of ship!) or lha where you can launch helis, harriers, lcacs(hover craft), landing ships, and other stuff.

have you ever seen the film with steeve mcqueen about an american boat in china during the revolution , wich has to mission to protect the american peopl there ?

a ship of this size would be cool , a bigger patrol boat than the pbr with at least 4 combat posts

Can't be done. The OFP engine doesn't support more than one weapon firing at a time. The firing points can cycle from one to the other, but you can't have more than one gun firing at once.

yees so for a more tactic use you'll must choose in wich diretion and with wich weapon youll fire