Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Good, good.

Too bad I'm five hours ahead of you timezone-wise. :)

Like I've mentioned before, doesn't stop our german friends from coming to play.

If/When I do a playtest, I'll try to make it earlier in my timezone so it's not too late for you guys.

So happened to stumble upon a really serious bug (that I found out has been in since like about 3.02).

JIP players would sometimes fail to initialize and get stuck at the mission loading screen, with the RPT being spammed with unknown expression errors.

Funny story... if the HQ is undeployed and you would JIP join, you spawned underneath it and your character died. Then during the time when you are dead, the client scripts initialized with you not being on Bluefor or Opfor because you technically don't have a team at that point.

Fixed it by making it grab a random position AROUND the HQ rather than right on the HQ.

I'm a goof :)

So happened to stumble upon a really serious bug (that I found out has been in since like about 3.02).

JIP players would sometimes fail to initialize and get stuck at the mission loading screen, with the RPT being spammed with unknown expression errors.

Funny story... if the HQ is undeployed and you would JIP join, you spawned underneath it and your character died. Then during the time when you are dead, the client scripts initialized with you not being on Bluefor or Opfor because you technically don't have a team at that point.

Fixed it by making it grab a random position AROUND the HQ rather than right on the HQ.

I'm a goof :)

Nice, mate,

can you send me the only file that you mod for fix that,

thank you in advance

you can pm me or use my email: info@warfare-tournament.com

:)

Nice, mate,

can you send me the only file that you mod for fix that,

thank you in advance

you can pm me or use my email: info@warfare-tournament.com

:)

Server\Server_PlayerConnected.sqf

Replace the old setPos to starting location with

//--- SetPos to starting location
if (_side == West) then {
(leader _team) SetPos ([GetPos WestMHQ,20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};
if (_side == East) then {
(leader _team) SetPos ([GetPos EastMHQ,20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};

Replace the old SetPos the player to the safe area with

//--- SetPos the player to the safe area
(leader _team) SetPos ([getMarkerPos "Respawn_West",20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};
(leader _team) SetPos ([getMarkerPos "Respawn_East",20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};

there is new idea about spawn - what about remove spawn from camps and give every player vehicle for spawn. limit like 1 only per player only and can be used only in static position with same script as mhq.

there is new idea about spawn - what about remove spawn from camps and give every player vehicle for spawn. limit like 1 only per player only and can be used only in static position with same script as mhq.

Camps aren't spawnable right now if a player contests them, besides that I'm going to keep camps spawnable (for now). This could change in the future with a parameter.

I'm not too sure what you mean by give every player a vehicle for spawn? Players have a wide variety of vehicles they can buy that allows them to spawn on right now.

Replace the old setPos to starting location with

//--- SetPos to starting location
(leader _team) SetPos ([GetPos WestMHQ,20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};
(leader _team) SetPos ([GetPos EastMHQ,20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};

Replace the old SetPos the player to the safe area with

//--- SetPos the player to the safe area
(leader _team) SetPos ([getMarkerPos "Respawn_West",20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};
(leader _team) SetPos ([getMarkerPos "Respawn_East",20,30] Call GetRandomPosition);
};

Thank you a lot mate ;)

Sorry the second one is supposed to say PlayerDisconnected.sqf

Hmm, I like the camp spawn thing. Yeah, I'm lazy and like to spawn very close to the depot. :)

currently I stop playing warfare map due to huge dis-balance when you use tanks.

You buy 3-4 ai tanks and take town - other player just spawn with metis or even rpg/smaw and kill them like chicken.

So currently not point to buy tanks.They only good when not players near or may be other reason.

This not only me - it is also my friends told me about it.

Currently warfare mostly player only map no ai.Originally map was designed to play with ais.Iif you waste 30k to have 4 tanks with you you should have some advantage to single player with rpg.But not in game 1 player with camp spawn can kill all your tanks take town - rearm and go to next town.As result players stop using ais and stop playing arma2 at all and play bf or crysis or what ever because ai is one of the biggest difference when you compare arma2 and other games.

Do options is not solution - as you see above people lazy and want teleporting and want to have weapons all the time - but only 5-6 players player on each server.1 years ago you can find space with play warfare all servers was busy at evening time - look now.Is onyl arma2.ru busy all the rest......

If you give option that equal all players in game (same in other games ) or maps you will get your map and game popular.

You can build spawn bunker or other big building.Migth be option to take spawn bunker from enemy.

In operation flahspoint we play mfcti and you can spawn at hospitals.

Cleanrock make new map where you can spawn only in base.As result crcti maps became much more popular and we have clan battle every year based on crcti maps.

Currently we cant re-create crcti maps in arma2 due to several reasons - but we can keep some principles that was very attractive in past.

Edited by kotov12345

Are you aware of camp contesting? When you attack a town, bring infantry with you and send them to each of the camps. Then the enemy team can't spawn there.

Gotta use some tactics, can't just roll into a town.

currently I stop playing warfare map due to huge dis-balance when you use tanks.

You buy 3-4 ai tanks and take town - other player just spawn with metis or even rpg/smaw and kill them like chicken.

So currently not point to buy tanks.They only good when not players near or may be other reason.

Yeah, agreed. 10 Metis guys 10 * 150 = 1500 against 4 Tusk's 4 * 8000 = 32000. Cheap tactic.

I only use Tanks VS players to shell towns from far, far away.

Any good solution for this? A limit on Anti-tank guys? Higher price?

Yeah, agreed. 10 Metis guys 10 * 150 = 1500 against 4 Tusk's 4 * 8000 = 32000. Cheap tactic.

I only use Tanks VS players to shell towns from far, far away.

Any good solution for this? A limit on Anti-tank guys? Higher price?

I'll raise the prices for anti-tank soldiers.

EDIT: Done:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18481

Edited by GossamerSolid

Currently warfare mostly player only map no ai.Originally map was designed to play with ais.Iif you waste 30k to have 4 tanks with you you should have some advantage to single player with rpg.But not in game 1 player with camp spawn can kill all your tanks take town - rearm and go to next town.As result players stop using ais and stop playing arma2 at all and play bf or crysis or what ever because ai is one of the biggest difference when you compare arma2 and other games.

Do options is not solution - as you see above people lazy and want teleporting and want to have weapons all the time - but only 5-6 players player on each server.1 years ago you can find space with play warfare all servers was busy at evening time - look now.Is onyl arma2.ru busy all the rest......

If you give option that equal all players in game (same in other games ) or maps you will get your map and game popular.

You can build spawn bunker or other big building.Migth be option to take spawn bunker from enemy.

In operation flahspoint we play mfcti and you can spawn at hospitals.

Cleanrock make new map where you can spawn only in base.As result crcti maps became much more popular and we have clan battle every year based on crcti maps.

Currently we cant re-create crcti maps in arma2 due to several reasons - but we can keep some principles that was very attractive in past.

Agreed. Most experienced Warfare players can get into the city on bike, capture one camp (despite static MG nests; it's easy to avoid their fire) and eliminate all defenders using constant ressurection. There is no Arma spirit in such a gameplay.

I remember there was CRCTI mission before Warfare BE became popular with no city camp ressurection. You could ressurect on base or in a body of a AI soldier from your team. Can't remember it's exact name though.

Team respawn only would be a perfect feature, I loved team respawn missions in OFP like the good old "Hold city" on Kolgujev.

Well I guess I'll add in camp respawn as a parameter, but camp respawning will be ON by default.

This new version will be a killer!

And I want to try it out now! :)

Well I guess I'll add in camp respawn as a parameter, but camp respawning will be ON by default.

and metis or javelin it self is not issue and price as well.Just need limited locations where you can have them.Let it be ammo truck only or special build like barrack now or may be make new build like gear factory :)

make prices high or low it is big mistake for map creators.Every player should be able to use any weapons in game in logic way.

Ammo and vehicles can be taken in base only and if someone dies - he can not be revive unless someone else can help him.(spawn in base only) or special building which can be destroyable made but no access to addition weapons(ak74/m16 + 1 rpg18/m136 can be given).

Tanks need to be lowed in price unless bis change current damage system.

Base building need to be more expensive limited in quantity and stronger.Optionally need possibility to have repair truck to rebuild them - may be do rebuild truck ?

Air vehicles more or less balanced now - no problem.Will be good to have option to use ai in rapire/tor sytems but current is ok as well.

Arty need to be less accurate and less powerful.

Edited by kotov12345

lol BIS haven't got any connections with prices spawn etc - it is only map creator control this.

You know that Dev-Heaven isn't BIS right? Dev-Heaven provides a bug tracker for a large quantity of missions and mods.

So if you look at that ticket, it says "Gossamer's Warfare" at the top of the page.

This new version will be a killer!

And I want to try it out now! :)

Should be out relatively soon :)

and metis or javelin it self is not issue and price as well.Just need limited locations where you can have them.Let it be ammo truck only or special build like barrack now or may be make new build like gear factory

You can get them at limited areas: Barracks, Ammo Dump, Camp

make prices high or low it is big mistake for map creators.Every player should be able to use any weapons in game in logic way.

Ammo and vehicles can be taken in base only and if someone dies - he can not be revive unless someone else can help him.(spawn in base only) or special building which can be destroyable made but no access to addition weapons(ak74/m16 + 1 rpg18/m136 can be given).

That is not warfare, that sounds like a co-op mission to me. You can find a lot of those in the User Missions section of the forum

Tanks need to be lowed in price unless bis change current damage system.

They don't though. You were just telling me that players have to use "weapons in game in logic way". Tanks are not supposed to ram into towns and safely get to the depot. Send infantry in first to deal with AT, then go in with the tanks to take out wheeled/tracked targets. The prices of tanks are quite fine.

Base building need to be more expensive limited in quantity and stronger.Optionally need possibility to have repair truck to rebuild them - may be do rebuild truck ?

Base building definetly shouldn't cost more money, it's already easy enough to find bases and buildings. If they were to cost more, matches would end way too early.

Air vehicles more or less balanced now - no problem.Will be good to have option to use ai in rapire/tor sytems but current is ok as well.

The Rapier and Tor Systems are very very strong and I'd basically have to remove them if AI could actually use them. They will always remain player controlled.

Arty need to be less accurate and less powerful.

What type of artillery? On-Map, Off-Map?

Ammo and vehicles can be taken in base only and if someone dies - he can not be revive unless someone else can help him.(spawn in base only) or special building which can be destroyable made but no access to addition weapons(ak74/m16 + 1 rpg18/m136 can be given)

That is not warfare, that sounds like a co-op mission to me. You can find a lot of those in the User Missions section of the forum

Actually, i think having a revive option instead of fixed camp respawns would be the single most awesome addition to Warfare and a great fun- and teamplay-booster. So, when you die you can either choose to wait until someone revives you or respawn at any available player-placed spawn location (but not at camps).

My impression is that spawning at predictable locations has always been a source of cheap exploits and annoying (unrealistic) tactics...

Camp

loooooooool

you drive a bike into enemy rows and take camp where you have choise of any weapons eve exist on earth.

what the difference between this and tks ?

Come on guys!

It's better if you make a MOD/new Warfare mission with these pretty big changes.

Only being able to spawn at a friendly/teamleader or whatever could be horrible when pubbing. Not to talk about the free warping around. Maybe better in a competive setup, scrim or pcw or what ever. :)

That's the good thing with camps. You can split up and take different towns.

It doesn't matter that much if your team pals are complete idiots. :) Remember, I'm talking about public play.

Come on guys!

It's better if you make a MOD/new Warfare mission with these pretty big changes.

You read my mind.

If you guys want to start your own warfare using mine as a codebase, that's cool.

Played this Gossamer thing for the first time the other day and I loved it. The servers all only seemed to run Chernarus though? Not sure why that is. I would love to play it on Takistan sometime, but it's nice to return to Chernarus once in a while too.

I found that the game was a bit low on AI. I ran around capturing villages and often with only a few little defenders there. I also had one bad game where the commander was not very good and was constantly moving the base and wasting money and we lost our most important base and the game fell apart from there. But overall it's been a lot of fun and it's my favourite way of playing Arma 2. I love starting with nothing and having to slum it with just me and a few guys, and then we get some vehicles, and then tanks, and then choppers, and then attack choppers :D

You've done a good job with the polish too. I'm not really pro enough with Benny's yet to be able to compare them thoroughly, but this does seem very well put together. Very nice tidy UI and nice voice commands for everything. I love Bennys too but it's nice to have a good quality alternative.

You read my mind.

If you guys want to start your own warfare using mine as a codebase, that's cool.

Couldn't you just give the versions names or something? And have like Gossamer Apple (the original), and Gossamer Beetroot (the new one). I haven't read about the update yet so ignore this if it makes no sense :P

Edited by Pummel