Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

It was removed in one of the beta patches prior 1.59.

As a workaround you can execute a

endMission "LOSER"

on the client but it will only drop him back to the server lobby and not kick him.

Xeno

Thanks for the information Xeno, I appreciate it.

That kinda sucks though, but guess we have to work with the security changes.

hmmmm you're right. Doesn't seem to kick anymore.

I swear it worked before. Can you guys confirm that in 3.03.b4a that Teamswap kick worked prior to 1.59?

yes, it defenetly worked before.

yes, it defenetly worked before.

Alright I'll try to work on it tonight and see if I can get a 3.03.b5 out.

Sorry for the delay of updates. I'm in exam week right now and I'm trying to update GunGame first.

Re-designed the Teamswap handling. In a way, it's actually better than it used to be.

Now it will tell the player they have teamswapped and their screen will be black (they can't look at the map either).

It will give them a minute to read the warning and then it will send them back to the lobby rather than kicking them.

Here's what it looks like right now:

teamswap.jpg

New bug with TOR/Rapier since 3.03b:

After entering commander slot, the console menu item no longer appears making TOR/Rapier useless, however entering the gunner slot no longer causes CTD

New bug with TOR/Rapier since 3.03b:

After entering commander slot, the console menu item no longer appears making TOR/Rapier useless, however entering the gunner slot no longer causes CTD

The classnames are incorrectly references for the TOR/Rapier, it'll be fixed very soon.

As for any of it causing CTD, it's entirely related to certain clients. Not sure if it's a mod running or a certain version of the game.

Gossamer's Warfare v3.03.b5 is now out

You now get to play on two other excellent islands from mr Icebreakr: Isla Duala and Jade Groove. Map designs by BigMorgan, enjoy!

Download: http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=30

or via the projects updater tool as usual

Changelog: (Includes previous betas)

Bug #16446: Killing friendly targets with Mando Missiles awards bounty

Bug #17611: Attached Vehicles Catching Fire

Bug #17707: Disband destroys the vehicle the unit is in

Bug #17736: Town Defense AI Not guarding towns

Bug #17749: Disbanded units stay in the group

Bug #17864: Major supply miscalculation

Bug #18020: Various Mando HUD files missing

Bug #18193: "City Under Attack" Radio isn't localized for Germans

Bug #18421: JIP Initialization Bug

Bug #18933: Teamswap Kick broken in 1.59

Bug #19083: Militia Strike soldiers do not provide bounty

Bug #19168: HALO Action does not work

Feature #17563: Rank/Cash is bound to Player ID

Feature #17584: Add Missing M4 to Equipment Menu

Feature #17704: Parameter: Team Swap Auto-Kick

Feature #17971: MMA Quick Help Menu Action

Feature #17978: New Playable Island: Tora Bora

Feature #17999: Parameter: Income Levels

Feature #18019: Parameter: Squad Sizes

Feature #18032: When enemies are near a camp, you will not be able to spawn at it

Feature #18167: Parameter: Camp Contesting

Feature #18188: "Disband All" Button in Team Menu

Feature #18452: New Mando Flares Sound

Feature #18495: Parameter: Camp Respawn

Feature #18762: New Playable Island: Duala

Feature #18763: New Playable Island: Jade Groove

Support #17900: Dev Mode: Unlock all Upgrades fixed

Task #16070: Update Mando Missile Mod to v2.4b97

Task #17693: Raise prices of Militia Strike

Task #17751: Ambulances are not affected by Empty Vehicle Timer anymore

Task #17784: Increase amount of counter measures on aircraft

Task #17902: Support Menu: Don't allow SCUD to Rearm

Task #17903: SCUD Launcher now fires Conventional Scuds

Task #17972: Town Capture Cash Reward Raised

Task #17974: Increase Camp Capture Distance

Task #17977: Vehicles can now Capture Camps

Task #18018: Increase cool down times for all assets

Task #18078: Add seperate "reload flares" button to support menu

Task #18142: More "Respawn Bug" Prevention

Task #18143: Tweak AI Skill values

Task #18207: Support trucks aren't affected by the idle vehicle timeout

Task #18481: Raise prices of Anti-Tank Infantry

Task #18712: Reprice Small Arms

Task #18764: Remove countermeasures from Gunner's seat

Trying to push my way towards 3.04 release now.

Just a heads up, 3.04 might be the last major version for a while as I'm getting a little burnt out on warfare and the current content in Vanilla ArmA 2.

Might work on a new project or just take a bit of a break from ArmA 2 in general.

Just a heads up, 3.04 might be the last major version for a while as I'm getting a little burnt out on warfare and the current content in Vanilla ArmA 2.

Might work on a new project or just take a bit of a break from ArmA 2 in general.

Looking at major server population a lot of players feel the same ;) Take a Break...maybe something will change significantly meanwhile with ArmA II and you have a new motivation to go on.

Looking at major server population a lot of players feel the same ;) Take a Break...maybe something will change significantly meanwhile with ArmA II and you have a new motivation to go on.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be as many players as there used to be.

version B5 is missing from TV2, thats your server isnt it?

hey! I have a little problem with the updater: I start it with administrative rights, but there is still the error that I need administrative rights! Any ideas would be great ;)

GossamerSolid, just wanted to say NICE MISSION mate !

Really enjoying it !

hey! I have a little problem with the updater: I start it with administrative rights, but there is still the error that I need administrative rights! Any ideas would be great ;)

Which operating system are you using?

GossamerSolid, just wanted to say NICE MISSION mate !

Really enjoying it !

Thanks man, glad you are enjoying it.

Which operating system are you using?

Hey. Thx for the quick response. I'm using Win7 64.

Hey. Thx for the quick response. I'm using Win7 64.

So you tried right clicking on the exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as administrator ?

So you tried right clicking on the exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as administrator ?

yes. I tried it. but the error is still there. I haven't any idea wh this happening.

yes. I tried it. but the error is still there. I haven't any idea wh this happening.

are you sure that you have administrative access. works quite fine on my pc as well as a few others that tested it for me.

yes. I'm the admin of my system ;) as you can see on the screen (sorry for the german os ;) )

I tried some other software that requires administrative rights and they works fine on my system. It's only the updater that won't work.

1.jpg

Sensing an gradual stagnation of future development this is probably a good time to utter my personal "last wishes" for possible inclusion in 3.04 :) :

1. Higher penalty for deliberate respawning
    Aim: Prevent unrealistic, deliberate respawning in order to fast-travel the map. Suggestion: Gear cost multiplier (e.g. up to 10x) or percentage of the current cash balance (say, up to 75%) with a possible significant progression based on cash balance (the richer you are the more it should hurt). Not sure however if the death penalty caused by "external" circumstances should be exempt from this rule, as it would be rather easy to fake a non-deliberate death by deliberate exposure to enemy fire etc.
  2. Dynamic weather & fog
    Aim: Improved immersion and some tactical impact (e.g. visibility). Configuration via mission parameter similar to Warfare BE "Environment: Weather" but with additional fog option (e.g. crCTI-Proman has a nice and simple fog option included)
  3. Adaptation for I44CO
    I just *love* this mod and it's a shame there's no Gossamer for it :) It wouldn't necessarily have to be adapted to the included map(s). IMHO the already supported ones (Chernarus, Takistan ..) would be perfectly fine, too.

yes. I'm the admin of my system ;) as you can see on the screen (sorry for the german os ;) )

I tried some other software that requires administrative rights and they works fine on my system. It's only the updater that won't work.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your system compared to mine. You can try to turn off the "User Account Control" settings in your user as well.

I'm in the process of re-writing the entire application in C# so I won't be doing any updates for a bit.

Sensing an gradual stagnation of future development this is probably a good time to utter my personal "last wishes" for possible inclusion in 3.04 :) :

1. Higher penalty for deliberate respawning
    Aim: Prevent unrealistic, deliberate respawning in order to fast-travel the map. Suggestion: Gear cost multiplier (e.g. up to 10x) or percentage of the current cash balance (say, up to 75%) with a possible significant progression based on cash balance (the richer you are the more it should hurt). Not sure however if the death penalty caused by "external" circumstances should be exempt from this rule, as it would be rather easy to fake a non-deliberate death by deliberate exposure to enemy fire etc.
I'm not going to do gear cost deduction upon death. There's already a reinforcement fee and I think that's quite enough as it is, but I will add parameter where server admins can raise the reinforcement fees if they wish.

Dynamic weather & fog
Aim: Improved immersion and some tactical impact (e.g. visibility). Configuration via mission parameter similar to Warfare BE "Environment: Weather" but with additional fog option (e.g. crCTI-Proman has a nice and simple fog option included)
I was working on weather at one point, but I shelved it because I didn't feel that it was very important. I can't promise you it will make it into 3.04, but I'll keep it in mind.

Adaptation for I44CO
I just *love* this mod and it's a shame there's no Gossamer for it :) It wouldn't necessarily have to be adapted to the included map(s). IMHO the already supported ones (Chernarus, Takistan ..) would be perfectly fine, too.

I'd love to start making some modded versions, but 3.04 is my first priority, then I'm porting warfare over to two other mods that I've promised their authors I'd do already.

I have to spend some time with the scripts to make it easy to use modded content in warfare (such as the upgrades system, which needs to be re-done for every mod).

If people do seem to still want features and people are still playing it, I might be spending more time on warfare than I originally thought I would.

A quick question Gossamer. Is there a plan for an AI commander? Also is there a throttle on scripts if the server FPS drops too low ?

On another note, dont be too harsh with those that respawn. The majority of people DON'T kill themselves to cross the map!

A quick question Gossamer. Is there a plan for an AI commander?

I doubt it. The FAQ (see first post) has the following to say:

Q: Where is the AI Commander?

A: Players have to be the commander, there is no AI commander, nor are there plans for it.

You could play Warfare BE with AI slots disabled. No major difference to Gossamer's short of the skill sets and (I guess) some commander assets but it comes with an AI commander.