Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Played this Gossamer thing for the first time the other day and I loved it. The servers all only seemed to run Chernarus though? Not sure why that is. I would love to play it on Takistan sometime, but it's nice to return to Chernarus once in a while too.

I think "TV2 - 1 CO Takistan Players Choice by #vote" plays Gossamer's warfare takistan quite a bit, be sure to check there.

There is actually support for 6 or 7 islands I believe, just depends on what the server administrators want to play I guess :)

I found that the game was a bit low on AI. I ran around capturing villages and often with only a few little defenders there. I also had one bad game where the commander was not very good and was constantly moving the base and wasting money and we lost our most important base and the game fell apart from there. But overall it's been a lot of fun and it's my favourite way of playing Arma 2. I love starting with nothing and having to slum it with just me and a few guys, and then we get some vehicles, and then tanks, and then choppers, and then attack choppers :D

There isn't as much AI because AI generally is the cause of performance issues in multiplayer. I'm going to implement a parameter in the future which lets server admins choose how much resistance should be in towns so people can better choose what they'd like to see.

You've done a good job with the polish too. I'm not really pro enough with Benny's yet to be able to compare them thoroughly, but this does seem very well put together. Very nice tidy UI and nice voice commands for everything. I love Bennys too but it's nice to have a good quality alternative.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Couldn't you just give the versions names or something? And have like Gossamer Apple (the original), and Gossamer Beetroot (the new one). I haven't read about the update yet so ignore this if it makes no sense :P

Well I provide semi-regular updates to Gossamer's Warfare. I was telling the other guys that if they wish to implement all the changes they want, they are free to start their own version of warfare and base it off of mine if they'd like.

I managed to fly some planes and choppers in my most recent game. I love the way to control missiles from the pop up hud screen. Very cool. It worked great in the KA52, although I couldn't figure out how to lock on to anything using the SU25 or the other choppers. I need to play it some more I guess. I might have to work out a way to practice because practising in game with a $30,000+ flying unit is not ideal :)

p.s. Thanks for the replies just spotted that. I'll just hunt for other servers I guess to see what each one does. Every game I've played so far has been fun though. I'm still new at Arma 2 in multiplayer, but from the bits I've tried, CTI certainly seems to be my favourite way of playing online, and Gossamer Warfare is quickly becoming my favourite of that too. It's such a great experience with two good teams.

Edited by Pummel

I managed to fly some planes and choppers in my most recent game. I love the way to control missiles from the pop up hud screen. Very cool. It worked great in the KA52, although I couldn't figure out how to lock on to anything using the SU25 or the other choppers. I need to play it some more I guess. I might have to work out a way to practice because practising in game with a $30,000+ flying unit is not ideal :)

Get the mod Mando's Missiles and fire up the editor. Just add the planes/choppers you want to try out. You can do this over and over again without any wait for cash. :)

Get the mod Mando's Missiles and fire up the editor. Just add the planes/choppers you want to try out. You can do this over and over again without any wait for cash. :)

Cool! Thanks, I'll do that.

Forgot to email my german translator with the stringtable, might have to wait a couple of extra days for 3.03.b4

:)

Forgot to email my german translator with the stringtable, might have to wait a couple of extra days for 3.03.b4

:)

That's OK. I don't need the german stringtable. ;)

That's OK. I don't need the german stringtable. ;)

I'm also at school right now and RDP is turned off on my pc. I could release the version with outdated german stringtables, but I have a feeling that a german speaking player would complain about the mixmatch of languages and say I forgot to do it :P

I'm also at school right now and RDP is turned off on my pc. I could release the version with outdated german stringtables, but I have a feeling that a german speaking player would complain about the mixmatch of languages and say I forgot to do it :P
I use english menu language anyway...the german tranlations in ArmA is a bit clumsy and the words used are often to long to be displayed in the right way.

I use english menu language anyway...the german tranlations in ArmA is a bit clumsy and the words used are often to long to be displayed in the right way.

If you wish to contribute new translations, I'd take them. Or if you want to contact the person who handles my german translations right now (to make comments, etc), contact:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=72917

If you wish to contribute new translations, I'd take them. Or if you want to contact the person who handles my german translations right now (to make comments, etc), contact:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=72917

I was speaking of BI translations in editor and menus...the english ones are much more clear...and shorter.

I was speaking of BI translations in editor and menus...the english ones are much more clear...and shorter.

ah, I thought you were talking about the warfare ones.

I have the updated german stringtables now, I will be releasing beta 4 tonight when I get home from class.

So in about 4 hours :)

I have the updated german stringtables now, I will be releasing beta 4 tonight when I get home from class.

So in about 4 hours :)

Great! I'm lookin' forward to it!

Version 3.03.b4 is ready to be played :)

Download: http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=26

As usual, you can also get it from the updater application

Changelog: (Contains previous betas)

Bug #16446: Killing friendly targets with Mando Missiles awards bounty

Bug #17611: Attached Vehicles Catching Fire

Bug #17707: Disband destroys the vehicle the unit is in

Bug #17736: Town Defense AI Not guarding towns

Bug #17749: Disbanded units stay in the group

Bug #17864: Major supply miscalculation

Bug #18020: Various Mando HUD files missing

Bug #18193: "City Under Attack" Radio isn't localized for Germans

Bug #18421: JIP Initialization Bug

Feature #17563: Rank/Cash is bound to Player ID

Feature #17584: Add Missing M4 to Equipment Menu

Feature #17704: Parameter: Team Swap Auto-Kick

Feature #17971: MMA Quick Help Menu Action

Feature #17978: New Playable Island: Tora Bora

Feature #17999: Parameter: Income Levels

Feature #18019: Parameter: Squad Sizes

Feature #18032: When enemies are near a camp, you will not be able to spawn at it

Feature #18188: "Disband All" Button in Team Menu

Feature #18452: New Mando Flares Sound

Support #17900: Dev Mode: Unlock all Upgrades fixed

Task #16070: Update Mando Missile Mod to v2.4b97

Task #17693: Raise prices of Militia Strike

Task #17751: Ambulances are not affected by Empty Vehicle Timer anymore

Task #17902: Support Menu: Don't allow SCUD to Rearm

Task #17903: SCUD Launcher now fires Conventional Scuds

Task #17972: Town Capture Cash Reward Raised

Task #17974: Increase Camp Capture Distance

Task #17977: Vehicles can now Capture Camps

Task #18018: Increase cool down times for all assets

Task #18078: Add seperate "reload flares" button to support menu

Task #18142: More "Respawn Bug" Prevention

Task #18143: Tweak AI Skill values

Task #18207: Support trucks aren't affected by the idle vehicle timeout

Task #18481: Raise prices of Anti-Tank Infantry

i think it's time to have some awesome matches again. It's been a while :(

definetly, I'll try to see if we can get something going this weekend.

With the new release of Duala, I'll be having it added in to the next version of warfare (Will also use the units Icebreakr has so kindly provided. Full mando support will be added to the aircraft).

If you'd like to see any other islands have warfare on them, please suggest away!

Edited by GossamerSolid

If you'd like to see any other islands have warfare on them, please suggest away!

Well, Panthera(2) is the most good looking island around imo. But the AI have some troubles there. Is it hard, making missions for other islands? Maybe I can do it myself?

Edited by Posta

Well, Panthera(2) is the most good looking island around imo. But the AI have some troubles there. Is it hard, making missions for other islands? Maybe I can do it myself?

It's not hard to make it work, but it's difficult to make sure camp/depot placement is correct, supply values are in check with similar sized maps that are already made, how many towns are on the map, the proximity of towns to other towns, etc.

It's a time consuming task :)

It's not hard to make it work, but it's difficult to make sure camp/depot placement is correct, supply values are in check with similar sized maps that are already made, how many towns are on the map, the proximity of towns to other towns, etc.

It's a time consuming task :)

Ahh, yeah i've seen something about that in the .pbo.

Don't know if I will run around with a GPS and write that down. :)

Benny's has Panthera by the way. Is it possible to copy that, the placements?

Btw, just tested the newest Gossa.

1. Medic, self heal? He can't do it. His class ability "Heal" is free but slow and more dangerous. Don't remember how it was in the previous version.

2. Is everything OK with the starting level group size (AI)? Have you changed this?

3. Overall, GREAT update!

Ahh, yeah i've seen something about that in the .pbo.

Don't know if I will run around with a GPS and write that down. :)

Benny's has Panthera by the way. Is it possible to copy that, the placements?

Would rather have a new design for gossamer's warfare maps, don't want to steal from another version.

Btw, just tested the newest Gossa.

1. Medic, self heal? He can't do it. His class ability "Heal" is free but slow and more dangerous. Don't remember how it was in the previous version.

2. Is everything OK with the starting level group size (AI)? Have you changed this?

3. Overall, GREAT update!

1. Self Heal? Do you mean the one in the action menu that the medic normally gets or do you mean the one in the class menu? If it's the class menu one, I'll take a look at it later. If it's the action menu, I couldn't have touched it as that's a BIS function (the basic healing from the medic). What version of arma are you running?

2. The default squad sizes have been reduced, they can be changed via parameter. The "High" setting is slightly smaller than what we used to have.

3. Thanks, glad you are enjoying it :)

Good point with "stealing".

1. Class menu. Engie and CL can still do it. I'm testing the new 1.59 RC 6.

2. In the previous versions you only had one AI slot before leveling. Now you have more than that. Tried both the default and large-parameters. A feature or a bug? :)

Would rather have a new design for gossamer's warfare maps, don't want to steal from another version.

1. Self Heal? Do you mean the one in the action menu that the medic normally gets or do you mean the one in the class menu? If it's the class menu one, I'll take a look at it later. If it's the action menu, I couldn't have touched it as that's a BIS function (the basic healing from the medic). What version of arma are you running?

2. The default squad sizes have been reduced, they can be changed via parameter. The "High" setting is slightly smaller than what we used to have.

3. Thanks, glad you are enjoying it :)

Important

Please download version 3.03.b4a which has now been uploaded. It addresses the fact that Mando missiles were not awarding any bounty for kills. This is my fault because I forgot to send Xeno426 (he takes care of our mando scripts) the updated score function. So I'll say it again Do NOT use 3.03.b4, please use 3.03.b4a

download - http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=26

or via the updater tool

@Posta:

//Disable Self-Heal if you are a medic
if (playerType in classMedic) then {ctrlEnable [16516, false]};

1. Ok, medic self-healing in class menu GUI has always been disabled because the medics can heal themselves. I'll remove the restriction and it'll be allowed in version b5

2. Feature, that's how they were intended to be. I've changed them in 3.03.b4 now though. Here's the getSquadSize script

_rank = Call GetPlayerRank;

_maxGroupSize = 2;
if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 3};
if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 5};
if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 7};
if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};

_class = typeOf player;
if (_class in classTeamLeader) then {
_maxGroupSize = 2;
if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 5};
if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 7};
if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};
};

if (!isNull(commanderTeam)) then {
if (commanderTeam == group player) then {
	_maxGroupSize = 2;
	if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 7};
	if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
	if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
	if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};
	if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 15};
};
};

if (paramSquadSize == 1) then {
_maxGroupSize = 2;
if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 5};
if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 7};
if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};

_class = typeOf player;
	_maxGroupSize = 2;
};

_maxGroupSize = 2;
		if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
		if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
		if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};
		if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 15};
		if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 17};
	};
};
};

if (paramSquadSize == 2) then {
_maxGroupSize = 2;

_class = typeOf player;
	_maxGroupSize = 2;
	if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 9};
	if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
	if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};
	if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 15};
	if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 17};
};

_maxGroupSize = 2;
		if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 11};
		if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_maxGroupSize = 13};
		if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_maxGroupSize = 15};
		if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_maxGroupSize = 17};
		if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_maxGroupSize = 19};
	};
};
};

_maxGroupSize

Yeah, the new squad size script is much better.

3.03.b4a it is! Hope the server admins will get that! :)

Edit: Not too good writing on forums in the middle of the night/early morning.

Edited by Posta

Hi Ive noticed that the bounty reward for destroying enemy vehicles does not always work,noticed on Chernarus map.

Hi Ive noticed that the bounty reward for destroying enemy vehicles does not always work,noticed on Chernarus map.

Unfortunately, I've seen that issue since I started working on warfare. Has to do with the networking system.

I'm looking to replace it eventually.