Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Any chance we could see the destruction timer removed or extended for empty support trucks (as with ambulances)?

Any chance we could see the destruction timer removed or extended for empty support trucks (as with ambulances)?

sure, I'll add support trucks to the list.

I found the parameter for capturing towns when it comes to speed. Just changed it from 1 to 4 'cause my towns are four times bigger.

But how about camps? I feel that they take like a week to capture. I wonder if this maybe be like that with the newest Gossamer's to balance it out with AI capping camps. OR is it in relation to my bigger towns? Airfield is 200 instead of 50 and so on!

Larger town's camps take longer to capture.

Parameter for capping a camp? Sadly it's not the same as with capping towns. A camp in a huge town (560/560) takes forever. :)

Of course not your fault, it's just my lacking modding skills.

Edited by Posta

Parameter for capping a camp? Sadly it's not the same as with capping towns. A camp in a huge town (560/560) takes forever. :)

Technically my fault for not making it easier to modify, but to be honest, I didn't really write the capture code. That was inherited from the Warfare BE version I started on like 1 1/2 years ago.

I should probably spend some time going through how everything works (specifically that camp capturing as that's always something that has bothered me :)).

I've just been really busy lately. I have family up right now, I had some midterms last week, I have some midterms this upcoming week and I have a couple of assignments.

Technically my fault for not making it easier to modify, but to be honest, I didn't really write the capture code. That was inherited from the Warfare BE version I started on like 1 1/2 years ago.

I should probably spend some time going through how everything works (specifically that camp capturing as that's always something that has bothered me :)).

I've just been really busy lately. I have family up right now, I had some midterms last week, I have some midterms this upcoming week and I have a couple of assignments.

I see. It's time to PM Benny then. :)

Of course family and irl-stuff comes first! Take it easy. :)

hi Posta I have problem similar of your on my warfare tournament

And I change that code in the camp capture I think that this can help you a lot

Server\Server_UpdateCamp.sqf

line 29 to 39

if (_east == 0 && _west == 0) then {_skip = true};
if (!_skip) then {
	_sideID = _camp getVariable Format["%1SideID",_campName];
	_supply = _town getVariable Format["%1SupplyValue",_townName];
	_timeToCapture = (_camp getVariable Format["%1SupplyValue",_campName]);
	if (_timeToCapture > 200) then {_timeToCapture = 200};
	if ((_timeToCapture > 160) && (_timeToCapture < 200)) then {_timeToCapture = 160};

//hint format["capture: %1", _timeToCapture];

_force = (_east + _west) * _delay;

if (_timeToCapture > 200) then {_timeToCapture = 200};

if ((_timeToCapture > 160) && (_timeToCapture < 200)) then {_timeToCapture = 160};

//hint format["capture: %1", _timeToCapture];

those line

will limit the camp capture time for town that have more than 200 SV

and for town that have more than 160 SV

with hint you can see if all works fine,

enable on map click and check all city camp capture time if works as you intendeed..

hope to help :)

Rubber

Thank you Rubber! I will look into this.

Hmm, there is another solution as well. Going with standard size towns and just changing the bonus cash for Colonel to around 5. And boosting the starting supply parameter to around 100k. That should do it.

That way I will have the original cap time on camps and towns. Just more money income when Colonel.

EDIT: It worked just as well. I just learned that the size of the defending force indeed is in relation to the town size (supply points).

Edited by Posta

I thought about what ginger said a few pages back and I'm going to change how the versioning is numbered.

I'm going to skip version 3.03 completely.

Right now we are on 3.03.b3 and when the 3.03 betas are done, the version will be released as 3.04.

That SHOULD make it easier for people to figure out which version is latest.

Right now we are on 3.03.b3 and when the 3.03 betas are done, the version will be released as 3.04.

That SHOULD make it easier for people to figure out which version is latest.

Great! That way a higher number is always better.

And after 3.04?

3.04 (3.04.00) ----> 3.04.01 ------> 3.04.02 -------> 3.05

-------

Darn my idea with changing the level income as COLONEL bugged out the money system. Everything looked good in game. But it was just a big embezzlement.

_income = Call Compile Format["%1 Call GetTotalSupplyValue",sideJoined];

_rank = WF_Logic getVariable Format["%1Player%2Rank",sideJoinedText,clientID];
if (_rank == "SERGEANT") then {_income = round(_income * 0.90)};
if (_rank == "LIEUTENANT") then {_income = round(_income * 1.00)};
if (_rank == "CAPTAIN") then {_income = round(_income * 1.15)};
if (_rank == "MAJOR") then {_income = round(_income * 1.25)};
if (_rank == "COLONEL") then {_income = round(_income * 5.00)};

_income

That "* 5.00" was actually like 1.00 in game. I guess 5.00 is too high and the game (silently) goes back to the original around 1.00.

What do you think guys?

There's two places you have to change it.

Common_ChangeClientFundsIncome.sqf

and

Client_GetIncome.sqf

sort of redundant, I know, but that's how it is.

As for the version changes, it will be like you showed.

To all that might have been wondering:

Yes, I'm still working on warfare. Actually working on 3.03.b4 right now.

I'd still love to hear some requests, comments, criticism, etc from the players.

EDIT: To help address players getting "too much money", Income Levels parameter has been introduced.

Percentages are percentage of base income level (Add up all town's SV owned)

Very Low

Sgt - 40%

Lt - 50%

Cpt - 65%

Maj - 75%

Col - 85%

Low

Sgt - 60%

Lt - 70%

Cpt - 85%

Maj - 95%

Col - 105%

Sgt - 85%

Lt - 95%

Cpt - 105%

Maj - 115%

Col - 125%

High

Sgt - 110%

Lt - 120%

Cpt - 135%

Maj - 145%

Col - 155%

Very High

Sgt - 130%

Lt - 140%

Cpt - 155%

Maj - 165%

Col - 175%

Now server admins can choose what they want

Edited by GossamerSolid

I'd still love to hear some requests, comments, criticism, etc from the players.

EDIT: To help address players getting "too much money", Income Levels parameter has been introduced.

Some people like to do this cheap sh*t:

1. Joining mid/late game. They have like 100-200k.

2. Buying an A-10 or similar.

3. Being shot down.

4. Repeating step 2-3 til' money runs out.

5. Switching player slot.

6. Buying an A-10 or similar.

7. And so on. And the servers are never full. So there is many "never played" player slots.

This lame tactic is the real problem here. And some players do this every night. Game breaking. Please look at Benny's and his player ID and implement that fast. In my opinion the only thing that need hasty attention in Gossamer's.

Pre-EDIT: Need sleep.

I'm working on the UID bound rank/money.

Benny's way of doing stuff has been vastly changed since I started using his version. I'm still trying to figure out how it fully works.

Just gotta have some patience :)

I'm working on the UID bound rank/money.

Benny's way of doing stuff has been vastly changed since I started using his version. I'm still trying to figure out how it fully works.

Just gotta have some patience :)

Thank you very much for working on it!

Alright, so it should pretty much be done.

Had to look at how he did his and re-write it to work with my code.

Should be finished, but I'm going to do some testing tommorow with a few people to make sure it's good to go.

If it works good, then I'll probably be releasing beta 4 on this thursday or friday.

Wow, that was fast! :)

With that fixed there is no need to make the air stuff any more expensive. It should fix the lazy "not capping a town once"-guys as well.

Great work Gossa! If you need any help testing this you know where to find me. :)

Before 3.04 goes final, I'll probably call upon some testers for a match.

What timezone and country are you in? If we're going to get people together, we need to make sure we'll have a good time for it.

Before 3.04 goes final, I'll probably call upon some testers for a match.

What timezone and country are you in? If we're going to get people together, we need to make sure we'll have a good time for it.

Germany here but I work late shift this week so its more a ping than a time of day issue. It's GMT+1. Will your test server run 1.57 or 1.59RC? Edited by Beagle

Germany here but I work late shift this week so its more a ping than a time of day issue. It's GMT+1. Will your test server run 1.57 or 1.59RC?

all depends on what's up. Might try out 1.59RC because it'd be good to try it out on the latest possible version.

1.59 full might be out soon depending on what happens with the RC.

We play with a few other german players, but they stay up pretty late, not sure if you're cool with that.

I'll make a post with solid plans on thursday night.

Alright so I just did a thorough test with my roommate and it's 95% working :)

Only one small issue which I've already technically fixed. I'll retest later tonight with another person to ensure it's 100% working.

Alright so I just did a thorough test with my roommate and it's 95% working :)

Only one small issue which I've already technically fixed. I'll retest later tonight with another person to ensure it's 100% working.

Good, good.

Too bad I'm five hours ahead of you timezone-wise. :)