Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

EOD Dog (EODD) WIP Release

This isn't by far finished, and I don't really intend to, but I'm sure someone will love it as is, if not improve on it. ;)

Linky

eodd.jpg

I give full permission for someone to rip this apart and release it properly. All I ask is my name somewhere in the credits... even if its subliminal. :p

It was put together for fun, and is by no means a great example of coding, but it does the job well enough.

Edited by Rommel

HI... thanks. I was playing around with the dog this week. I will give it a try soon.

Does he bark?

LOVELY! I remember a tracking dog in alpha state a good while back. This is even better.

For those interested, it currently detects placed pipebombs (my IED of choice atm), but you could always replace the classname with another object.

Could this be used in something like the Domination mission? Is there an easy way to do it? (meaning, can non code-junkies do it? lol)

Awesome dude, do you think you could make a EOD suit or something cause that would be even better if you can thx

Nice stuff Rommel !

He's been hiding from Ryan & Tank ...lol

PS, how's the map coming along?

Nice job so far. If you decide to continue work on it, here are some ideas...

It would be more realistic if the dog would go over to the explosive and sit down. This is what real EOD and drug sniffing dogs do. Also, this might be better if the dog was a standalone unit, rather than this being a mission script. Either way, I like the commands. Maybe replace Stop with "Stay" and Follow with "Come" or "Heel" or equivalent German language commands (since many US working dogs are taught German commands for safety reasons).

Here's an idea. Fetch. Throw an object and see if the dog can bring it back to you. Obviously, this is not a fun game if the object is a grenade, but there's a baseball object in the Editor which could be converted to a throwable object. I think the dog would have to use attachTo for the ball since animals don't have inventories, I don't think.

Edited by Feint

Nice work there Romm. I can see how this could be useful in an MSO ;) Get him to chase Ryan and DMC around so they couldn't get out of the HWMMV :D

Very Nice work...this is awesome, but i have only a question, i have try with my friend this script on MP, but i can see the dog correctly, and my buddy see the dog bugged underground, why ? any idea ? anyway, man, this is very nice script...

i had fun palying with that puppy, running it over, blowing it up, keep it chasing my car untill it get tired (though i got tired first XD) ty for your creative works. been thinking about making a simple mission with it like IED clearing. though my skill r very very very limited.

just wonder if u will continue working on this puppy like adding more command like get in transport? or respawing? or play fetch XD

If Rommel agrees, I am going to give him full credit for this and include the EOD dog as part of the IED Detection and Ordnance Disposal script I am working on.

I've read Rommel's statement in the release page on Armaholic, quote:

I give full permission for someone to rip this apart and release it properly. All I ask is my name somewhere in the credits... even if its subliminal.

It was put together for fun, and is by no means a great example of coding, but it does the job well enough.

but I wanted to clarify this before I proceed.

Rommel may I have your blessing? ;) I'll buy the best dog biscuits I can find, promise!

Does this dog work...err function in MP environment?

Yes, all the testing was done in MP.

That poor thing went splat a few times during that time. :D