Sign in to follow this  
victim913

My units keep taking weapons off of dead opfor

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm playing user created mission as delta and my guys keep dropping their backpacks and picking up launchers from the dead opfor? My machine gunner did so, which made him drop his machine gun(do to the fact that machine gun takes up primary and secondary slot) and so now he walks around with his handgun.

It would be ok if they had no backpacks or machine guns. But I can't stop them.

I am walking in formation and then i see #4 and #5 show "MOVE" status on their icon, so I turn and watch them run to a dead soldier and change weapons.

I don't know if this is troubleshooting or something done on purpose or a user created misssion issue?

Playing the DeltaForce mission from the SealTeamSix guy.

Thanks

Im pretty sure that it is a mission bug, since its not a standard game feature. It might also be some enhancement mod your run. Try running the mission with only the needed addons by the mission.

Sounds like you're using some sort of AI mod.

Indeed! - sounds like GL4?

Must be an mod, because I would really like the AI to do this....but I can't convince them to do so. Last night, my MG gunners ran out of ammo, and even when I gave them the order to rearm at basic US supply ammobox they just stood there and never resupplied. So I was runnig a squad with 2 men armed with handguns only...

Select one of them, press 6 (actions) and gear. They have to be close to the crate or dead body for it to work.

what is GL4? or VFAI?

I know i have a bunch of addons that i put into one folder, and that will take some work guessing which does what since many don't give discriptive names for the addons.

I am, however, not using anything different than I have used before. And this is the first time it's happened. And the only addons i have are ogjects or units. MWMod is the biggest i'm using

And is it just me or is their live minefields in Takistan? Near the northen airstrip where all those old fortifications are, there are small mine warning signs. I drove near them and just blew up. I didn't think it was from enemies. It happend again, but then when i tried driving through the fields nothing happened. Anyone know about that?

Thanks

what is GL4? or VFAI?

I know i have a bunch of addons that i put into one folder, and that will take some work guessing which does what since many don't give discriptive names for the addons.

Thanks

This is why you use mod folders and separate them with a name of your choice. :rolleyes: I think pretty much every mod's readme.txt says this...

The minefields have to be by design; in the editor the maps are totally blank and have no triggers/place-able objects. Whoever designed the mission wanted it like that

Edited by No Use For A Name

No use for a Name- I do use modfolders and using modfolders would not help me in this issue or change anything. If i gave thme each a modfolder, it would be named after the pbo anyway. I download pretty much everything that comes out. I have all the major ones like , ace, cba, bwmod, hexagon,RTE, all islands, and a couple more in it's own @folder. I use a @X folder as my misc folder. All the addons that are only 1 or 2 pbos or any that don't need to constantly be monitored are in my @X folder. And a folder for addons i don't use at all. I have over 240 addon pbos in my misc folder i think it would be ridiculous to give each of them a seperate @mod folder. Especially since the shortcuts target line does not let you type every @ folder. But giving them their own folder still doesn't tell me what CEG.pbo is, or a2020_idfspf.pbo or loki_lk.pbo etc. Luckily most have names with authors name in it like HK or whatever.

But creating every addon with an @ folder isn't what this is about. And i'm not "yelling" at you or even upset (for those of you who will read this all the wrong way). I find more and more, that i have to explain myself to the point of insanity because so many people just skim over my questions, and think that i didn't read something or do something right, even when it is in my message. The point is, i know where everything is and it works well for me. The issue I am having is not related to modfolders or readme's or because i don't know what i'm doing.:) See, still happy. But.....

Can someone tell me what addons could be causing my weapon exchange issue? I don't have anything called GL4 or vfai. I'm not currently using ACE. But is there any addons that change ai behaviour that i can look for?

Thanks

Playing the DeltaForce mission from the SealTeamSix guy.

Here's a good question to start on... does it do it no matter what mission you play? Even if you go into the editor and just throw guys down, do they do the same thing?

I just tried it with a mission i created.

It only happens with Delta Force so far. It may be related to the weapons they come with. I changed the weapons the units had. I had about 12 units all with custom loadouts. This time within the first 5 seconds while my units were getting into formation, my #8 icon changed to move while all the others were blank then it said ready then nothing.

I restarted and every single time he moves on his own for a second. What he is doing, i found out, is that he keeps leaving one magazine round on the ground. After 3 seconds of getting into formation he leaves a 30rnd Stanag on the ground for no reason.

And in the Delta mission you choose the loadouts of your units before you play. So I wonder if it has to do with their weapons. Cause it hasn't happened with units that have original loadouts.

The weapons i use are BIS weapons though. not anyones addons.

Oh, and I also tried it with and without the beta.

This is his loadout, I don't see any problems with it.

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "MAAWS_HEAT"; this addMagazine "MAAWS_HEDP"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17"; this addWeapon "SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT"; this addWeapon "MAAWS"; this addWeapon "glock17_EP1"; this addWeapon "NVGoggles"; this addWeapon "Binocular_Vector"; this addWeapon "ItemMap"; this addWeapon "ItemCompass"; this addWeapon "ItemWatch"; this addWeapon "ItemRadio"; this addWeapon "ItemGPS";

I don't see a problem with that. But seeing as how it seems to be mission specific it is probably best asked in the thread for the Delta Force Mission.

I thought i just wrote that it is NOT mission specific. It is Delta specific (so far). I put them in my own mission and do the same thing. Maybe someone can get a delta operator (silenced) and put in the same init and see if they get a problem with it.

I guess at this point i just want to know if ANY addons out there makes this even possible. I have never seen (But thanks for the help.

I thought i just wrote that it is NOT mission specific. It is Delta specific (so far). I put them in my own mission and do the same thing. Maybe someone can get a delta operator (silenced) and put in the same init and see if they get a problem with it.

I guess at this point i just want to know if ANY addons out there makes this even possible. I have never seen (But thanks for the help.

Oh, okay I thought that when you wrote "Delta Force" you were referring to the campaign/mission. I have never had that problem. I have used Delta Force guys in just screw around missions and in COOP ones plus the SP and campaign ones. I have no idea what is wrong with your guys.