Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 72418 Available!

with this patch, when i press space bar and am not the squad leader, the radio messages are totally messed up. when i hit roger for example, he says "negative". or when i click "repeat" he says "copy/roger"

tried it with the vanilla arma oa then (without beta patch) and it worked as it should. although i only tried it with scenario mission 1. dunno if this bug is known already. i have the austrian/german(?) version btw

edit: and when i use the "move there" button the game crashes at all -.-

Edited by fraghetti

Other team member's reload animation are only visible when they are prone. When they stand or crouch they are not visible.

yep, i can confirm the wrong messages with the latest beta.

i chose "injured" and got to hear "out of fuel".

i guess its just like the IR strobe problem: Fixed in final build.

All these betas with PLENTY of NEW bugs makes me wonder

if you actually TEST the game BEFORE givin it out...

Qualitycertification any one...

SWE: Kvalitetssäkring

;1711349']All these betas with PLENTY of NEW bugs makes me wonder

FPDR

charlimit

;1711349']All these betas with PLENTY of NEW bugs makes me wonder

Public betas' purpose is to test them out before BIS releases the final version. :icon_rolleyes:

@Andersson[sWEC] Some things are being tried with these betas, meaning before a full and final new patch is made, the changes are being tested by the community (thats you by the way).

Problems can be sorted and "new bugs" squashed for the final build. Thats the whole purpose of letting you (yea the community) take part in testing.

I find thats a great thing and i dont mind "new bugs" i just want to help iron them out and make ArmA 2 OA the master peace it deserves to be :-)

Thank you BIS keep it on.

Hello everyone

I admit I am posting here before having installed the beta (at work for the moment), but I am curious if anyone who had previous micro-stutter problems with OA have noticed any difference with this beta. Nobody seems to have posted any concerns regarding this, so I am curious if it's something still being experience by some users. Basically a good FPS constantly interrupted by bouts of micro-stutters.

This thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101124&page=27

had a few tips, but they don't seem to solve the issue, and it does not seem to have a "Ah! beta X, or Nvidia driver Y solves the stuttering"

Just curious if this is something that is being addressed, or if it's only a handful of users getting this issue.

Thanks!

My specs in case:

AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ 3,1 GHz

OCZ 2GB DDR2 II in Dual Channel mode

EVGA GTX 470

Windows 7 64

*EDIT* : Apologies. A new Nvidia patch did indeed fix this issue. I had not checked recently. Finally enjoying AO as intended

Edited by WeaponsFree
Tried a new patch

Ok been testing this and seem to work fine..

And my other post wasnt meant to be a rant on the bugs.

I dont notice many bugs in my game..

It just feels like some of the buggs might be system/pc related.

And no, i dont hava a DualNasa Fanatsy Pc.

Yeah, my system suddenly started running like a dog, micro stuttering and noticeably slowing down around trees. As I've been working on other stuff and testing betas I'd put it down to that and put up with it. Finally reached the point where a bit of investigation work was required to find out exactly what was going on and whether it should be attributed to the betas.

I discover a new Explorer shell extension was registered: CmdLineExt.dll - the SecuROM context menu for Explorer courtesy of Sprocket OA, removed that and normal service is resumed.

Well thank you Sprocket, you just lost another customer.

Hope it helps someone else.

Protegimus

I discover a new Explorer shell extension was registered: CmdLineExt.dll - the SecuROM context menu for Explorer courtesy of Sprocket OA, removed that and normal service is resumed.

While I understand your frustration with SecuROM, it is still a necessity of many publishers (not only Sprocket or OA for that matter) at least within the first half/one year.

OTOH realize that SecuROM is included with the DVD edition too, but don't fret, the Betas don't have copy protection and the next or over-next patch will remove it entirely anyway.

Seeing that Sprocket isn't the culprit here, I advise that you still buy from them, since it belongs to IDEA Games, of which BIS is a founding member, so the most money will go directly to the developer if you buy through Sprocket - if you like BIS, buy from them! ;)

Yeah, my system suddenly started running like a dog, micro stuttering and noticeably slowing down around trees. As I've been working on other stuff and testing betas I'd put it down to that and put up with it. Finally reached the point where a bit of investigation work was required to find out exactly what was going on and whether it should be attributed to the betas.

Hope it helps someone else.

Protegimus

would be nice if you report that problem to Securom developers ...

I have huge stuttering from wheel tracks behind vehicles. I can disable them only turning shadows off. How can I disable wheel tracks but leave shadows?

i have a problem with opfor's heads,

when im playing single player missions and look trough the scope i often see enemy's without heads.

wat is causing this issue ? someone else having these issues ??

While I understand your frustration with SecuROM, it is still a necessity of many publishers (not only Sprocket or OA for that matter) at least within the first half/one year.

OTOH realize that SecuROM is included with the DVD edition too, but don't fret, the Betas don't have copy protection and the next or over-next patch will remove it entirely anyway.

Seeing that Sprocket isn't the culprit here, I advise that you still buy from them, since it belongs to IDEA Games, of which BIS is a founding member, so the most money will go directly to the developer if you buy through Sprocket - if you like BIS, buy from them! ;)

Interesting spin, but in the UK we still have a quaint law that holds the vendor responsible for the quality of the goods, not the buyer or a third party - which I happen to agree with.

On that basis, I've reported it to Sprocket and published it here so that anyone experiencing the problem can deal with it immediately.

...and yeah, it is a frustration, why the hell should I put up with undisclosed software installations that mess up my system?

Protegimus

Can anyone explain what the Auto-Trim thing is supposed to do? I was assuming they meant that it would stop choppers from constantly pitching backwards so that you need to constantly tap forward to keep the nose down...but it doesn't seem to fix that, so what is it?

yep, i can confirm the wrong messages with the latest beta.

I chose "injured" and got to hear "out of fuel".

I guess its just like the IR strobe problem: Fixed in final build.

I just want to make sure this is known:

I am using a launcher: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731

In this i can choose what mods to load and in what order.

With Arrowhead came some new things to the mod list, such as "expansion" and "expansion beta".

now i didn't pay attention to this, but i have been starting Arma2 CO with the "expansion" and "expansion beta" selected.

This gave me the errors discribed above and some others..... after deselecting "expension" and just starting Arma 2 CO with the mods and "expansion beta" solved the problem.

If you download the Launcher and try you will know what i mean.

Reason i post this is because its not a BIS error, its a user error :-)

thanx for reading .

Can anyone explain what the Auto-Trim thing is supposed to do? I was assuming they meant that it would stop choppers from constantly pitching backwards so that you need to constantly tap forward to keep the nose down...but it doesn't seem to fix that, so what is it?

Before the beta patch, airplanes (not choppers)

a) took off by themselves (at least some of them) because the elevator was pushing down by itself

and

b) you climbed and climbed automatically unless you pushed nose down constantly a bit