Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

School shooting in germany!

Gutenberg-Gymnasium in Erfurt (east Germany). 3 people killed (2 teachers, one policeman), 6 injured so far.

Mostly teachers were hit, the suspect is hiding somewhere in the school with some hostages.

Damn sad.gif

First that shooting of the local polititians in France.. now this. What the hell is going on?

Fuck!!! That`s bad!!! And I can`t hear news in the office... Hope the police is able to end that fast! Now they are freaking out in our german schools, too!

Apparently, 20 kids are still trapped inside, 2 of which are severely injured, according to a pupil.

Furthermore, the suspect is believed to be armed with a pistol and a rifle. Probably hostages....

It's sad how many lives are lost. Why wasn't this kid dealt with earlier. One day ppl will realize that this is preventable by simple things like not ignoring children with mental disorder & other types. I think don't ppl will ever learn. To top things off, some middle aged ( or +) computer illiterate politician in germany will use this against the gamers of germany.

You`re right Ex-Ronin. I`ve translated the first part of an article from n-tv.de:

Shooting in school in Erfurt

Dead and wounded

In a shooting in the Gutenberg-Gymnasium in Erfurt three people have been killed. According to the police two teacher were killed, also a policeman. At least six more people were wounded. At the beginning the the rumors circled around a single shooter, but now it`s unsure if it is a group.

The shooter / the shooters have barricaded themselves in the first floor of the Gymnasium and have at least one pistol and one rifle with them, tells the police. 20 or more students are still in the building, told one female student the police.

Police says, it was informed at 11: 05 by the housekeeper of the Gymnasium about some shots inside the school. The policemen that observed that took fire.

@second_draw: It`s unsure if the shooter is a student...

I really don't get the recent wave of violence in Europe. Why is it happening? Where do they get their guns from? School shootings have AFIK never happened in Europe until now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You`re right Ex-Ronin. I`ve translated the first part of an article from n-tv.de:

Shooting in school in Erfurt

Dead and wounded

In a shooting in the Gutenberg-Gymnasium in Erfurt three people have been killed. According to the police two teacher were killed, also a policeman. At least six more people were wounded. At the beginning the the rumors circled around a single shooter, but now it`s unsure if it is a group.

The shooter / the shooters have barricaded themselves in the first floor of the Gymnasium and have at least one pistol and one rifle with them, tells the police. 20 or more students are still in the building, told one female student the police.

Police says, it was informed at 11: 05 by the housekeeper of the Gymnasium about some shots inside the school. The policemen that observed that took fire.

@second_draw: It`s unsure if the shooter is a student...<span id='postcolor'>

i don't like n-tv, i prefer yahoo and spiegel online wink.gif

still, it sux bigtime sad.gif

Denoir, I have no idea, it just doesn't make sense. Gun control worked fine so far over here, but now it's getting out of hand. Maybe guns should be banned altogether, just like in England.

We also have amok-shooters here. It happens that people kill their family and themselves or other stuff. But shoot-outs in our schools here in Germany have so far been very rare. I can`t remember one in the last time...

Banning legal guns (hunters, sportshooters and so on) is no solution in my eyes, because 98% off all shootings are probably be done with illegal and non-registred guns. I was sportshooter for ten years and I`d never come to such a stupid action!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 26 2002,13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.....Maybe guns should be banned altogether, just like in England.<span id='postcolor'>

and like here in australia. Some looney went on a rampage killing many ppl here in australia & ruined it for everyone else. At least i have the knowledge i won't be a body count in a massacre or maybe....... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We also have amok-shooters here. It happens that people kill their family and themselves or other stuff. But shoot-outs in our schools here in Germany have so far been very rare. I can`t remember one in the last time...

Banning legal guns (hunters, sportshooters and so on) is no solution in my eyes, because 98% off all shootings are probably be done with illegal and non-registred guns. I was sportshooter for ten years and I`d never come to such a stupid action!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, what about February in Bayern? Berufschule?

Principal shot dead, several injured, then he blew himself up.

As for banning guns, I don't think that most crimes committed are done with illegal guns, I reckon its friends or kids borrowing or stealing them from someone. If people can't keep their guns securely, then they shouldn't be allowed to keep them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 26 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We also have amok-shooters here. It happens that people kill their family and themselves or other stuff. But shoot-outs in our schools here in Germany have so far been very rare. I can`t remember one in the last time...

Banning legal guns (hunters, sportshooters and so on) is no solution in my eyes, because 98% off all shootings are probably be done with illegal and non-registred guns. I was sportshooter for ten years and I`d never come to such a stupid action!<span id='postcolor'>

As for banning guns, I don't think that most crimes committed are done with illegal guns, I reckon its friends or kids borrowing or stealing them from someone. If people can't keep their guns securely, then they shouldn't be allowed to keep them.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, that was a guy who failed school and job and took revenge on his principal. Had forgotten that.

You`re tested before you get a gun. If you fail there you get no gun. If you fail later, you should lose it, that`s right. But if you behave correctly it would be unfair to take away your guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 26 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We also have amok-shooters here. It happens that people kill their family and themselves or other stuff. But shoot-outs in our schools here in Germany have so far been very rare. I can`t remember one in the last time...

As for banning guns, I don't think that most crimes committed are done with illegal guns, I reckon its friends or kids borrowing or stealing them from someone. If people can't keep their guns securely, then they shouldn't be allowed to keep them.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, that was a guy who failed school and job and took revenge on his principal. Had forgotten that.

You`re tested before you get a gun. If you fail there you get no gun. If you fail later, you should lose it, that`s right. But if you behave correctly it would be unfair to take away your guns.<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough. I didn't know they test you (I'd probably fail wink.gif ).

Maybe there should be random checks at home as well?

I hope the crackheaded politicians in England won't ban Airsoft now confused.gif I would be well pissed off

The problem are almost always parents that don´t keep their guns secure and out of reach of their (screwed) children.

According to reports of students that could escape it seems the suspect is a student of that school, he pulled a gun and started shooting as a test was handed out to the class.

If you have a gun, you have to deal with it very carefully. An example:

The transporting of guns. You are not allowed to carry it on your body. Only hunters and the police are allowed to do so. If you carry it in a weapon case, the ammunition has to be carried separately. And so on...

I don`t know so far, why somebody freaked out that much in Erfurt...

They now speak of 2 gunmen, that were barricaded inside the school.

One suspect, a former discharged student of that school, is reported to be dead, the circumstances are not yet clear, but it looks like police SEK teams are in the process of storming the building, clearing room by room.

The other one has barricaded himself with some hostages.

The shooting seems to have started during the general qualification for university entrance tests while mathematic tests were handed out, shortly afterwards one of the gunmen pulled a weapon and started shooting immediately.

I understand that one person might go insane and start killing. But two, doing it together? It means that it could have not been spontanious, but planned. Thats bloody disturbing.

Maybe they freaked because Counterstrike got banned! wink.gif

But again it must be said that Erfurt is one of those "no-future" cities. Teenagers grow up with surrounded by communistic grey houses that all look the same, unemployment and disillusionment. But on TV they see a colorful CokaCola world.

(hey dont forget the swiss who ran into the local parliament and shot down everyone)

They say now (CNN):

"

Police say at least 18 people are dead -- including one gunman -- after a shooting at a high school in in Erfurt, Germany, wire services report.

"

shit...

This is even worse than amok runs in U.S schools, never thought something like this could happen here in germany, 18 dead....