Sign in to follow this  
Cloughy

Running combined ops dedicated server beta?

I am having issues running the arrowhead beta dedicated server.

I get the following error when trying to join on all clients,

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FxCartridge.artilleryTarget'.

I in my -mod path i specify the full path to expansion\beta; and expansion\beta\expansion;

Any ideas?

Cheers

GC

I am having issues running the arrowhead beta dedicated server.

I get the following error when trying to join on all clients,

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FxCartridge.artilleryTarget'.

I in my -mod path i specify the full path to expansion\beta; and expansion\beta\expansion;

Any ideas?

Cheers

GC

Hi.

You running Steam versions or non-Steam(DVD)?

I'm using the Dvd version. Both installed to same directory.

Cheers

GC

Ok do you know how to make a bat file? Simple just make a new txt file inside your ArmA2 folder and change the .txt with bat, den edit your bat file. And add this line into it:

"[color="Red"]XXXX:\YOUR_ARMA2_INSTALL_FOLDER[/color]\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash [color="Blue"]-ADD_MORE_PARAMETERS[/color]

Change the red mark to your real ArmA2 install folder

The Blue mark, you can add more parameters you need for your server

Nope,still get No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FxCartridge.artilleryTarget'.

I have to use full path in mod path, otherwise i get a .Shadows error when the server starts. I get the No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FxCartridge.artilleryTarget'. when players try to connect.

Not that it should matter, the path of arma2 is,

D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

Cheers

GC

Hi try this one:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -gamerTag=server

I'm running "Combined Operation" Well, i have both steam versions of ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead. I just made a new folder on my server, called ArmA 2, i copy my whole steam arma 2 folder into my server folder and i copy my steam Arma 2 OA folder into arma 2 folder on my server, so both are in same folder on my server. And i don't use the beta mod startup, to much trouble, so i copy the OA beta folder over to main folder and overwrite the original files.

So my startup bat file is:

"E:\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" -mod=ca -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server

So before i login to my server, the server expansion says: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead; Arma 2

If i remove ca from -mod= my server only start with expansion: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Edited by MJK-Ranger

No path didnt wor, now get error about default profile. Would be helpful if we got direction off BIS on this. Certanly wansnt this much hassle on Arma2 Beta.

Cheers

GC

I guess you are using a shortcut to run your server, (save time giving you paths etc)

the parameter I use is this,,, works fine, if you have any mods then use the -mod="whatever"

-name=server2 -config=server2\Arma2OA.cfg -cfg=server2\Arma2.cfg -profiles=server2  -port=2222 

Change ports/names to suit yourself.

you can copy all the beta files into the main directory,,,, replacing the original server exe and the DTA files, doing it this way stops your server showing up with the RED icon in the browser. (make a copy of the files you are replacing, just in case you need to put them back)

Edited by Taxman

that doesn't fix the problem really. I want to run a arrowhead server beta, without copying beta files like its supposed to.

Cheers

GC

hmm.. well i don't know what your are doing wrong. You have both DVD versions i have both Steam version copied into on new folder on my server, another word. It's the same as you.

And i can still run my server with beta mod, like this:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -gamerTag=server

But i have copied my beta folder to arma 2 folder on my server and overwrite some few files, and i can run my server with this parameters:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=ca" -nosplash -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -gamerTag=server

And i use bat file to startup my server. no silly shortcut, my own bat file.

Inside my bat file i have following line: i.e

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=ca" -nosplash -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -gamerTag=server

I just double click on my bat file that i named ArmA2_CO_Start.bat

Download the bat file here, unzip it and put it into your D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ then run it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/409774106/ArmA2_CO_Start.zip

Edited by MJK-Ranger

that doesn't fix the problem really. I want to run a arrowhead server beta, without copying beta files like its supposed to.

Cheers

GC

Only problem with doing it your way buddy,,, anyone without the patch will see your server as RED and htey normally dont join..

Some of the following steps, you will already have made, but here's a step by step guide to do it sensibly

1) Install Arma2 to whatever folder, and make this your master copy

2) Install OA to that same folder

3) Patch to the latest non beta patch

4) Install the beta patch to the master

5) Make a copy of this master install and use this copy of the master install as your "Server"

6) Copy the contents of the expansions\beta folder to the root of your expansions folder on your "SERVER" copy

7) Copy the expansions\beta\arma20aserver.exe to the root of the "SERVER" copy, overwriting the non beta server.exe

For example

expansion\beta\dta files are copied to expansion\dta folder

So basically you should now have a pristine master copy of a Combined Ops installation, and a copy of this which has been modified to run the beta files outside of their beta folder.

Then, if for any reason the beta has issues, all you need to do is delete the "SERVER" copy and make a fresh copy of your master install

and then run the server.exe as you would normally.

End result, running the latest beta patch, but still having a green icon next to your server name in gamespy and still having an unedited pristine installation incase of problems.

Edited by Terox

edit... :)

Edited by Taxman

I've followed these step-by-step instructions but my server still doesn't seem to be running in CO mode. I've joined it and tried to start a CO map and it takes me back to the missions screen. It'll play some of the BIS stock coops fine.

I tried going to the Kelley's Heroes guide:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

Either that site doesn't exist anymore or I can't connect for some reason.

Here's what I've done:

1. Installed ArmA 2 c:\games\Arma2

2. Installed ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead into c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead

3. Installed the latest beta patch ARMA2_OA_Build_77819.zip

4. Copied the contents of c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion\addons into c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons

5. Copied the contents of c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion\dta into c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\dta

In step 5, I overwrote the existing files in the c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\dta directory with the beta ones.

6. Copied the c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe and overwrote the one in c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

7. Created a batch file with the following startup:

"C:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ARMA2OASERVER.exe" "-mod=ca;" -nosplash -port=2302 -config=dedicated.cfg -cfg=dedicatedperf.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -gamerTag=server

8. Scratched my head and cursed a lot as it still doesn't work.

I mean seriously, WTF do I have to EFFING do to get a CO server working? Why is there no BIS FAQ on this? The dedicated server stuff on the wiki is ancient...dating back to Arma1 with almost nothing about Arma2 much less CO. FFS, there should be more documentation on this.

I ran dedicated servers for both OFP and Arma 1 so it's not like I'm a noob at this either.

So if someone can please show me the error of my ways, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just use tophe dedi server tool and point it to the OA beta server exe if it works then check what commands/pathes etc etc it creates and see if they are different from what you set?.

I've followed these step-by-step instructions but my server still doesn't seem to be running in CO mode. I've joined it and tried to start a CO map and it takes me back to the missions screen. It'll play some of the BIS stock coops fine.

I tried going to the Kelley's Heroes guide:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

Either that site doesn't exist anymore or I can't connect for some reason.

Here's what I've done:

1. Installed ArmA 2 c:\games\Arma2

2. Installed ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead into c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Let's start here... install OA into C:\games\Arma 2 instead of c:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead

No need to put them in different folders...

EDIT - hey I just jumped on your server and loaded Warfare BE CO, until I got kicked by BattlEye (just reformatted, need to update it)... so it seems you have it fixed?

EDIT - now I'm in and playing, no problems, runs smooth... working for you ok?

And on a side note, great to see you and your server back online.

Edited by Mosh